fps spikes / stuttering

i never had a stuttering free expirience so far but atleast the game was playable in softcore for me.
after my upgrade from win7 to win10 it got worse. i could handle it with lowering graphics and playing around with CCC:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1285940

yesterday i reinstalled the game (same settings as before) and its pretty much unplayable now. my game is spiking from 59-63 (vsync on) or 143-167 to 0 every few seconds, especially in combat or even standing still.

i have a mtr report, it looks like there is some packet loss going on:

http://pastebin.com/yNddPD9x

i'll provide more information if required otherwise any ideas would be well appreciated.

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
CPU - i5-3470 3.20 Ghz
OS - Windows 10 Pro
RAM - 8 GB
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2016, 11:10:48 AM
there is massive paket loss between two servers belonging to deutsche telekom (217.239.42.221 and 80.156.162.62). it's outside ggg's providers network.

drosselkom strikes again, lol. try to file a complain there.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
there is massive paket loss between two servers belonging to deutsche telekom (217.239.42.221 and 80.156.162.62). it's outside ggg's providers network.

drosselkom strikes again, lol. try to file a complain there.

That hop is not relevant is it? That loss does not show up at the destination...

This is more likely a GPU driver or driver settings issue if you ask me...
Last edited by Startkabels on Apr 8, 2016, 8:09:59 AM
thanks a lot for your fast reply. i´ll give it a try, i really hope thats the main problem here.
it´s still weird... why is it so much worse after reinstalling the game...
It won't help, your connection is fine actually...

I would recommend first removing your GPU driver with this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then reinstall the driver and configure the driver and game settings for optimal performance...
Last edited by Startkabels on Apr 8, 2016, 8:12:02 AM
i tried that with AMD CleanUninstall Utility, is there a big difference?
Not familiar with that one...
uninstalling with DDU didn´t change anything. actually changing ingame grafic options doesn´t change anything. i still get huge fps drops/spikes from 59 to 120-0 (vsync on), especially near perandus mobs.
before reinstalling poe perandus mobs didn´t affect my fps. i just had those frequent drops/spikes.
Last edited by xan7530 on Apr 8, 2016, 9:12:19 AM
This is the reason why I stopped with PoE. Had exactly same problem. One year ago with my old graphic card, now too, with my new card.

Tried all solutions I found on the internet/forums, got FPS drops (and sometimes latency spikes) while entering a new area, fighting big packs or after opening a strongbox..

It's really annoying. There were tons of forum topics about this 2-3 years ago. They are still here.

I was playing some fancy CoC builds, which should lag like hell. Also played easy builds that got almost no animations. Was suffering from fps drops/latency on all of those characters.

PS: My internet connection is fine, didn't have any latency problems in last 5 years in any other game. Just here.. WinMTR log here ->

Spoiler

Last edited by belquerst on Apr 8, 2016, 5:03:56 PM
i had hope...
this league ggg made a lot of improvements and i really want to enjoy that. but now i can´t do rare t1 maps, sometimes not even blue ones. i pretty much bought my currency stash tab for nothing.
maybe there will be some improvements next year but i´m lossing my hope since nothing really helped me in past 3 years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info