3.3 Sherkhan's Aerialist [triple curse CI pure physical Flicker Elementalist]

First things first

Remember to set video quality to high. Even so, it's pretty chopping. I'm recording on a T410 with 1st Gen Intel HD, playing on a trackpoint. It's harder for me to play this while recording than it is for you to watch it.

T14 Dual Piety Shrine. Run to boss in a TC map.

T9 Arid Lake. Mindless click run.

T12 Shipyard run to boss (2x added ele dmg).

T9 Gorge Run.

T13 Wasteland Boss Run. Ele Weak + Temp Chains + Added Damage

No-Abyssus run in T9 TC Gorge. No difference in clear speed. Abyssus is mainly to speed-run 6p T11+ as if you're solo.

Aerialist

This is a pretty basic Flicker build (nothing fancy on the tree). The variations from a normal Flicker are: (a) Elementalist instead of the more popular Trickster / Assassin / Champion classes, (b) triple curse, no auras (i.e. no Hatred) (c) pure physical damage delivered (no worries about resistances, etc).

Ascendancies are best when they add a completely new element to a build, as opposed to boosting what's already strong. Flicker can easily can crit, and doesn't suffer from mana cost issues - which makes Assassin and Trickster "slightly better" boosts to the basic phys crit Flicker setup. For a high crit dagger, Assassin is at best a 1.7x multiplier to damage, and requires a tree stretch to get all the power charges. Elementalist is essentially at least 2.7x damage output multiplier from just Shaper/Conflux, which gives a 100% chance to inflict chill/ignite/shock based on all damage (including phys/chaos). Liege's "double effect" bonus ensures high ACC and Crit Chance from Ice Golems.

Curses offer much stronger DPS / safety options than auras. Hatred is pretty popular on physical builds for tooltip warriors, but the effective damage it adds is poor (adjusted for res and reservation costs). Also, for this build, it'd prevent proliferation of shock / ignite.

The first two curses are Poacher's Mark and Vulnerability ffer sustain through mana on hit/kill, as well as DPS - charges, less evasion from enemies (boosting chance to hit - which is critical for crit builds), increased crit chance, and more DoT damage from Vulnerability. The third curse is Enfeeble, which mitigates the downside of the mandatory Abyssus, and offers high multivariate protection from attacks.

As you can see from the videos, this build can clear hard content safely and quickly. I leveled from 92-94 in two days, with three deaths in between (all due to lag at bearers).

Setup

L94 Tree

Bandits.

Passive (N), Passive (C), Kraityn/Frenzy (M)

Ascendancy.

Elementalist.
Shaper, Beacon, Liege.

Gear.

Chest. RRRRGB ES Chest (either Saintly or Sacrificial Garb end-game). Tabula works till maps, since most of the ES comes from the shield.

Gloves. You need Vuln on Hits. Get a cheap pair till you can afford a decent crit unique pair. Shadows and Dust are BiS, for leech, crit, and smoke clouds. Maligaros or rare ACC/ES gloves will do.

Boots. High ES, Res. No movespeed needed. The 0.5% leech on kill enchant is nice.

Helm. Abyssus. COE or a rare ACC/ES Hubris is a second best option. Enfeeble enchant is BiS.

Shield. Evasion / ES + Res. Supreme Spiked Shield is the highest level for BiS.

Dagger. A well-rolled Bino's will be cheap BiS until you get lucky on a ridiculously well rolled Platinum Kris. Damage per hit is more important than DPS/attackspeed. For maximum funsies, craft bleed on hit.

Belt. Rustic with ES + Res, ideally. Use a Heavy if you lack STR.

Rings. 2x Doedre's. This seems to be the go-to for all my builds recently. Cheap OP.

Amulet. Physical leech. Fill STR/INT/Res as needed. Physical damage + Crit is a luxury.

Jewels.

Physical attack leech. MPD (dagger, shield). Crit. ES%.

Gems.

6L. Flicker + ICS + MPD + MPDF + Multi + Splash
4L. Blasphemy + Poach + Discipline + Enfeeble
4L: WB + FA + Fortify + ECoMs / Red Mana
3L: Vaal Disc + Vaal Disc + ID
3L: CWDT(20) + Ice Golem + Molten Shell / Cold Snap / Chance to Fee
4L. CWDT(1) + BV + Blind / Chance to Flee / PCoC (optional)

Flasks (important).

Seething/Bubbling/Panicked Divine Mana Flask of Staunching
Experimenter's Stibnite Flask of Heat
Writhing Jar
Atziri's Promise
Lion's Roar

The first three will keep you alive.Taste of Hate / non-Legacy Vinktars are not appropriate for this build.

