[2.4]Crit Storm Call Inquisitor build for high-tier maps (pre-nerf Core cleared) Life/CI

What jewels do you run with on the CI build
"
What do u think of Increased critical strike damage instead of conc effect? I think its a decent replacement
Conc is quite a bit more damage and the only time it should be used is bosses, on normal whites/blues/rares the damage isn't that important and only causes dangers vs reflect. I don't think the crit multi gem is better in any situation since inc aoe/innvervate is to prefer on non-boss and conc is better on bosses.

"
What jewels do you run with on the CI build
Here are some of mine and a good guideline on how they should look:

And ofc,
in the slot by Melding. This can be replaced by another good rare one for a loss of roughly 450ES but a gain of 30+ crit multi, personal preference.
Last edited by Yrex on Jul 13, 2016, 11:58:20 AM
Conc is 40% more damage. Crit multi get you approximately 100% additional multi. I dont see one might be better than another (Assuming the crit chance is high enough > 75 80%)

Can you enlighten me? I'm still kinda new :D
"
Conc is 40% more damage. Crit multi get you approximately 100% additional multi. I dont see one might be better than another (Assuming the crit chance is high enough > 75 80%)

Can you enlighten me? I'm still kinda new :D

I'll try to explain, let's say I have an ability that hits for 10k and we have 500% Crit multiplier without the gem.
We crit without either of the gems: 50k.
We crit with the crit multiplier gem for 60k since we have 600% multi instead.
We crit with the Conc effect gem for almost 80k ((10*1,59)*5).
This is assuming you always crit and not doing enfeeble/reduced crit maps which both reduces effectiveness of crit multi.
Also, conc effect is 59% More at lv20:

Edit: Actual numbers on my CI char, 454 crit multi:
4,7k average hit non-crit.
21k average crit neither gem.
26k average crit with crit multi gem at lv20.
34k average crit with conc effect gem at lv20.

Last edited by Yrex on Jul 14, 2016, 7:25:21 AM
First of all, thanks very much OP for this build. I've been playing the life version this season and it's been fantastic and a lot of fun. I have tried to modify your build as I've been playing, trying to incorporate things such as Wrath, going without life leech or innervate, and your build always works better than the changes I try to make. So really, kudos to you for doing such a thorough job with this build.

I have some questions, though. One item I haven't been able to ditch is my facebreakers. For a build that relies on crit multi, how come you don't use them in your build? Also, I'm starting to reach the end game now and looking for upgrades. If I were to ditch my facebreakers for atziri's acuity as you suggest for end game, how would this modify the skills in the passive tree?

I assume we would ditch Vaal Pact and free up a few extra points leading up to it. What would you add with those points free'd up? Again keep in mind I'm using the life version of the build.

Would appreciate any suggestions, and thanks again for the build!
"
Mopstah wrote:
Spoiler
First of all, thanks very much OP for this build. I've been playing the life version this season and it's been fantastic and a lot of fun. I have tried to modify your build as I've been playing, trying to incorporate things such as Wrath, going without life leech or innervate, and your build always works better than the changes I try to make. So really, kudos to you for doing such a thorough job with this build.

I have some questions, though. One item I haven't been able to ditch is my facebreakers. For a build that relies on crit multi, how come you don't use them in your build? Also, I'm starting to reach the end game now and looking for upgrades. If I were to ditch my facebreakers for atziri's acuity as you suggest for end game, how would this modify the skills in the passive tree?

I assume we would ditch Vaal Pact and free up a few extra points leading up to it. What would you add with those points free'd up? Again keep in mind I'm using the life version of the build.

Would appreciate any suggestions, and thanks again for the build!

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying it!
Facebreakers are certainly a very good option that you can use for a long time, and probably should use for a long time. When to replace them is imo when you have all of the jewels and good 2-3 crit multi rolls on all of them since jewels are almost the only source of crit multi the build has. I should probably add to the post that facebreakers are a very good budget alternative, until gems are good enough and a pair with huge life/acuity can replace them.

In terms of acuity I actually haven't been able to play around with a pair so I can't give any tips from experience, but I'd probably drop the 6 points after Coordination, and use those on:
1. Flask nodes by witch
2. The crit multi nodes by doom cast
3. Pick up the last power charge if that hasn't been done
4. Change pathing slightly in the top left and get the jewel behind the elemental nodes
5. Get the Melding cluster
Those are the good alternatives that I can think of, they obviously depend on your level since you might have some of those already.
Thanks for the quick reply and the tips! Much appreciated.

After getting my hands on an acuity over the weekend, I noticed a BIG increase in armor and survivability. It really helps a lot and was a good end-game option. I already had some of the skill nodes you suggested, but I did do the re-pathing in the top left which allowed me to get that 6th jewel node back, so thanks for that suggestion! I'll work on getting the witch flask nodes next chance I get.

With the re-pathing done in the top left, it's so tempting to spend 4 skill points now and get a second curse! Do you think this is a good idea? I can ditch 2/4 of the life/chaos resistance nodes (ditch 2 small ones, seems like good value) and another 2 life nodes to pickup that second curse, and replace the life nodes ASAP after that. Do you think it's worth it? My amulet currently has +1 max all res, and its a fantastic amulet, so getting the curse there isn't an option right now.

