How good are decrees in PvP

Hello guys,

I've had a weird surprise lately, where my Decree of Winter (cast when hit) enchantment tended to deal a pretty high amount of damage to other players in PvP. After checking the skill's damage, I saw that it deals around 2.5K-3.9K per hit (with it usually hitting multiple times the opponent that damaged me), half of the damage being provided by the Righteous Fire spell damage increase.
With ennemies having 75% res, plus PvP damage reduction, I didn't expect it to be dangerous, but it does kill some players, and remove huge chunks of life from others.
My question is, do you guys feel that some Decrees have a very important effect on PvP? Are some effects too good? Does the PvP reduction apply to them in a sufficient manner?

I must admit, with the changes that came with Ascendancy, my Righteous Fire Scion may have gotten a little bit too much of a buff for PvP.
So far only two decree seems usefull in pvp :

Decree of spite = free arctic breath/cwdt
Decree of light = regen on crit

I still need to try Decree of Fury as it can proc Mjolner/CoC but i'm not sur it will make a big difference.

Otherwise most of them are more like a finishing move than proper dps (the clone is funny tho).
rlowe here. Yea, decrees are pretty fucking good in pvp, but you have to be spec'd for it. I'm cold damage spec'd, and my Decree of Winter does, I THINK, 5k-8k. So yea, Decree of Winter is pretty good.

//EDIT: Nope, so fucking wrong. Got my Glacial Cascade damage mixed up. My decree of winter does 3.8k-5.8k
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by I_am_Upset on Apr 8, 2016, 5:40:19 PM
lol rlowe you still play? You should check out perandus with us :P
Add me, then. I have a lvl 62 (or 63?) trapper bitch in Perandus.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I've got word of winter when hit on my inquisitor and it hurts enemy so bad on crit my friend thought I was reflecting his damage lmfao. I don't use decree cuz of the potential to get myself in precarious positions if it hits reflect mobs, but i am guessing decree of winter will hit like a truck when procced in pvp, especially on crit specced inquisitors due to ignoring resistances.
"
IceDeal wrote:
So far only two decree seems usefull in pvp :

Decree of spite = free arctic breath/cwdt
Decree of light = regen on crit

I still need to try Decree of Fury as it can proc Mjolner/CoC but i'm not sur it will make a big difference.

Otherwise most of them are more like a finishing move than proper dps (the clone is funny tho).

decree of light is just insane sometime, i can reach 7k regen if i take a critical strike, pretty fucking insane

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info