Updated to [3.0] Solo-Viable Flame Golem Guardian Aurabot

Old thread title: [2.2] [HC] Solo-Viable Dual Flame Totem Guardian Aurabot.

This was, as the old title says, an old 2.2 build that used flame totems to make the old aurabot solo-viable, since I soloed a lot and like to be more self-sufficient - I saw so many aurabot players that absolutely could not play at all without help.

I was bored today and decided to see if this build is still viable and it is. Back before they nerfed ES, I had already changed from using the flame totem to using a Flame Golem setup for way more dmg.

So, the short answer is this build is still viable with a bit less ES but it would be expensive.

At lvl 90, with a legacy Shav's 196% ES, the character has 7363 ES. 65% DR, 40% Evade.

Resists are 81/81/82 (So, +6% to max res and additional +1% to Lightning res. The 10 auras provide an extra 3104 armor. And the 1% dmg reduction per aura = another 10% dmg reduction to me and allies, plus the Discipline, Grace, and Determination.

10 auras: Discipline, Grace, Determination, Vitality, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Anger, Haste, and a Blasphemy aura curse.

I gave up the whole dual cursing thing, but maybe you could work it in if needed. I now use the golems in a 6L instead of the Curse On Hit setup I used to use.

Now... the build only requires (sarcasm incoming) A triple-off-color 6L Shav's, a triple-off-color Alpha's Howl, a double-off-color Prism Guardian, a double-off-color Clayshaper, an Auxium belt, an Anima Stone jewel, a Primordial Might jewel, two Primordial Harmony jewels, and an Energy From Within jewel, and a level 3 Empower. lol

4 Flame Golems in a 6L for offense.

Level 90 Skill Tree (113 points/kill all bandits)

The character's gear and gems can be seen on my account: character named Magister_Militum_Templi

It's certainly not a powerhouse, but there it is if anyone is interested. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

[2.2] [HC] Solo-Viable Dual Flame Totem Guardian Aurabot.

This build is based off of CVRTIS' [2.0] LL BM AURAMANCER!. Modified to maintain dual flame totems for soloability. Also had to change class to Templar for obvious reasons - ie. Guardian Ascendancy.

I first made it to lvl 69 and died to Merciless Izaro in the final fight, trying to fight him too soon. :) So, I remade the character and just took armor/life/totem dps nodes to survive the lab and all acts/difficulties of the game. But it cost me quite a few regrets to reskill. :)

At level 83 he has:

10 auras: Vitality, Discipline, Grace, Determination, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Haste, Anger, and also running an Enfeeble aura with Blasphemy.

3 curses: (wearing two Doedre's rings) Elemental Weakness (or so) and Temporal Chains are Cast on Hit with Ball Lightning + GMP, and then the Enfeeble/Blasphemy aura. (Can also use Frenzy and Chain with Curse on Hit for a Conduit in place of the Ball Lightning + GMP.)

Guardian Ascendancy's Radiant Faith node gives 160% of reserved life (1,698 life reserved) as armor to you and allies, and Unwavering Faith node makes auras you cast give 1% physical damage reduction and 0.2% life regen to you and allies. So, I have 15888 armor - 70% DR, 7591 Evasion - 41% chance to evade. 5886 ES. All resists to 82% with Purity auras. Flame Totem tooltip dps is 6399. I took the Guardian block nodes Bastion of Hope and have 29% block chance, but could also take the Conduit nodes - Harmony of Purpose or the curse removal nodes - Time of Need, etc.

Bandits: Killed all 3 in each difficulty for the skill points.

The Skill Tree (so far)

Gear:

Jewels:
Spoiler

Insert near the Melding node

Wand
Spoiler
with +1 to gems and +2 to fire gems for the flame totem:

Socketed with:

Helm
Spoiler
Alpha's Howl

Socketed with:

Shield
Spoiler

Prism Guardian

Socketed with:

Chest
Spoiler
Shavronne's Wrappings
(Need BBBGG on it for Temp Chains or if you want to use Frenzy + Chain instead of Ball Lightning + GMP.)

Socketed with:

Rings
Spoiler
Doedre's Damning x2 (If you want 3 curses)

Could also wear Windscream boots and a good ES ring, but will get more ES from the boots than a ring.

