"
guidoo wrote:
"
Shogen wrote:
"
guidoo wrote:
Because this is not diablo.

POE needs to fill the shoes of diablo.

It doesn't. If you want to play diablo you can...I don't know...play diablo? It doesn't need to be 'what d3 should have been' or any of that nonsense.

Then why make POE if not inspired by D,D2? ^^ I think you may not have played Diablo so that's why you sound vanilla. POE followed most of the foundation mechanics of D2 from layout style, mappings, town acts to presentation etc and with some twist/originality of their own.

D2 mercs were insane by being able to stack auras/tank/dps, kinda part of the contributing fun and D3 is a complete flop.

Besides, POE was used to attract many ARPG/diablo players over to their side using familiarity and successful recipes of D2.

Seasoned players will not bother to be here if not for the "diablo" feel in the first place.

They can make a different feel ARPG but it could have turned out differently, maybe less or more successful. who knows.
Last edited by Shogen on Feb 18, 2013, 1:27:07 PM
Just because they took inspiration from D2 doesn't mean they have to imitate every single mechanic. There's already a game like that, and it's D2. Most of the mechanics you named are standard to any ARPG, and just because D2 might have introduced them first it doesn't necessarily imply that they are taking inspiration straight from it.
It's a different game, with a different setting and story, just because some of the mechanics where inspired by D2 doesn't mean that the game needs to fill the shoes of it. And even then, it already has. You'd be playing D2 instead if it wasn't that way.
"
Invalesco wrote:
wait... you mean there aren't mercenaries for hire?

I could have sworn there were..

after all, I always see posts in trade forums and even some in general discussion with stuff like "Selling Piety/Vaal kills" or "I will rush your character for orbs"

Who needs AI mercenaries when you have RL ones!

That wouldn't be that fun because mercs in RL is expensive, and AI mercs follow you 24/7. Cheaper and more obedient + an additional companion feel with pets and minions. :D
Last edited by Shogen on Feb 18, 2013, 1:49:29 PM
"
guidoo wrote:
Just because they took inspiration from D2 doesn't mean they have to imitate every single mechanic. There's already a game like that, and it's D2. Most of the mechanics you named are standard to any ARPG, and just because D2 might have introduced them first it doesn't necessarily imply that they are taking inspiration straight from it.
It's a different game, with a different setting and story, just because some of the mechanics where inspired by D2 doesn't mean that the game needs to fill the shoes of it. And even then, it already has. You'd be playing D2 instead if it wasn't that way.

yea, Diablo is kinda retired though so I do wish to see an improved yet full refreshed version. Like you said, story is different. But mechanics are the same. If you are already here, then go for it all the way. I am definitely not the first to request for this feature but doing a forum search and you see tons of players reminiscing for that. That speaks abit.

Don't be half and half here and there, like D3 or in recent game trends, it gets so annoying,
Last edited by Shogen on Feb 18, 2013, 1:44:44 PM
This game will never be all that it could be until it has mercenaries and an auction house.
Has nothing to do with other games. Just obvious] needs.

nobody needs a ******** auction house...
ign: AdmiralThrawnx (Ons), Diavolixxx/Leavemealoneplx (HC)
UM THIS DOES HAVE AN AUCTION HOUSE ITS CALLED POE.TRADE AS WELL AS FORUM SHOPS THAT POE.TRADE SIMPLY HELPS YOU LOOK FOR THE ITEMS YOU DESIRE THEN YOU WHISPER A PLAYER TO MAKE THE TRADE :D

PS. SORRY FOR NECROING THIS THREAD
Last edited by alkire on Oct 22, 2015, 6:21:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info