[2.2] Loate's Bullet Hell Heaven build AKA Malachai's Revenge AKA The Funpocalypse

"
Shajirr wrote:
Taking EE doesn't make sense to me - most packs and bosses die just fine by having one res reduction curse on them.

Curse has around -45% res, another 30% from Fire Pen. Don't see why EE would be required.

Having EE means any enemy that is not oneshot gets +res, so EE actively harms clearspeed because you need to constantly cast Orbs in addition to totems, while without EE most of the time you only just use totems.

So the thing with EE, is that it's right there on the pathing, and I need to drop an orb every so often to proc Elemental Overload anyway. Honestly, you could probably do fine without it, but I noticed a pretty big jump in damage on yellows/bosses when I specced into it (whites and blues are gonna die no matter what, so don't really care about them), and so I decided to keep it. Plus, with the amount of ball lightning/orb hits I'm spamming at bosses combined with the number of fireball explosions, it alternates really fast, so I'm fairly confident it's a net DPS gain overall.

However, I could be wrong! Always a possibility, so I recommend if you're going to try it, try both, and see what feels better (since it's only one regret to test it).

(Build also updated with a video of Dry Peninsula at level 85).
Update - Build is not Atziri viable. Does fine against the earlier bosses, then gets absolutely wrecked by split phase. Instant death to mirror reflect for totems (shockingly).
Tried replacing Inc AoE gem with Conc for that?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Shajirr wrote:
Tried replacing Inc AoE gem with Conc for that?

Thought about it, but the problem is I have so much other AoE on the tree and the fireballs are shooting out in 7 directions that I just don't think it's feasible with the mechanics of the mirror clone. The majority of the build's damage comes from the overlapping explosions, so I think this is one that's going to end up being endgame map viable but not Atziri viable.
any thoughts on ice spear as a replacement for ball lightning?
"
Toxic_Abyss wrote:
any thoughts on ice spear as a replacement for ball lightning?

You could definitely run it, though I like the auto pierce of Ball Lightning to help proc EE throughout entire packs, and I think you won't get as much out of the skill as you do out of Ball Lightning. The crit on Ice Spear isn't really a big deal, since Orb of Storms keeps Elemental Overload up constantly, and because I'm specced into Elemental Overload, that also means I won't benefit from any crit multiplier, which, imo, is the main draw of Ice Spear if you're actually using it for damage as opposed to power charge generation.
Nice to see you play PoE. You have good taste in games despite the purple. Go Packers!
IGN: Prospectus
I'm not sure if you're still reading/updating this guide, but the gear section is missing the weapon so I was wondering what gems/weapon and shield you use?

"
Fignut wrote:
I'm not sure if you're still reading/updating this guide, but the gear section is missing the weapon so I was wondering what gems/weapon and shield you use?

Hmm, that's odd, wonder if something got messed up when the leagues got migrated. Should be Sire of Shards, and the links are Spell Totem -> Fireball -> Faster Casting -> Fire Pen -> Inc AoE -> Empower
Is the build viable with just a 5link ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info