Amulet
Spoiler
Amulet should have around 30 to 40+ ES and a %Increased Max ES mod as high as possible.

Belt
Spoiler
For the Belt I like to get one with 60+ES and around 300+ armor

Gloves
Spoiler
should ideally be highest ES you can get. (These are not it. :) )

Socketed with:

Boots
Spoiler
should be the highest ES you can get. (These are also not it. :) )

Socketed with:

ES Regen Flask
Spoiler

Regens 750 ES per second while standing on the Consecrated Ground and 500 per second when not. You might want a short duration one so you can get back to life regen and casting sooner.

I used to use Enduring Cry + Conduit on my support character. (along with a Frenzy + Chain Curse on Hit setup) but don't worry much about it anymore. Most people are going to take Conduit and Overcharge if they can reasonably get to it.

You shouldn't have to worry much about resists on most gear since you are running the Purity auras. They take care of much of your resists.

No need for +mana or mana regen, of course.

+life on gear doesn't help much at all, so that's not a concern either.

Last edited by Siegelayer on Nov 22, 2017, 5:04:41 AM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 4:20:16 PM
Hi, im very interested in doing this build, but I need a leveling tree. After getting AB, what should I go for next?
first ill have to say THANK YOU for this great build, i love it and so does my team's

I am level 73 atm and still no shavs (im a poor guy) but i run with Solaris Lorica 4L (BBGR - Ball lightning, Curse on hit, Warlords mark and Temporal chains) i know its far from perfect, but i can easy run low level maps with all mods.

here is what i did to level: AB first, then i went for Sovereignty, forward to Harrier and Charisma and ballistic Mastery to get the agi, then all the way down to Champion of the cause to get more str. after that i went to get the reduced mana at the top right and the jewel nodes (i have to run with a Conqueror's efficency to get more reduced mana and cost to be able to cast totems all the time.) first here i startet to pick up the Arcane Focus, Deep wisdom, Melding and Forsight. i realy didnt care for the totem damage since i ran full support with conduit, and im still missing Leadership, Influence and the node next to Influsence (next 3 nodes ill get)

my stats atm is:
life (92/1540)
ES: 2871
Armor:11k
eva:5k
resist: 81/79/79/-3
Block:22%
Dam Reduction: 70%
speed: 39%
and my fire totem: 5420

so not the best stats but pretty fine without shav's. my setup atm cost me about 20 chaos. so pretty cheap.
Cool. I was unaware anyone had replied to this.

As far as a leveling tree... I can't really remember exactly what nodes I took. I usually just do my builds as I go and take what I need when I need it.

The tree was sorta like this: Just taking life and totem/dps nodes along the outer Templar and Marauder areas. Then I moved through Witch to make my way around to the other side and down to the scion area. I remember it took me 54 points (22 refund points and 32 regrets.) to reskill lol But I sure didn't want to fight Merciless Izaro with a low life build. :)

The tree so far at lvl 87 is:
Spoiler

I since got some pure ES boots and gloves and my ES is now 7076, so far. Unreserved life after casting all of the auras is 92 which is plenty to cast the totems (80 mana cost totems) and it refills nearly instantly. It can cast totems constantly without pause.

I ditched the Elemental Damage nodes at Templar start for more ES nodes and my dps dropped to around 5800. But you also have Fire Penetration in that and two totems, so it kills pretty nice when solo and you don't have to sit in town waiting on a party like a lot of support builds. I have played almost entirely solo.

Damage Reduction is at 69%. Evasion at 42%. And resists are now 82/82/83 (193/190/183)
Last edited by Siegelayer on Apr 23, 2016, 12:26:49 AM
Might be a noob question ( i am fairly noob) how do you run so many auras? they all take massive mana reservation

It's a combination of getting all of the mana reserve nodes on the skill tree, plus the Blood Magic keystone and the nodes behind the blood magic node which gives a huge 50% less mana reservation, plus placing 3 of the 50% mana reserve auras on the Prism Guardian shield which gives them 25% reduced mana reservation, and then adding the Alpha's Howl helm too for another 8% reduced reservation. Altogether it's possible to get that many auras.
Is this build still viable going forward in the new leagues ? was thinking to try it as a starter build.

Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info