[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

"
haha thx for explanation of Solaris chest piece, my bad, didnt noticed it has the same mod as Shav's

ok as im here to ask the budget questions:
What is needed to make the change from elemental setup to Phys/Chaos (as you state is good or better for this build), just a high physical DPS imbued wand? (How much DPS on wand is considered "good"?)
e.g. Do you make changes in the Tree when you decide to switch to Phys/Chaos?

Kind regards

you basicly switch to phys/chaos when you feel like you have reached almost capped damage with elemental ( lvl21 auras, ~lvl92 character, great jewlry and a good wand) but still want more dps. For me that only was the case in enfeeble+tempchain+ more monster life T15 corrupted 8 mod maps.

I've posted example gear and tree for the chaos version at the start of the first post, the stuff in green text so you can compare the trees, gear and clearspeed videos. Basicly what you need for phys/chaos to be successful:

- a lvl 20 added chaos gem
- a 10+crit 1.5+ aps imbued wand with a chaos damage roll, or at least 180-200physical dps
- a high ES, high spell damage shield
- a good dps neck and jewlry with flat added damage (preferably physical, cold or the crafted chaos from elreon7)
- a lot of damage jewels with at least two damage mods on each ( projectile damage, spell damage, spell damage while holding a shield, crit mutliplier)
- good ES gear to reach 7-8k ES minimum

thats quite the investment if you ask me, but to me it felt good, because I was doing more damage in the T15 crazy maps.

from a cost efficiency point of view, its much better to go elemental at first.its very easy to build and enough damage for all but maybe the crazy T15 maps which most people never run anyways.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
I've had a quick skim read of the thread. Is there any reason this build doesnt use blood rage to generate its frenzy charges? Trying it out it seems great even though the degen is pretty high.
"
fr3tles5 wrote:
I've had a quick skim read of the thread. Is there any reason this build doesnt use blood rage to generate its frenzy charges? Trying it out it seems great even though the degen is pretty high.

degen is annoying with ES characters and if you use prism guardian you cant use weapon swap to easily remove it
Thx for the nice help cmphx.
As im gonna start your build as elemental wander, i wonder if nodes like "%Elemental Damage" provide me with more damage? i would like to understand it
or is only %Weapon Elemental Damage increasing my damage?

(think about the new Grand Spectrum... made a short sheet with changes, is it worth it? this would also lead to total ignoring crit on gear for better survival stats)
Spoiler

Last edited by airparisderjesus on May 30, 2016, 1:24:10 PM
yes, "%increased elemental damage" will increase your damage as a wander.

However I dont feel like Grand Spectrum is good for this build. Even with heavy investment you cant get more than 6-7 jewels and even then only at very high levels. We dont know anything about how expensive these jewels will be, and you will have to sacrifice alot of other stuff to get the jewel nodes on the tree. If you can still make everything work out, sure it is a very very nice damage boost.

But first getting decent enough accuracy, crit chance, ES is the most important step. Without these things the build will not feel good.

You can do alot of minmaxing with your crit rate though. If you are willing to use a diamond flask, it will be sufficient to reach ~78% crit chance with all charges and still crit 95% of times due to diamond flask mechanics. That can either save you a gem link (crit strikes) or a few crit passives on the tree that can be spent on jewels then.

I would suggest not to do such min/maxing before you have a solid, working build. No matter how you do it, even with mediocre/budget gear you will end up with enough damage and survivability for maps up until Tier 11 maps. Depending on how much you play, thats gonna take you a while to get there anyways.

Only at this point is it necessary that you get some serious upgrades for you build if you want to push it into the mid 90s and red maps. At that point, you can post your gear here in the thread or link me ingame and I can give you some suggestions.
well i just posted you a table with "sacrifices" of your build to generate jewel slots. i focused on making changes only @ Dmg Nodes. Meaning you still have the same ES, defensive, aura nodes as before. i know we dont know anything about the jewel cost but tbh i doubt they will be much more rare than the other unique jewels and will end up max 2-3 chaos maybe..

i think i will try it out with 10 jewel slots, why not ^^

lul ok gem already nerfed. 500% instead of 600%... could be enough also
Last edited by airparisderjesus on May 31, 2016, 10:12:35 AM
Hey, what do you think about this patch note?

Fixed a bug where certain unwalkable tiles would not block projectiles.

Will it affect Frost Wall's behaviour?
"
djnat wrote:
Hey, what do you think about this patch note?

Fixed a bug where certain unwalkable tiles would not block projectiles.

Will it affect Frost Wall's behaviour?

I dont think so. They would have mentioned it in a more clear way. The outcry would be huge if this was a sneaky way to nerf frostwall and GGG doesnt like making players upset.

I'll probably try out frost wall ( and also how spark performs ) on this weekend so I can tell you soon after 2.3 started
Last edited by cmphx on Jun 2, 2016, 6:28:27 PM
I will try this build tonight in the new league.I will start as a Life Based Crit Ele Bow/Wand and farm up currency to switch to LL. Hope it's gonna work :)
I will try it to at the start of this league, thanks for this nice build man...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info