Donald Drumpf: Making Mjölner Great Again [T15 Map-boss Video]

"
atheyd wrote:
I just bought all the items for this build and am getting ready to start. What did you level with?

I just leveled with two-handers, hatred, and cyclone/earthquake, nothing fancy. Any leveling strategy will probably work, like totems, etc (you go that route, pretty simple to respect).
Last edited by IdleAltruism on Apr 27, 2016, 6:11:39 PM
Thinking of trying this out when league ends. Got map to get the vessel (hopefully), got the hammer and romira's. Looks fun and I've never done a Mjolner before.
Censored.
i have been testing static strike instead of molten strike, ss works well with this build.

IdleAltruism, will you be updating this for prophecy? i hope you will :)

also, ive been playing around with dual wielding hammers, i cant tell much if any difference to clear speed using 2. i do notice a huge drop from res when i dont use my shield. so for me, shield is better than 2 hammers, fast clear and better res = win
Last edited by zoomshot on May 23, 2016, 2:27:23 PM
Hey,what are the optimal jewels for this build ? life,spell dmg,as ?
Still viable for 2.3? Any change?
Rite of Ruin or Aspect of Carnage for the 8th Ascendacy Point?
Hey i play this and i took Aspect of Carnage ,the DPS is insane with it :)
Can anyone confirm if this build is viable in 2.3? Thanks
I play it in Prophecy. It works fine :)
Heyo! Thanks for the build, currently using it in atlas. Lvl 87, I have done tier 10's with your exact build, swapped out Scold's for Devotos Devotion for extra atack speed. Farmed currency and bought myself a voll's amulet and swapped out arc for another discharge to proc endurance charges aswell. Been doing very good and I can see myself doing tier 15's with ez. All in All, 10/10 build.

Edit: Done atziri with no problems at all, suffered most on the first boss (Vessel oof the vaal).
Last edited by nuuska on Sep 13, 2016, 9:33:46 PM
This build is still 100% viable in 2.4, though there were obviously some major nerfs. I don't know if the OP decided to stop updating this guide or something, but here are the changes I think need to be made, nothing big:

-Not as much emphasis on atkspeed, as each spell in mjolner has limit of 10 casts per sec now, so the OP's aps of 6 would give u 6 * 9 = 54 proc events, way too many for two spells in mjolner. (only 20 proc events / sec are needed)

-Because of the significantly lowered cast per second limit, I don't think RT is necessary anymore. Instead, we could take Elemental Overload. A teensy bit of acc from romiras is probably enough, as only 3 atks per second are needed (only 50% accuracy is needed)

I have three questions, really hope OP will still update this guide:

1. Is there any point to taking that many powercharges in 2.4? The way I see it is when you have 0 PCs, you hit with mjolner (100% spell proc chance in 2.4), and get a PC from romiras, then on the same hit, discharge. When you discharge for the 2nd time (and all other times after that), u lose all your PCs, and gain a PC from the enemy hit by discharge. You hit again, get PC from romiras and a PC from the subsequent discharge, and discharge with 2 PCs. Repeat. In this cycle, you never go over 2 PCs (singletarget ofc). Idk if this is how it works, could some1 let me know?

2. The previous post suggested putting two discharges in mjolner.
a) Is this a good idea?
b) Two discharges means loss of arc, which means your clearspeed will be significantly lowered. Should we get some AoE nodes to compensate?
c) Does this impact the effectiveness of each discharge?

3. Once we get the final two uber lab points, I'm assuming we take aspect of carnage? seems synergistic with cloaked in savagery (more dmg taken = easier 100% LL proc from cloaked) and a huge dmg boost.

Sorry for the wall of text, I do think its necessary tho :D

Also, OP PLEASE UPDATE GUIDE THIS GUIDE IS AWESOME
Last edited by Fire309 on Oct 7, 2016, 8:06:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info