Ascendancy Concept Art

Thought about whether this type of reply would be useful and am still split about that, as with the art, but here goes ...

Yeah, split ... some of art seems on point with the game's atmosphere, and the rest as if it is part of a different game. For example, the images of Argus seem to fit, while that griffin/snake/gargoyle/spectral winged thing seems out of place. It's certainly possible that I am being narrow minded and missing something, but it just doesn't seem to mesh. Any thoughts about that?

Same with the combination of the 'scales of justice goddess' (not sure of name) seeming to fit well with the overall tone of PoE, while Izaro looks like a cartoonish goof ... a shrunken head/skull clown with armour.

It just seems like some aspects of these art pieces had a singular vision which worked well and others had a collaboration of visions that didn't come together well. I'm all but certain that doesn't translate accurately to what really happened, but looking at the background images as I type this, I can't help but wonder.

Anyway, thanks for the great game and overall work, interested to see how it develops further!

Cheers

Edit: Grammar
Last edited by MonTerran on Apr 3, 2016, 9:56:53 PM
Very cool. Feels like those images have so much potential in that state it's cool seeing them like that.
Izaro is right, Argus is little
"
GreenDude wrote:
Izaro is one of my favorite bosses both in terms of game design but also aesthetics.

Same here. I love how you never know what to expect on a daily basis, it's just so much more dynamic than the other boss fights.

Thanks for sharing the art Bex. These are great!
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Very nice! Appreciate the showcase GGG.
#NeverGoing90
Realy cool. These are gonna be helpfull for the fan art contest. :)
Would be interesting to see the concept development as it evolved from a more primitive state. Always curious how artists flesh out their art concepts.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Amazing work! Love it. Thanks for sharing GGG :D
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Give us Varunastra 3D art in game, it feels kind of bad to have league specific item but it's not actually visible in your hand...
"
Give us Varunastra 3D art in game, it feels kind of bad to have league specific item but it's not actually visible in your hand...

Agreed the blue sword effect would change things to the better way as shown in the picture.
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info