[2.3] ChaosOrb Trapper ONE HIT UBER ATZIRI! Millions of DPS (with videos)

"
neutraltime wrote:
How would you recommend leveling with this build? What skills and should I be taking health and respeccing into es? Thanks!

To be honest, I would follow the tree as is (focus on getting chaos damage/DoT nodes first) and use Essence Drain and Contagion to level up. You basically use Contagion on a group of mobs and then cast one Essence Drain and everything will die.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Firestorm traps seem kind of... clunky? to use. I definitely prefer ice trap over it. The damage doesn't seem that different either. Magma orb though, thats pretty nice.
Damn son!

I found a shav's at Cadiro yesterday, so it seems like a perfect excuse to give a trapper a go!

I've got a couple of chars that can clear atziri, but nowhere near the speed of this.

Thanks for the guide :)
"
Firestorm traps seem kind of... clunky? to use. I definitely prefer ice trap over it. The damage doesn't seem that different either. Magma orb though, thats pretty nice.

You could easily play this build as ice trap though, since all the nodes would scale it and only a few players have shavs revelation ring which could be swapped for pyre.
Hello a few questions:

any chance that a infernal mantle(maybe +1) + empower + level 21 gem with legacy consuming dark (and the possibility to wear a crafted dagger would be doing much more damger?

why not use increased duration on the firestorm trap? then switch for magma orb / empower for single target?

also if not, why not use the increased trap and mine damage all the time instead of elemental focus?
the more multiplier on the trap damage would apply both to the initial hit than the poison, so it would be stronger? or where am i wrong?
^^I might try your suggestion with the gems ( dont really believe in using infernal mantle) since i have a shavs that is those colors

Nice build OP,
"
Dromidas wrote:

FireStorm will do more damage over time than any IceTrap build (i've already tried multiple variations) You have to remember how the mechanic works with firestorm. Each fire ball that hits the enemy (i.e. uber atziri) will stack a poison. This means that one firestorm can stack multiple poisons stacks at the same time. The game allows you to stack poison indefinitely. Now, when you combine firestorm with cluster traps you can throw out 11 traps in 1 second and you will set off 11 firestorms at the same time. This setup will actually do more damage than MagmaOrb over time. You can't stack nearly enough poison stacks with IceTrap, and so it will do a lot less damage.

To really compare the damage between your setup and this build you will have to fight an enemy that has high res/HP. However, this is really hard because even Uber Atziri drops instantly. Mathematically 11 Firestorms stacking poison will do more damage than anything over time (let's say 5 seconds worth of damage). Go record yourself killing Uber Atziri with your IceTrap build, then record yourself killing Uber Atziri with firestorm (using cluster traps). You'll see the difference.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
"
Dromidas wrote:

FireStorm will do more damage over time than any IceTrap build (i've already tried multiple variations) You have to remember how the mechanic works with firestorm. Each fire ball that hits the enemy (i.e. uber atziri) will stack a poison. This means that one firestorm can stack multiple poisons stacks at the same time. The game allows you to stack poison indefinitely. Now, when you combine firestorm with cluster traps you can throw out 11 traps in 1 second and you will set off 11 firestorms at the same time. This setup will actually do more damage than MagmaOrb over time. You can't stack nearly enough poison stacks with IceTrap, and so it will do a lot less damage.

To really compare the damage between your setup and this build you will have to fight an enemy that has high res/HP. However, this is really hard because even Uber Atziri drops instantly. Mathematically 11 Firestorms stacking poison will do more damage than anything over time (let's say 5 seconds worth of damage). Go record yourself killing Uber Atziri with your IceTrap build, then record yourself killing Uber Atziri with firestorm (using cluster traps). You'll see the difference.

mathematically it just matters the total DPS without considering poison, it's not about the number of stacks, because even an ice trapper with enough trap cooldwon can keep the stacks up all the time

poison doesnt have a base damage, but depends entirely from the first hit, so it doesnt matter if you hit 3 times with 3 damage or 1 time with 9
"
paleguy wrote:
"
"
Dromidas wrote:

mathematically it just matters the total DPS without considering poison, it's not about the number of stacks, because even an ice trapper with enough trap cooldwon can keep the stacks up all the time

poison doesnt have a base damage, but depends entirely from the first hit, so it doesnt matter if you hit 3 times with 3 damage or 1 time with 9

You are not understanding the difference in the mechanics here. An icetrapper will never come close to keeping the poison stacks. We are talking 30 stacks of poison vs. 2-3 on an ice trapper? Both the initial damage AND poison damage matter. This build is all about poison (which is based on the initial hit). Like i said before, i've tried an ice trapper min/maxed, it does NOT do more burst damage (or more damage over time). The only way for you to see yourself which one does more damage (burst, or damage over time) you'll have to do both builds and compare them on UBER Atziri. So instead of trying to argue your point (which is not accurate), go test it out. Again, I've tested BOTH builds out. You can believe what you want but currently it is far from the truth.

I'm not saying don't play the ice trapper. Play it if you have fun with it. My only point is that it won't do as much damage as the chaosstorm/chaosorb build, and thus ChaosStorm/ChaosOrb is far superior than IceTrapper in terms of damage.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Apr 8, 2016, 6:24:15 PM
I am curious about the mechanics though. Why is the number of stacks important since it is based on hit damage? Do stacks add up like power charges where as if you have 10 stacks of poison they all wear off at the same time but also keep increasing rather than wearing out independently?
Or is it more that with +poison/dot damage combined with skill duration it is a multiplicative effect making poison more of a focus than the initial hit?

Also with Ice Trap it's pretty much always 11 stacks of poison on bosses. I have fast enough cooldown and throw speed that I just hold down mouse click and it tosses 11 of them within a second (well 12, but yeah). Ice Trap has pretty good area range so If they are all thrown somewhat close to each other they all overlap.
Last edited by Dromidas on Apr 8, 2016, 6:39:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info