Even if not worth trading off life nodes, I may spend my next points getting there as I level, and in that case, which curse do you think would benefit the build most? Right now I'm thinking either enfeeble or assassin's mark, for more defense or offense, respectively. Temporal chains is another option but I think the other 2 options would provide more value.

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this :) Thanks again for the info!
"
Mopstah wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the quick reply and the tips! Much appreciated.

After getting my hands on an acuity over the weekend, I noticed a BIG increase in armor and survivability. It really helps a lot and was a good end-game option. I already had some of the skill nodes you suggested, but I did do the re-pathing in the top left which allowed me to get that 6th jewel node back, so thanks for that suggestion! I'll work on getting the witch flask nodes next chance I get.

With the re-pathing done in the top left, it's so tempting to spend 4 skill points now and get a second curse! Do you think this is a good idea? I can ditch 2/4 of the life/chaos resistance nodes (ditch 2 small ones, seems like good value) and another 2 life nodes to pickup that second curse, and replace the life nodes ASAP after that. Do you think it's worth it? My amulet currently has +1 max all res, and its a fantastic amulet, so getting the curse there isn't an option right now.

Even if not worth trading off life nodes, I may spend my next points getting there as I level, and in that case, which curse do you think would benefit the build most? Right now I'm thinking either enfeeble or assassin's mark, for more defense or offense, respectively. Temporal chains is another option but I think the other 2 options would provide more value.

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this :) Thanks again for the info!

Getting the 2nd curse is no doubt a very good option which I overlooked when looking at where points can be spent. I'd certainly consider dropping the 2 small life nodes you mention but probably not any more than that and just get the last 2 from levels or removing them elsewhere for a small damage loss.
When it comes to what curse to run I'd probably stay away from Assassin's mark since the one-shot suicide to reflect becomes very likely. Between Temp Chains and Enfeeble I'd say it's very much personal preference, maybe try both and see which you prefer.
Since I've not had the chance to try the build with Acuity; How does mana feel? Constantly full? Are you running clarity or something else?
Thanks again for the reply.

Mana feels surprisingly good. I’m running herald of ice, herald of thunder, and purity of lightning, so I only have a very small amount of mana to work with, but it’s always full or quickly regenerating. Not using clarity. I’m using one warlord’s mark linked to herald of thunder and curse on hit, as well as a mana leech gem in with my orb of storms as per your build. In hexproof or no regen maps, I just have to be really diligent with dropping the orb all the time. No regen I find more annoying than hexproof as it really tests my commitment to dropping an orb at every pack, lol. Generally there are a few moments where I hear my Templar yell at me that I have no mana to cast, but those are rare and usually due to my mistake in terms of positioning and not dropping orb of storms when needed. I was worried about mana earlier in this build but I think I’ve hit the sweet spot and gotten used to the gameplay and it’s just fine right now and quite smooth.

Have to say again that getting Acuity was HUGE. My armor pre-acuity was 370 from my belt, with only 4% physical damage reduction. Now I’m around 1100 with 10% reduction, and when I pop Rumi’s it goes up to 4000 armor. I’m level 88 right now and actually just picked up Sanctity which I feel is justifiable now that I have armor to benefit from the 20% increase, and can also benefit from the life regen since dropping Vaal Pact. I also thought this would help me complete my uber trials (something I’ve put off for a while since tanking traps with no armor or life regen is quite annoying). With my old Facebreakers and 6 jewels I was around 650% crit multi which was pretty big. I’m now at 559% which feels like a fantastic tradeoff for the life regen, armor, and +life bonus made possible by dropping Vaal Pact and adding Acuity. Thankfully I found a triple crit multi jewel (Global, Elemental, and Lightning crit multi) that helped also balance off the loss of Facebreakers’ damage.

I think I will follow your advice and drop the 2 small life nodes with chaos res, and then pickup a 2nd curse at 90. I could drop Sanctity and get the curse at 89, but will see how I feel. I’ll give both Temp Chains and Enfeeble a try and see what works best. I really feel like with my current gear this build is end-game worthy (just about to start some real end game content shortly), and it’s pretty hilariously good for PvP too. Did some dueling with a friend of mine last night, swapping in Inc AoE gem for innervate for the duel, I was offscreen RIP’ing him with this MASSIVE AOE and it was pretty satisfying, lol. I also dropped purity of lightning for clarity to ensure I had enough mana to spam cast. Could probably optimize further for PvP but this was my first attempt at it and I didn’t have much time to prepare for it, lol.
Last edited by Mopstah on Jul 19, 2016, 11:39:06 AM
At what currency amount would you consider being enough to run a solid enough CI build that could clear red maps?
i have a few good pieces atm but i need to make the choice to go into CI or life soon

Edit: i decided to go with life im curious how hard it is to get BBBBRR on Carcass Jack
Last edited by SevenAteNine on Jul 23, 2016, 9:26:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info