Short rant OMIGOD Obamacare is a NIGHTMARE

So we signed up for this dreck to avoid paying the penalty. Try to make an appt to see a dr.? Forget it. First of all the dr. they assigned (PCP) has not taken that insurance in over a decade. I called 15 or so other offices nearby off their websites list and gradually getting further and further away from my home and NONE of them take this stinking insurance. I live in a city folks, not a rural area.

So, frustrated now, I make an appt. with my family dr and am prepared to pay cash. SO then they have the nerve to tell me they will not apply my out of pocket toward the deductible, you know why? Because I didn't get prior authoriz. from my PCP?

WHO DOESNT TAKE THE PLAN.

Yes, I filed a complaint with the state dept of insurance.

FREAKS. Thank you so much US government.
Censored.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2016, 4:18:37 AM
Well, that fucking sucks balls. Good luck in your fight with the government!
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
move to Canada and just wait 10 hours to see a doc.. but for free!!!!.. yea, still sucks. good luck, sir!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Or move to Germany, pay 150 euro a month and see the doctor whenever you want.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
This insurance that is not insurance is costing me $95/month. SO I'm paying that b/c penalty would be more but it is still wrong to pay that and get NOTHING for it.
Censored.
I feel your pain. Nothing quite like being shoved into a pool on your own dime.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I get sick and tired about people saying medical care is free in Canada.

We pay for it through heavy taxes. Dental, vision and prescriptions for most are not covered.

That being said.

I could never wade through that quagmire of insurance they have in the US even without Obamacare.

It's comforting to know when I have to go to the ER that I won't get some ridiculous bill later on.

No country is perfect, I guess.
For transparency, I'm very liberal in most regards. I am absolutely in favor of single-payer. I like Canada's system, but I also recognize that there are other ways to go about it.

With that out of the way, I have a LOT of issues with the ACA. First, I find it very distasteful (and probably unconstitutional, but I can't put my finger on how) that the government is forcing me into directly purchasing a private product, simply because I exist. On a fundamental level, I see no difference between the ACA mandate, and a hypothetical law compelling people to buy a Pepsi every month.

Second, I don't care what the Supreme Court says, it's a fucking tax. And a BIG one. And one that disproportionately affects the bottom. And more importantly, one that benefits almost fucking no one, with some notable exceptions. I watched with horror as my GF's tax return dropped by half because in the first half of the year, her employer only offered ridiculously expensive insurance, which she (smartly) opted out of. Seriously, what fucking good is a 2000$ deductible for someone with a 10/hr job? Might as well be a million.

It's like, the antithesis of what Obama originally set out to do. But, you know, gotta reach across that aisle, eh?

Third -- and this was a problem before the ACA, so I may let this slide -- it does nothing to decouple health insurance from employment; it actually reinforces that relationship. Oh, you lost your job? How about you just lose your insurance too. Might as well kick you while you're on the floor.

So those are the big three. I could keep going, but it's nitpicking after this point.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 13, 2016, 6:50:32 AM
"
Antnee wrote:

It's like, the antithesis of what Obama originally set out to do. But, you know, gotta reach across that aisle, eh?

I hope you're not implying that the Republicans had anything to do with passing Obamacare, or with what was in it. Right now, the GOPe is on about a par with the Dems, in my book, but at least they unanimously refused to support Obamacare when it came up for a vote. That one's ALL on Obama's home team.

As for the Constitutionality of it, yeah, that was a big SCOTUS fail, just like it was a fail for the SCOTUS to declare that the Federal Gub'mint counted as a state, where setting up the O'Care exchanges was concerned.

Because if the Feds are now a state...

The US Constitution would like a word with them about their phoney-baloney, fiat currency:

"No State shall...coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts..." -Article I, Section 10, Clause 1

Not that anybody even gives two hoots in hard vacuum. =-[.]-=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
No, Obamacare wasn't drafted by either party. It was basically drafted by the insurance industry. The Obama admin. in its ineptitude wanted to, get this!, "work with the insurance cos." to come up with something that would work. Ever hear of foxes in the henhouse?

Yeah. I thought you had. Apparently those dummies never had.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info