Disconnect issues

Strange, strange things keep happening with my connection. During normal play, everything is perfectly fine, and the game works like an absolute dream. However, if I at any point enter a town, whether it's through a portal, through an entrance, a waypoint, or even just logging in, I have a 50/50 chance of disconnecting after a short wait in which my Grace Period never drops below one second.

I receive the "An unexpected error has occured" message every time this happens, and I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my connection, as I have been able to talk through TeamSpeak whilst this has been happening, and it's a problem localised entirely to towns.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's not making the game unplayable, but it is quite frustrating to have to log in again about 3 times in a row every time I want to sell anything.
I have the same problem, Logged on last night for 15mins and had 7 disconnections. But i am also having lag issues. Not being able to hit a mob, kill do any damage. SO for me the game is 100% Unplayable.

I might be able to help with your out-of-town issues. Do you have an older version of Hamachi installed? I remember reading somewhere at some point that it can mess with some internet settings that Path of Exile requires in order to work.

Failing that, it sounds silly, but check your connection during these outages. If your connection is dropping for everything, not just PoE, obviously you need to talk with your ISP.

It would also be a good idea to drop your graphics settings as low as they can go. The game does not yet pre-load effects for spells as far as I am aware, which can cause some pretty diabolical lag on laptops and other less powerful machines if your graphics are turned up, and sometimes even if they're low.
I've been having disconnect issues for days. I can't even play anymore without a huge latency spike out of no where and has a good chance of disconnecting me and it happens every 5-10 minutes it seems. I'm done for now until they fix the problem because it's not my internet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info