[2.2] Pathfinder Crit Oro's Flicker, Medium Budget, 500k+

Hello everyone,
I hope you'll enjoy this build as I do, and if you are here just to learn mechanic or watch the concept video, I wish you a good one.

Videos:
Atziri run
T14 Twinned Palace
T11 Ele Reflect mod
T15 Abyss

Introduction:
I'll keep this guide simple, i know that you are not here for some wall of text.

So I always loved Oro's and flicker strike and i wanted to make it playable on high level maps. I know there a lot of Oro's builds but none of them was appealing to me in terms of survivability/deeps or atziri viability. This is my take on the popular Oro's Sacrifice build.

Here is an old oro's build non crit version feat. soulthirst unique
Old version
Videos
T15 Abyss
T13 Wasteland
T12 Village ruin

For whom is this build intended?
Anyone who is borred of casual builds and has no idea what to do with 50ex but can't afford headhunter. If you want decent Clear speed - lvl 93 after several volcanos exp/hour 60m.
It is a cookie cutter, kill or be killed type of build, interestingly started build on lvl 90 (old ranger) and to lvl 93 - run hundreds of t9-t11 only one death from DD box

Passive tree:

Gear:
Oro's duh
Life chest with possible 6l, Kaom's ;-(
Helm: Devoto's more attack speed/movement speed, Scold's Meta this league (nerfed in the next)
Gloves and boots: resist life movement speed/attack speed, rares
Jewelry: rare amu
the taming/emberwake combo if you can afford or mokou's with rare
Belt: Soulthirst obviously (as low flask duration reduction as possible)

And most important part FLASKS:
Life flask - seething panic button
Ruby - reflect, required 40% duration
Suplphur - 40% dmg with flask effect like 60-70% OP, 40% duration req or The sorrow (ZO doesn't matter cause of Vaal pact)
Basalt - awesome phys mitigation, at least 30% duration
Silver - onslaught why not, also 30% duration
Sufixes we need bleed immunity, freeze immunity and movement speed
Flask total duration 8,5s ish enough for 100% uptime

how it looks like?

Links:
6l/5l Oro's flicker-Multistrike-fire pen-wed-melee splash-/faster attacks
6l/5l chest vms-fire pen-conc-duration-leech-/chance to ignite
4l cwdt setup+golem or portal
4l leap slam setup
4l enlighten-flammability-blasphemy-anger

Deeps?
On Image bellow you see fire damage per hit but we "penetrate" 56% so dps is like 7,5k*12=100k+100k*0,56= 156k + reduced resist from flammability
vs bosses i have no idea emberwake+taming+vms make it almost impossible to caunt, professional guess 500-800k
Flasks and frenzy charges without souls

Bandits:
life-skill-frenzy

Jewels:

What to do?
Atziri? hell no!
Any map tier without elemental status immunity, Ele reflect and blood magic hell yeah!
Party? Nope sorry uncontrollable flickering, your mates gonna hate you.

For whom is this build intended?
Anyone who is borred of casual builds and has no idea what to do with 20ex. If you want OP Clear speed - lvl 93 after several volcanos exp/hour 60m.

Passive tree & Class discusion:
There are two classes avaible for this build namely Ascendant (Zerkass) and pathfinder. You could potentially make it working with raider with corrupted darkray vectors but thats too hipster imo.
Both Pathfinder and Zerkass are very similar: Pathfinder has 10% penetration, zerk 10% more dmg; Ass 1% base crit, pathfinder attack speed/dmg; Pathfinder flask effect for utility flask defence, zerk 5% more dmg taken but 1.5% leech.
My personal choice Pathfinder

Tree:
Firstly head to duelist area and take the Oro's popular fireborn cluster
Mana and life leech together with vaal pact allows us to ignore Reflect and blood magic gem.
Next take all the frenzy charges -> increased attack speed for flicker. Take some crit on the way and Acrobatics because reflect!
Link to passive tree atm:

Bandits?
Oak - life, Passive point, kraityn - Frenzy charge

Gear:
Unique Requirements:
Gloves facebreakers
Oro's Duh
Kaom's chest :-)

