2.2 The Bloodsplosion Gladiator "Spectral Blow" Atziti Viable, Steam Controller Viable

It seems like Earthquake work better with this build damage wise, can i use earth quake instead of ST? and have ST as a 4 link instead and EQ as 6? if so what should i link with EQ?

~sorry if this is a dumb question~
Last edited by LooseTheUltimateGoose on Apr 12, 2016, 10:21:12 AM
Agree with @Shaileen : Leveling with ST was not that good, but possible.
Especially the transition at 70 to Rive was frustrating, no dmg increase & slow clearspeed.

But all the hassle was worth. Absolutely awesome once you reach lvl 75 for Disfavour.

Fortunately i got a really nice +1 curse ammy and now with 2 curses blasphemy in Disfavour i melt everything in maps. Fantastic !

Thanks for sharing your build !
Last edited by Maggsi on Apr 11, 2016, 11:01:33 PM
In your original video - why do you link Pierce to ST? I thought ST wasn't affected by pierce. What does it do?
"
iRydog wrote:
In your original video - why do you link Pierce to ST? I thought ST wasn't affected by pierce. What does it do?

From the guide: "Pierce for the % more damage"

It has a more multiplier and is solely there for damage because there aren't really any other support gems that would fit. I think this question was answered about 4 times in this thread.

Edit: Nevermind, only once. Guess I counted the questions about it in the reddit thread in my head too. :[
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Last edited by Shaileen on Apr 12, 2016, 3:46:42 PM
Ok, so I was determined to make this build work without having Atziri's Disfavour, so I slightly modified it. While using Marohi (or simply any high damage weapon - well rolled Kongor's or a good rare 2h) I have a 41% chance to bleed on attack. I'm not entirely sure if the 3 attacks with Flicker - multistrike count as separate attacks, but usally 50-75% enemies of one pack will be bleeding and exploding. Main attack skill is Flicker and single-target EQ.

Because I'm not really focusing on the bleed I chose to only run one curse (Vulnerability on blasphemy) and Herald of Ash for improved damage and aoe-clear and Arctic Armour as defense when I need to stop and use Earthquake.

I altered the skilltree a bit, skipping Mana Flows (don't really need it) and the curse improvements while getting a bit more life (Barbarism cluster below RT) and a few mace damage nodes (Bone Breaker). I'm not really sure if I should take Skull Cracking, which gives Culling Strike on Stun because of the Herald of Ash and rather having the overkill explosion. And I think IR is extremely important.
I also chose the 25% frenzy charge on kill in the ascendancy tree because especially on higher health mobs I occasionally had problems sustaining them with Blood Rage alone - and frenzy charges are very important for flicker, giving an additional 10% attack speed each.

A variation I have yet to test would be completely skipping the life/mana leech cluster, take Mana Flows and invest the 3 saved points elsewhere. I have 0.6% of life leech on the Daresso and 0.4 mana leech on the gloves which I think should be sufficient. One could take the mace leech/phys nodes southwest of the duelist area or the Devotion hp nodes west of templar.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHnBLMFLQd1CZYLYQ5DFCAUTRXsGJEY2xpVIVUhYCcgKaUs-y0wLiMxnjWSNug5DjrhOzs8BTwtPQBAoEMxRalHfkz_TeNQR1HmU7tYr1qfXhNfP2EhZU1mtmjybNhvJ287cql07XTxdqx3U3gNeWh673zZgZuDX4PMhNmE74cph2qKIorwkGyXeZpqnsWiAKZXqSepbqmUrY2vbLXytz65HbuevJ-9Nr54vqe_1cAawGbApsEExBXEgsT2xq7KkM1fz37WWNi92sHcPeCf5FHpRuoY7dfvDu988B_yRfcy_Ev-Cv6P

I chose Daresso's Defiance as breast for the occasional Onslaught and for easy Endurance Charge Duration. Added defense is a Stone Golem and CWDT-IC-inc Duration. The char is currently at 190% for all resistances, so there's place for a unique somewhere, I just didn't have a great idea yet. Maybe an Abyssus, Thunderfist, Kaom's Root? Lots of possibilities.

Spoiler

It works pretty good imo, with my shitty selffound gear I'm clearing maps up to T10 without problem, even did a crema double Merveil with Enfeeble/more mob HP with relative ease. It's a great budget version for people who don't have a Disfavour, and it certainly trumps the Rive/Bino ST combo.

The only weak point is the defense, it really isn't the safest char, and you'll get into trouble if you stop flickering and there are still mobs left or god forbid something stuns you out of the flickerstrike.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Shaileen wrote:
"
iRydog wrote:

From the guide: "Pierce for the % more damage"

It has a more multiplier and is solely there for damage because there aren't really any other support gems that would fit. I think this question was answered about 4 times in this thread.

Edit: Nevermind, only once. Guess I counted the questions about it in the reddit thread in my head too. :[

Thanks!

I'm enjoying the build so far, but I think if I knew more about levelling properly it would be a lot more fun - kinda just yolo'ing the passive tree at the moment. Can't wait for late game!
Lvl 90 now and i'm enjoying this build more and more :) Playing ST version.

Devourers pop up in super slomo - thats so amazing *large grin on the face*

Btw with this build this my first char with 0 deaths.
I'm really not a HC player ( playing always softcore ) so it seems perfect HC viable.
Last edited by Maggsi on Apr 14, 2016, 11:00:54 AM
You've really made a good build here, so fun to play. And the fact that you can just switch skills if getting tired of ST etc. is just even better.

Good job!

But I dont seem to see why you find flicker strike so op? When I make a setup with flicker, it doesn't seem to be crazy good, it clears, but not fast enough compared to ST.
Last edited by DrJeZip on Apr 14, 2016, 6:05:18 PM
Hey, love the build I just did a quick recording of using flicker strike without a disfavour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmJz1SYZEw&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by BrEeZy1 on Apr 22, 2016, 12:03:16 AM
This build is awesome - finally a ST build that can do high maps fast and easy without spending 100ex+++ :)

Iam so in love with ST - so i want to push it to the limits - was wondering if you tried knockback/flee with ST against ranged mobs? or is there any other usefull 6 link for ST?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info