[2.4]Crit Storm Call Inquisitor build for high-tier maps (pre-nerf Core cleared) Life/CI

"
godng wrote:
Since Fireball its getting buffed, Do you thinkit would work with it? Any thoughts about it ?
thx.

I have no idea, i dislike the mechanics of fireball, not only the damage. You also don't shock and freeze with it as inquisitor.

"
Anavels wrote:
Do i have to use orbs of storm? Can i replace it with somethin else?

It's by far the best option for power charge generation unless you have skyforth as the CI build. It also freezes and shocks before the stormcalls actually hit which is nice.
Looks great, been wanting to play a storm call build for a long time already. Definitely going to try this.
"
Yrex wrote:
"
godng wrote:
Since Fireball its getting buffed, Do you thinkit would work with it? Any thoughts about it ?
thx.

I have no idea, i dislike the mechanics of fireball, not only the damage. You also don't shock and freeze with it as inquisitor.

"
Anavels wrote:
Do i have to use orbs of storm? Can i replace it with somethin else?

It's by far the best option for power charge generation unless you have skyforth as the CI build. It also freezes and shocks before the stormcalls actually hit which is nice.

Do i have to use it every 10 sec? Or can i use it when i want to?
darn.. reflect again. if you can't do reflect you can't do a lot of maps, you can't do atziri, and therefore some of the most important end game content is off limits.
This build could actually work really well as lowlife if you were both level 100 and rich. With bows now being the best caster weapon theoretically thanks to cast speed essence giving more cast speed on a plus 3 to lightning skills bow than on a staff, you get an extra six link in your chest (you can also run either the rearguard quiver for block, spell block, and armor, or the energy shield quiver for faster regen start and some extra sheild). With skyforths, conquererors efficiency, 34% mana reservation reduction from the skill tree, 7% mana reservation reduction as an essence suffix on the helmet, and a plus 1 to all socketed gems shav's you could run the 6 link of lvl 4 enlighten, lvl 21 blood magic, wrath, blasphemy, warlords mark, and something like temp chains (need a plus 1 curse amulet for this), reserving 99% of your life pool. Then you could run discipline, both heralds, and purity of ice and lightning (preferably with the purities and discipline in a plus 1 to gems glove or boot link), reserving 80% of your mana. Having a bow also allows the use of blink arrow, which is both an activator for the cast speed ascendancy and a mini decoy totem. The purities, combined with aura efficacy from the skill tree, would make reflect much more manageable for a lowlife char, as well as make gearing for resists on your rares easier and let you make use of the powerful essence affixes.

This would, realistically, never happen because you'd need perfect gems, corruptions, mirror worthy rares in the weapon and helmet slot, and a level 100 character. Still interesting though.

Skill tree:

Aura calculator

Edit: Well nevermind about that, they nerfed the loathing essence for mana reserve and made essences not work with master mods so I guess void battery is still the best weapon short of mirrored wands.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
Last edited by cpurdy777 on Sep 26, 2016, 6:57:21 AM
what about this build in a shadow/assasin ?
it will work? what do u think ?
nice build !
Love your build! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm attempting to play a variant using the Elementalist class -- idea being a trade off of less damage in return for help with the builds greatest weakness (50% less dmg taken from reflect).
I am honestly not sure how much weaker it will be, it might be worth it to run Cold Penetration in place of Innervate to help with pesky 'resists elemental' packs -- but the cold/lightning golem combo should synergize well, and pendulum of destruction gives a nice 25% area radius bonus (40% of the time ^^).

Is there any reason the build shouldn't work as an Elementalist? I might be missing something (Note that i play hardcore essence league).

Cheers.
Last edited by Theaisa on Sep 20, 2016, 9:22:57 PM
hey guys. is someone playing it on Essence and kill Shaper/guardians with it?
wrong msg here
Last edited by almazn2015 on Sep 25, 2016, 5:11:26 PM
I started off with the build in the new league but playing it 3 leagues in a row didn't really cut it for me so I actually re-rolled which means I can't really say how well the build handles the new bosses. However Mathil did make an extremely similar version with some slight modifications if you want to see it in action against the guardians, he talks a lot about the build in general as well, great watch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info