Any Point to Playing if you Don't Race?

Title's the question basically.

I remember playing when the game came out, and I enjoyed it enough for a while. I'm not really a racer type player though, I prefer to take my time and explore and complete things.

In Diablo each season has plenty of objectives, including certain time based ones but there's a lot to go for. Does PoE have normal seasons, or is everything just racing?

I was thinking of coming back to the game, but everything I'm reading is race this and race that, and from the sounds of it unless you're really good at being fast (which I am absolutely not) there is literally no reward.

Is this the case or is there something in this game for players like me? And please don't answer with 'racing is easy, etc...' that doesn't really help.
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2016, 9:48:10 PM
"
Is this the case or is there something in this game for players like me? And please don't answer with 'racing is easy, etc...' that doesn't really help.

Yes, there is a game mode for your playstyle. Challenge leagues. They typically start every 4 months or so, and last 3 months or so. There's one going on right now, Perandus league (6 weeks left or so). You get microtransaction skins the more challenges you complete. Higher quantities of challenges and you win parts of an 8-piece totem polem that you can place in your hideout.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 9, 2016, 8:59:03 PM
Thanks, that sounds like more my thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info