Helm: There are two options here:
Rat's nest - obvious choice, there is nothing wrong with this helm but it just can't even compare to 2nd option
Three Dragons - IMO very underrated helm, awesome 90% resist and allows our Massive crit fire dmg to shock -> 50% MORE total dmg, you need to pair this helm with added cold damage to attacks on rings or amu to get ignite working but it's totaly worth it. Shock stacks most bosses ingame

boots: resist life movement speed, attributes
Jewelry: Rare diamond ring and strength/int amu with:
Life>Crit multi>Wed>Acc>Fire dmg add
and don't forget to cap resist and meet req attributes
Belt: Rare strength base

And most important part FLASKS:
Life flask - seething panic button
Ruby - reflect, Diamond, Basalt - awesome phys mitigation, Silver - onslaught why not
Prefix - Duration "Experimenter's"
Sufixes we need bleed immunity, freeze immunity and movement speed
Flask total duration 10s ish enough for 100% uptime

how it looks like?

¨

Links:
6l/5l Oro's flicker-Multistrike-fire pen-wed-Critical strikes-/melee splash
4l cwdt setup + Vaal haste
4l leap slam setup + Arctic armour
4l enlighten - assassin - blasphemy - purity of fire

Crit? Deeps?
How is Crit Oro's even possible you might ask. Well we have Critical strikes gem which now has 1.9% additional base crit (6.9), combine it with some crit here and there and you have 65% crit chance. 65% crit that sucks right? so here comes Diamond flask: (1-0.65)*(1-0.65) = 0.12 = 88% crit chance!
combine it with 92% chance to hit and you are good to go.

Deeps!
Since we are full fire we can use fire pen gem. Penetration (gem 38, tree 6, class 10 = 54%) with 54% penetration maximum enemy resist is only 75-54 = 21% against our attack.
Stats

dps calc:
Since the stats above doesn't caunt diamond flask, here is full flicker strike dps calculation:
accuracy*(avg damage*chance of non crit + avg dmg*chance of crit*crit multi)*shock*dmg penetration*attack speed
0.92*(5906*0.1287+5906*0.8713*4.49)*1.5*1.54*10.99 = 557394 DPS
Thats for flicker vs 0% resist monster without vaal haste (charges and flasks have 100% uptime)
For example vs monster with 75% resist 332600 DPS

Also i want to add i'm using arctic armour/ruby flask/purity and leech with vaal pact so i'm full ele reflect proof. If you used anger instead of purity and arctic armour you get about 17% more dmg.

Jewels:

Any problematic Map mods?
Yep, firstly immunity to elemental status (60% resist is just fine)
Next we have 60% less mana regen (very annoying, better with mana flask, no regen is just fine cause it doesn't slow leech)
no Leech (who's idea was this omg)
Blood magic
Elemental reflect (doable proof in video section, but you are hurting yourself doing that)
Everything else if just fine
Last edited by Proximi on May 18, 2016, 3:10:07 PM
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2016, 7:52:41 PM
Last edited by Proximi on May 16, 2016, 5:51:55 AM
Arcitc armour only provides it's dmg reduction when you are standing still. Does flickering count as standing still?
"
Arcitc armour only provides it's dmg reduction when you are standing still. Does flickering count as standing still?

source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/274331/page/67

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Anything that teleports you (Flicker Strike, Lightning Warp, Flame Dash, etc) has no interaction with "while moving" effects because teleportation is instant. There is no point in time during which you are moving - you go from being at point A to being at point B with no time between the two.

So yes arctic armour works with flicker strike when you attack -> reflect and such
http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwUAAdwClgSzBS0GIAaiB3UIsRGBFCAUdRfcGF0Y2xo4IVUhYCP2JP0nLyyFMHEwfDH7Mok1kjfUOkI62DrhPC0+zz/8QKBGt0d+SphLeE2STeNRR1b6V+JZ81oaXhNfP2OnZU1vO3KpdKB07XTxd9d343fleA14enloeu9/K3/jgpuDX4PMhNmE74dqi4yNfY2/kFWSbpJ9lFyYb5x7ogCmV6knqW6plKyqrfG18rc+vFa9Nr3mvqfAGsBmwKbBBMT2xq7MZtJ802/UI9i92sHcI9w93UbdqOFz5c/nVOhm7SDtP+1h7w7wH/Gv9zL53f4K/o//3g==

