Which trapper?

Hey,

Looking for a few opinions. Looking to play a trapper, and there's quite a few varieties around at the moment. Can anyone advise please on which builds are best for

a) survivability, and
b) DPS

out of Pohx's Ice Trapper, the Ice/Chaos Trapper and the Bladefall Poison Trapper?

Cheers!
A
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2016, 4:24:54 PM
Dam, no one replyed. I have saved this topic as I am currently playing trapper and I wanted to see a nice conversation going on, facts and figures... NUMBERS! But for some reason no one said anything... and worst of all is that so many people play trappers.
chaos Icetrapper = super super cheap build that can still run normal atziri (even insta her) and uber atziri as well. It's the build I used at the start of this league and it facerolled everything while costing almost nothing.

chaosorb trapper = expensive (requires ES items + shavronnes) but can even insta uber atziri. This build is for when facerolling 99% of the time is not enough and you want 100% faceroll.

I don't know the pure icetrapper... I see no point in not taking chaos due to how broken it is in bypassing enemy resistances. Not to mention the poison which scales into insane amounts of damage in lategame. And of course chaos is easier when running maps with tons of mods.

Both can run all map mods. So you can run the mods dangerous stuff and vaal ur maps without fear of bricking them so your mappool is gonna be awesome no matter what trapper you take.
Last edited by silverdash on Apr 14, 2016, 4:07:54 PM
chaos icetrapper = super squishy.

i am currently trying this build (level 63 only atm)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1616976

but fragile as hell. i never died that much with any other class/build than this one.
you don't resist anything and have to permanently run everywhere, can't face anything more than 2 seconds, even with all resists at 75%, and a good amount of evasion

i think i may change that build to something a little bit more defensive.
Last edited by frenchlion on Apr 15, 2016, 4:25:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info