[2.3] ChaosOrb Trapper ONE HIT UBER ATZIRI! Millions of DPS (with videos)

NOTICE:
I've recreated a better version of this build that is Shaper Viable. Please visit this link for the guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740538

Ladies and gents', boys and girls, I'm happy to present the (arguably) highest DPS build Path of Exile has to offer - min-maxed to the max.

Both normal and Uber Atziri die before they even get to finish their spawning animations. And all you need for that to happen is to lay down a couple of traps.
When the damage ramps up, it can easily do more than 10 million DPS - that said, every boss dies in a split second before this can even happen.

This may be hard to believe, so here's the proof.
[spoiler="One-shotting Atziris"]
Killing Uber Atziri in an instant (full run, deathless): Uber Atziri Deletion
Killing Atziri in an instant (full run, deathless): Atziri Deletion[/spoiler]

Without further ado, this is how the build works:

Damage
To achieve incredible damage, this build converts 90% of the fire damage from Magma Orb and Firestorm to chaos damage (Chaos Orb and ChaosStorm), thanks to the Consuming Dark Dagger (legacy = 90% conversion, normal = 60% conversion). The dagger also Poisons on hit, and Poison is the reason why this build does so much damage.
The way you make Poison do monstrous DPS is by using the double-dipping mechanic with the Poison effect.
Trap Damage, Area Damage, Chaos Damage and Projectile Damage all double-dip on your Chaos Orb Trap's Poison damage, while the first three double-dip for ChaosStorm Trap.
This means that there will be an incredible burst damage from Poison immediately after the hit - hence the insta-death of Uber Atziri.

How do they double-dip?

Let's take into example Trap Damage.
Trap Damage will boost the initial hit of your Chaos Orb - which will increase the damage of Poison, since Poison's damage is based on 10% of the initial hit.
But Trap Damage will also boost the damage over time effect of the Poison, because it's applied through a trap-linked spell.
This way, Trap Damage modifiers apply twice to the Poison effect.
This is true for all the above-mentioned modifiers.

On top of all this, the build uses Elemental Overload.
The 40% MORE multiplier to elemental damage applies to the original fire damage of your spell, that then gets converted to chaos damage. As you can see in the videos, you can easily cast Orbs of Storm linked with the Critical Strike Chance gem to make Elemental Overload immediately proc (gem setup below).

Defense
Being Low Life, this build requires Shavronne's Wrappings and a high amount of Energy Shield.
You are able to pick plenty of Energy Shield nodes being in the Shadow-Witch area of the tree.

It also uses Evasion as a secondary defense - mainly given by Grace.
Having two Evasion Flasks with really helps - having Stibnite Flask, Jade Flask and Grace active at the same time brings your evasion to a god-like level.

This build also requires very little casting, just throwing some traps and letting them do the rest. This allows you to move around freely and dodge stuff with Whirling Blades.

On top of all of this, you can sacrifice some damage to choose the Trickster Ascendancy class instead of Saboteur - this will allow you to have much more Evasion and Energy Shield. Although, this build can easily do Uber Atziri and Core Map without going Trickster.

And if that is not enough, you also have Temporal Chains linked with Blasphemy.

Leveling
I would highly recommend leveling using another build to level 70-75 and then switching over to the trap build. I used Essence Drain/Contagion to level to 72 and then I switched over to the trapper setup. The reason why Essence Drain works well with leveling up is because your passive tree will be the same for both builds since you get most of the poison damage nodes.

GEAR AND GEM SETUP
Necessary gear:

These are necessary for the build.
The Shavronne's is necessary because you are Low Life, and the double daggers are necessary to convert all the fire damage to chaos damage.

Besides this, get all the high ES gear you can get your hands on - high ES boots, gloves, helmet, and if you can % ES on your rings and amulet.

[spoiler="Why not use Infernal Mantle with a legacy Consuming Dark Dagger for the 100% conversion?"]
Two reasons:

1- Even while having 75% capped chaos resistance, you still have trouble without Shavronne's being Low Life in Atziri runs, where there's plenty of chaos damage. This has been tested, and it's simply too troublesome to not have Shavronne's.

2- Traps cost a huge amount of mana to cast, and while having the Auras you run, you're constantly at low mana - this means that you're always at risk of taking 100% increased Spell Damage because of the effect of the armour, even if you ditch an Aura. And the last thing you want is taking double damage from spells.[/spoiler]

Regarding the gem setup:

Shavronne's:

6 link -

Switch out

and

with

and
for bosses!

Wither Totem
There are several reasons I use the Whither Totem. First, I use it as a decoy. Many times the enemies/bosses will actually go after the totem instead of me. Second, the totem actually increases my chaos damage and slows enemies down.

(4-link) Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Casting - Increased Duration

Orb Of Storms
Orb of Storms is used to trigger the elemental overlord which will apply 40% MORE multiplier to our damage.

(4-link) Orb of Storms - Increased critical strikes - increased aoe - faster casting

Curses:
Temporal Chains (with blasphemy on Mana)

Auras:
Grace (with Blood Magic)
Discipline (on Mana)

Current gear:

Currently using Shavronne's Revelation for the really nice Energy Shield regen - however, this is absolutely NOT necessary!
Yes, with that ring you can't regen mana, but since we'd be using a mana flask in our flask setup, you can easily keep up your mana with just the flask (as shown in the videos). You can also use a Vaal Clarity gem as a backup if needed.

