[2.2] Loate's Bullet Hell Heaven build AKA Malachai's Revenge AKA The Funpocalypse

"
Is the build viable with just a 5link ?

Definitely viable with a 5l, as long as it's on the Sire of Shards. You could probably sub in Concentrated Effect for Inc. AoE to make up for some of the Empower damage.
Last edited by unhappymeal on Jul 27, 2016, 6:05:14 PM
"
Definitely viable with a 5l, as long as it's on the Sire of Shards. You could probably sub in Concentrated Effect for Inc. AoE to make up for some of the Empower damage.

Am I missing something for making this work? I finished Cruel Labs today and have a 4 L Sire of Shards with Fireball, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration and Spell Totem, as well as 3 Rolling Flames jewels. The damage of 3 x Fireball-Spell Totem feels lower than 3 x Flame Totem and the Spell Totems are significantly less durable.
Last edited by unhappymeal on Jul 27, 2016, 6:06:02 PM
Playing this build now, just want to let you know it's incredibly fun!

Thanks
"
unhappymeal wrote:
"

Am I missing something for making this work? I finished Cruel Labs today and have a 4 L Sire of Shards with Fireball, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration and Spell Totem, as well as 3 Rolling Flames jewels. The damage of 3 x Fireball-Spell Totem feels lower than 3 x Flame Totem and the Spell Totems are significantly less durable.

This is not really meant as a super viable build without at least a 5l, and even then it's more to annoy the people around you than anything else. If you want quick clear speed I would go for a more standard build. If you want to laugh as the world burns, then this is for you.
"...and Rolling Flames increases the AoE of Fireball by up to 50% depending on how far the projectile travels (and you'll be socketing three of them)"

Please tell me how? Am I missing something?

The wording on the jewel is "With at least 50 Intelligence Allocated in Radius". From your skill tree, it looks like the only socket that has 50 in range is the one by MoM. There's zero int in range of the one below Templar. Why socket a 3rd Rolling Flames there?
Last edited by darccyde on Aug 31, 2016, 9:58:28 PM
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. You have inspired me to include an Epic Troll section in the Templar builds sticky. Well done and I hope to play this build one day...

... and destroy every LFG I can find on some future Friday night...

Happy Friday,
~ Scards
This an absolutely hilarious (and surprisingly effective) build idea! Decided to respec a lvl90 Hierophant I had to play around with this a bit til the new expansion drops.

Even with just 2 Rolling Flames jewels the fireball AoE is pretty insane! Without the Fireball Dragon MTX however, the explosions are actually kinda disappointing. So, to satiate my boredom, I decided to drop the Rolling Flames jewels and give Magma Orb a try. I was rewarded with an amazing light show that would probably be an epileptic's worst nightmare! Not only that, but I was dealing more damage as well (since Magma Orb naturally deals more damage than Fireball). I think with Magma Orb, you're trading the massive single explosion per fireball for a couple of smaller and more powerful explosions per magma orb.

Also, tried Arctic Breath as well (although without passives built around it, the damage was not that great). That's also pretty entertaining, if a little nauseating from the constant screen shaking making you feel like an earthquake is going on!
Last edited by Soulcommando on Aug 26, 2016, 9:16:24 PM
did you try replacing the fireball with magma orb as someone els mentioned and how far do you think you can go with this build now that they are buffing fireball dmg by 50% ? do you think you can do some red maps? maybe even high red maps?
Interested also to get a build update for 2.4.0 :-)
Help me complete my unique collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335591

IGN: CGT_FR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info