Hard In The Paint Guardian. Endgame Facetank with Big Deeps.

Are you sick of spamming chaos trying to get the right map mods, or tp'n out without killing the extra-damage minus-max crit-chance twinned boss? Fed up with glass cannon builds that require endless kiting or tank builds with terrible dps?! Well lace up those Nikes because its time to go HAM with your very own Guardian Templar!

Most supports follow carries around bottle-feeding them auras and tossing out curses. Screw that you're not their mom, tell those carries to hit the bricks and get a job to support their damn selves because you're a strong independent exile that can carry her own groceries. So drop the doedre's rings and grab a voll's because this support rocks a crit f'ing mjolner with a laaaaaag build to ensure those carries go panhandling elsewhere.

VIDEOS

TWINNED ENDGAME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRmdsCPLZb0
Showcasing the ability to facetank and namelock like a total noob while making 0 attempts to dodge damage in maps with super rippy mods.

DEATH AND TAXES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVVB0i8ZYqo
2ez gg no re glhf

PROS & CONS

PROS:
Wicked high defenses stacked like pancakes. Battleship armor plating. Empowered lvl 24 Purities in a Vertex for +8 max res to all. Aegis with 800+ ES return and stun immunity on block. De La Hoya like evasion through Enfeeble and Smoke Pot (the flask). Big Deeps, its crit Mjolner with a Shavs BOOOOM! Comes with two matching 4 finger fist rings that say "YOLO" and "ALCH". Dual Curse in case you still want to wear a skirt I mean support and debuff.

CONS:
Blood Magic if it exists but I haven't seen it in ages, if it pops up then chaos over it, if you don't have a spare chaos orb lying around then you're in the wrong thread because this shit requires thousands of them in perandus third world economy. I saw a stray dog sleeping on a lightning coil.

DEFENSE

PRE-GAME

GATORADE VARIETY PACK

OFFENSE

DISCHARGE AND CHILL

ARC WITH PURPLE DRANK AND MOUNTAIN BERRY BLAST POWERADE

PASSIVE SKILL TREE

TREE: http://tinyurl.com/llcritguardian

BANDITS: Skill Point - Atk Speed - End Charge

JEWELS: Intuitive Leap by templar to grab charges and devotion, Efficient Training north of witch for choke strength brah, Energy Within coming down the right side for that sweet ES, finally a Conqueror's Efficiency by Vaal Pact for that last bit of mana reserve to enable Determination and Discipline on Blood Magic. You're chilling by a few more jewel sockets so if you've got some gg 4 prop ones laying around then tweak the tree to fit them in.

LEVELING Throw random skills in a tabula and quicksilver your ass to merc with any assortment of passive points you wish. You can respec into Hard In The Paint around 70 and its easy street from there.

GEMS & LINKS

Mjolner: Discharge - Arc - Life Leech
Shavs: Molten Strike - Multistrike - Fortify - GM Projectiles - Faster Attacks // Rallying Cry
Vertex: Purity of Fire - Purity of Ice - Purity of Lightning - Empower lvl3
Repentance: Blood Magic - Discipline - Determination - Enlighten lvl3
Boots/Strides: Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Ele Weakness - Enfeeble/Conductivity
Shield: Ice Golem - Vaal Haste - Inc Duration

Shield slot is open to whatever. You could go with a vaal righteous fire setup, perhaps an ancestral protector for the atk speed, roleplay with tempest shield, vaal disc if you lack confidence, or an increased duration immortal call if you hide under your covers during thunderstorms.

WARDROBE PROVIDED BY GUCCI

PAPPY'S LIQUOR CABINET

I like a Crown & Coke as much as the next guy but sometimes a Bud Light is what you need atm. Pick your poison depending on the map mods and monsters you'll be teabagging. Flasks are an extension of your build and a good collection of them will help immensely in tackling the hardest content. Dont be that guy that always brings a 6 pack of Heineken, he usually goes home alone.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

Rallying Cry is tits, instant cast with orb bro for the dips and it handles all mana issues. However, for no regen maps you have to go full on GGG skill demo and carry a mana pot. I prefer the Eternal Mana Crunk Cup since it matches my grill, don't forget to sip with your pinky out playa. For Enfeeble maps swap the Repentance gloves for a high accuracy rare. You can run Ele Reflect since we're Vaal Pact but keep up a Topaz and Ruby or you'll play yourself. All other map mods are pretty cool and doesnt afraid of anything.

Last edited by Rimez on Apr 14, 2016, 12:15:04 AM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 1:16:30 AM
Dude this image :D totally made my day.
I always knew I'd find a build worth all the hoarding I've done with my magic finder...
10/10

INCOMING LINEUP FOR VOLL'S

Was I really calling it a Stibnite before??

btw nice chest vaal or no balls.

edit: where do you get the last 1% Aura effect for purities? my skilltree says only 59%
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Was I really calling it a Stibnite before??

btw nice chest vaal or no balls.

edit: where do you get the last 1% Aura effect for purities? my skilltree says only 59%

devotion from intuitive leap.
I have to say I'm pretty impressed by how well everything synergizes together, down to the prayer of glory instant warcries with rallying cry for mana sustain.

One thing I am thinking about however is perhaps forgoing most of that spellcrit and multi and just taking elemental overload in its place.
Last edited by Zathy on Apr 14, 2016, 1:06:19 AM
How can one even get 6 off shavs o.O I guess I could get away with 4l for attack skipping fortify and making leap slam fortify faster attacks combo.

I played 2 mjolner builds already (LL RT and life-kingsguard MoM EB crit one) and I always wanted to do aegis build so it's time for new benchmark build:D Also nice guide, I laughed a bit (I was at lecture so I couldn't laugh more).
Last edited by 3bygone3 on Apr 14, 2016, 8:30:02 AM
Hmmm usable at all you think?

Last edited by Zenzen on Apr 17, 2016, 5:05:39 PM
Problem solved. Now what to do with that other green. Could throw in lmp as well but that would increase the cost. Maybe blind?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info