So, here's the Passive Skill Tree.

Passive Skill Tree

Current level 90 Passive Skill Tree

As you can see, you pick plenty of Energy Shield wheels and DPS nodes.
Nodes like Elemental Overload, Pain Attunement, Antrophy, Fatal Toxins and Master Sapper are the main damage boosters.
Clever Construction is needed so that you won't lose your traps to random damage.
Potency of Will allows Firestorm to last long enough: this is not because of a lack of damage from Firestorm, but the spell doesn't really have a long duration, and mobs tend to run into the area of effect of Firestorm after the spell effect ends - and this helps to prevent that. It also increases the duration of Poison - not that that's needed when things die instantly.

Bandits

Skill Point - Skill Point - Skill Point

What to look for in Jewels:

-Area Damage
-Chaos Damage
-Trap Damage
-Projectile Damage (will only boost and double-dip Chaos Orb, not ChaosStorm)
-Spell Damage (won't double dip, so not as efficient)
-Energy Shield

Examples:

Make sure to check my twitch stream: Original Caturai
Will be streaming every day, you're welcome to join us and have some fun!

Credits:

This started out as a theorycrafted build in my head. Prysmic is a good friend of mine who helped me min/max this build to the max!

Have any questions or suggestions? Please don't hesitate to post them below, or ask on stream for immediate answer!
Have fun :)
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 22, 2016, 7:33:31 AM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2016, 1:10:45 PM
For the people wondering, level 100 passive skill tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAQFvA-4FtQZwDXwOSBEvEVARlha_GyUb4BzcHb4i9Cj6Kwospi2oMHwyGDN4M4c0CjW5NsU3Zj1fRnFHBkkTSVFLrk6fUUdRTFJTVkhW-lfJXEBca13yX7BiT2SqZ05qNmqMbAhsC20Zb3dvnnBRdZ52b3aCen97136wfyt_xoLHgwmESITFh8uJ4It6jb-PGo_6kA2Q1pMfkyeX9JuGm7WgeaEvotmnCKcrp5usR7DYsZCzA7QMtMW00bVIt3W4k7kGvoC-isHFwuzDOsNtyAzIFMkGykrK088V0NDVLta-2CTYVNlb2-fi9-ZY5zro1ekC6rrrY-vu7BjuFfDV8Yr1bw==
hi, i must say i am insanely impressed with this build. i forward its its link to my guild-mates and they all initially thought that this is "just another" poison trapper. however when they saw what u did to uber atziri, it blew their minds away!

I am very strongly considering to follow this build, however I am 90% broke after my big purchase of atziri disfavour last week. Thus i wanted to ask you is is low-life required? can i not go life based high evasion toon? the only downside to my idea, as far as i could see, is pain attunement node wont work. however yr advice on this is requested. keep up the amazing work, and thanx for such a nice build.
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQW1Bx4IZw5ID6sRLxGWFr8b4CLqI_YkiyaVKwotqDBxMHwyATIYM3g1kjpCOuFHBklRSshLV0t4TZJN41FHUUxVS1b6XEBd8l5FX7Bh4mHrYqxqjGyMbTpuqm-ecFF1nnZvdoJ6U3sNfrB_K4LkgwmHy4qvjX2Nv4_6kA2QEZLzlS6bJpu1naqi2aZXp5usR7DYsZCyGbMDtMW00bVItfK3dbfWvoC-vMDjwzrIDMgUykrPFc960NDUI9Uu1r7YVNi921nb592o5zropOjV6NbrY-4V8NXxs_JF9W_66_4K_o8=

Above is the lvl90 skill tree i propose for life and evasion based character. for efficient travelling i choose scion. i would love to kno yr thoughts on this. this is just a crude design i m sure there must be plenty of ways to improve it.

to summarise my planned tree:
168% increased maximum Life
175% increased Evasion Rating
+32% to all Elemental Resistances
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
20% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
20% increased Flask Recovery Speed
+18% to Fire Resistance
10% increased Movement Speed
+18% to Lightning Resistance
+18% to Cold Resistance
+50 to Evasion Rating
+32 to maximum Life
+8% to Chaos Resistance

Please let me know what u think.
tooltip dmg?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
tooltip dmg?

With flasks popped close to 200k chaos damage (per trap). But again, most of the damage comes from the poison stack(s) that is not reflected in the tool-tip DPS. With your traps down you can easily hit 10-20 million chaos DPS. The more traps you have out, the more damage you will do. If you are using cluster traps, you can have up to 11 traps out which is insane damage if you have 11 firestorms stacking poison.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Apr 5, 2016, 12:14:02 PM
Oh, I feel traps are sooo going to be nerfed.
Hi, awesome build i want to try it out but need to ask something first, can be used a 5L Shavs in the build? If your answer is yes, which gem you drop to make it work? Thx
"
werefol wrote:
Hi, awesome build i want to try it out but need to ask something first, can be used a 5L Shavs in the build? If your answer is yes, which gem you drop to make it work? Thx

You definitely can run this with 5L. I'd probably remove the elemental focus and keep the rest of the gems the same.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Apr 5, 2016, 6:14:52 PM
"
Rhans wrote:
Oh, I feel traps are sooo going to be nerfed.

Think that is very hard that trap will be nerfed. Is probably that the news "more damage" gems (Void Manipulation, Controled Destruction and Rapid Decay) will be nerfed and original chaos skills will be buffed (Caustic Arrow, Essence/Contagion).
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info