Hey man, interresting build, wouldnt this templar tree be better? we dont need penetration at all with inquisitor( if we get enough crit) so we can drop fire penetration too, it opens a gem slot and it has 10% More damage( ennemies take 10% increased damage)
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 17, 2016, 2:11:19 AM
"
Geisalt wrote:
http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwUAAdwClgSzBS0GIAaiB3UIsRGBFCAUdRfcGF0Y2xo4IVUhYCP2JP0nLyyFMHEwfDH7Mok1kjfUOkI62DrhPC0+zz/8QKBGt0d+SphLeE2STeNRR1b6V+JZ81oaXhNfP2OnZU1vO3KpdKB07XTxd9d343fleA14enloeu9/K3/jgpuDX4PMhNmE74dqi4yNfY2/kFWSbpJ9lFyYb5x7ogCmV6knqW6plKyqrfG18rc+vFa9Nr3mvqfAGsBmwKbBBMT2xq7MZtJ802/UI9i92sHcI9w93UbdqOFz5c/nVOhm7SDtP+1h7w7wH/Gv9zL53f4K/o//3g==

Hey man, interresting build, wouldnt this templar tree be better? we dont need penetration at all with inquisitor( if we get enough crit) so we can drop fire penetration too, it opens a gem slot and it has 10% More damage( ennemies take 10% increased damage)

Your tree will definitely work, just one thing i would be worried about - reflect. Oro's does insane single hit damage (its base damage almost equals to mirrored rares after all) with crit it's way higher then resolute oro's (you might one shot yourself).
you need one of these things: vaal pact, legacy vinktars or acuity.
7 points in accuracy is too much imo (more then 2.5k is not that beneficial). i would drop 5 there and forces of nature (3 points ranger area - not efficient for inquisitor)

i would use those points in amplify (templar aoe - perfect for melee splash might boost your clear speed) and vaal pact or vaal pact + jewel socket there.
i looked at your gear, i think instead of anger - warlord mark which will solve your mana issues + leech for vaal pact. Also instead of crit damage gem - faster attacks less but faster dmg less chance of one shot on reflect

pathfinder vs inquisitor:

pathfinder
- better vs reflect (flask effect - ruby)
- more attack speed
- better sustain flasks (duration, flask on crit)

inquisitor
- no need for pen - i would swap for attack speed gem - then aps on par with pathfinder
- more damage (reflect?)
- way better vs red map bosses and fire resistance map mods
Last edited by Proximi on May 18, 2016, 3:36:47 PM
Hi, i dont know what you seen but i was remaking the character, so i have tested things , what it works, what it fails.

forces of nature grants 40% inc for 3 nodes, it's 13.34% per node so still decent.
I dont have mana issues, never !

for the faster attack gem, it's already what i choose. and also

The dps output is a bit lower, inc crit mult was awesome but the reflec gorgeous too.

It's perfect with diamond flask + ruby flask, 90% crit chance (diamond) and 94% chance to hit is quite good for the templar Inevitable judgement. It reduces the crit mult compared to your version so i take less damage on reflect too, but because of the inevitable judgment it needs higher chance to crit to be efficient ( no crit damages cant penetrate so they deal very low damage)

The accuracy nodes give attack speed and crit chance too, i took them because they are good, really. Well we can drop versatilty for 2 life nodes, i wasnt sure about the total accuracy when i made the tree from scratch. Still great if we need 20 int.

However reflect is still a pain in the ass without vaal pact, yeah vinktar leg is a solution but i prefer 3 dragon for the fun. So atziri's acuity + atziri's promise leech is the real solution, and i could swap my int ring for something else!

10% inc aoe will not make a difference on the radius of melee splash. Well it would give 1 radius only :/ for me it doesnt worth 2 nodes

Flasks are permanently full because of the kill speed , it's ok.
I like the fact that i reach 520K dps against bosses

Anyway, i prefer my flicker 2h physical poison crit 2M /4M+ with vaal lightning trap dps is funnier :P
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 19, 2016, 4:15:29 AM
chaos poison is too much meta for me but yeah it's a meta for a reason. you should play the hell out of that build. It is likely that in next few weeks it get hit by nerf hammer..

I remember last time i was running flicker strike (1.2 with coe and shavs). The common knowledge back then was that more than 90% acc isn't that useful. But i see your point with templar that crit is more important than it used to be.
Last edited by Proximi on May 19, 2016, 12:29:15 PM
good build

two questions, where is the best place to put the fireborn jewel?
also, how would you suggest to level before i get to level 67 for the ORO's
Last edited by fakabaka on Jun 14, 2016, 3:39:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info