My gear at L93

My gear at L92

(BoE)skill=Flicker+Strike;defense=ES;crit=true;cheap=true;atziri=true;coc=false(BoE)
(BoE)skill=Flicker+Strike;item=Abyssus;defense=ES;crit=true;cheap=true;atziri=true;coc=false;hardcore=false(BoE)
Last edited by sherkhan on May 29, 2018, 1:18:52 AM
Last bumped on Jun 10, 2016, 11:44:30 PM
Tree Link does not work.
"
Azial wrote:
Tree Link does not work.

Fixed. Got lost when I added the videos.
interesting, can u post your offensive and defensive stats?
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
its very nice build i once played in party with this guy I reccomend this build for everyone who likes flicker !!
"
ruipryux wrote:
Interesting, can u post your offensive and defensive stats?

I generally dislike doing this in a main post because (a) people compare to mirrored build / super flasked outputs, and (b) because gear keeps changing.

In my current iteration, at L92 I have:

7k ES, 3k+ Eva, 1k AR. 33% block.
0.8% HP leech, 0.4% mana leech (before my 0.5% all dmg leech from boots on kill).
If I choose Enfeeble over Vuln, that turns eHP north of 10k easily.

18k avg dmg in hideout. 28k in the wild with charges. 45k with Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise up.
All of this is before AssMark, PoachMark (and Vuln, if I use that over Enfeeble) - each of which are 1.3-1.4x more multipliers. Also before Elemental Conflux, which is a 2.7x+ multiplier.

Edit: At L93, I have 9.5k ES. Took leech up to 3%. Using Enfeeble. 15k avg dmg in H/O. Bleeding as well, now.

"
Berner93 wrote:
its very nice build i once played in party with this guy I reccomend this build for everyone who likes flicker !!

Thanks for the props!
Last edited by sherkhan on Apr 11, 2016, 11:24:49 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:

I generally dislike doing this in a main post because (a) people compare to mirrored build / super flasked outputs, and (b) because gear keeps changing.

0.8% HP leech, 0.4% mana leech (before my 0.5% all dmg leech from boots on kill).

18k avg dmg in hideout. 28k in the wild with charges. 45k with Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise up.
All of this is before AssMark, PoachMark (and Vuln, if I use that over Enfeeble) - each of which are 1.3-1.4x more multipliers. Also before Elemental Conflux, which is a 2.7x+ multiplier.

Thanks!
nah dude, I'm just curious about the damage output and the survivability. Also, I'm kinda new to this dagger stuff, could u explain what to look when searching / crafting for this kind of build? Like what base is better / how much APS and crit I should aim in that dagger. Also can I use bino till I get better dagger?

Thanks 4 ur help!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
ruipryux wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:

Thanks!
nah dude, I'm just curious about the damage output and the survivability. Also, I'm kinda new to this dagger stuff, could u explain what to look when searching / crafting for this kind of build? Like what base is better / how much APS and crit I should aim in that dagger. Also can I use bino till I get better dagger?

Thanks 4 ur help!

For a dagger, you want high flat physical damage (rather than APS driven DPS). So something with 100-300 flat physical damage would be best, even if it comes with a 1.2 APS. In my opinion, a platinum kris is the best base, since you can craft 8.89 crit at masters. Ideal mods for it would be: (pre) flat phys, phys %, hybrid phys % (suff) crit chance, crit multi, attack speed. Attack speed is the least important mod of those all.

Bino's is 80% of the DPS a 5 ex dagger (i.e. it's really really good for the price). Aim for a high pdps, high crit chance Bino's.
I'm not too sure about not using hatred. The freeze from it really shouldn't be underestimated. Other than that, this seems pretty cool and new.

There is one thing, elementalist is really awesome for boosting clear speed, which you kind of don't need from a flicker build.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
I'm not too sure about not using hatred. The freeze from it really shouldn't be underestimated. Other than that, this seems pretty cool and new.

I've tried multiple combinations (Hatred, other auras, curses, non-Elementalist Hatred). Solo, you should be killing packs fast, so the freeze from Hatred is usually unnecessary. Freeze is usually needed when flicker doesn't freeze (bosses).

"
There is one thing, elementalist is really awesome for boosting clear speed, which you kind of don't need from a flicker build.

By that logic, no build should aim for higher clears. What Elementalist allows is enabling flicker at a lower gearset / moving nodes to defense as opposed to offense.

Put another way, the DPS/safety balance of this Elementalist setup is better than the DPS/safety you'd achieve as Trickster (for the ES/mana) or Assassin or Occultist or Pathfinder or Raider

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info