I got some Cigarettes

Does electric cigarette lasts longer than real cigarettes?
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2016, 7:26:56 PM
Sounds like a question that can only be answered by... Vape Nation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm8Hteeh6M
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last night I watched a co-worker complete his transition into stupidity.

At first he just wanted to be cool with the other vapors and bought his oils and vape box.

Last night the crew was taking a break and someone outside was hacking up a lung.

I go outside and the guy was using another chronic smokers vape box.

Turns out it was full on nicotine, he didn't care. He said " I need to get used to it and pop my cherry".

Another one addicted.
Last edited by DirtyLary on Apr 10, 2016, 2:07:33 PM
V/\
"
quagsire1988 wrote:
Does electric cigarette lasts longer than real cigarettes?

No clue but I recently saw a guy catch on fire when the vaporizer in his pocket exploded. Safe my ass.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I've used one for 2 years and it was the best thing I have ever done to get off cigarettes.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
+1 the above.

Going on 4 years now of daily use. An order of magnitude cheaper than cigarettes, I don't stink like ash, I can actually breathe again, and I'm not inhaling CO/tar/etc.

But hey, this is the internet and we need to shit on literally everything good in this world, so V/\ LOL WE GET IT YOU VAPE :100:
"
pneuma wrote:
+1 the above.

Going on 4 years now of daily use. An order of magnitude cheaper than cigarettes, I don't stink like ash, I can actually breathe again, and I'm not inhaling CO/tar/etc.

But hey, this is the internet and we need to shit on literally everything good in this world, so V/\ LOL WE GET IT YOU VAPE :100:

A good thing? In your situation sure id agree but good is a stretch..

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/04/e-cigarettes-toxic-chemicals-research-finds-lung-damage
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
+1 the above.

A good thing? In your situation sure id agree but good is a stretch..

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/04/e-cigarettes-toxic-chemicals-research-finds-lung-damage

From that article:
"E-cigarettes generated just 1% of the amount of free radicals in tobacco smoke, but this still posed a potential health risk, said the researchers."

The article is pretending like people who vape really have no clue and think that it's unicorn farts and magic dust. Of course, after creating this straw man, they then tear it down mercilessly.

Harm reduction is absolutely a good thing. It's not perfect, but there's a lot of incremental improvements in many areas -- short and long term health, cost, environmental effects, social effects. Enough to make the decision to switch a fairly painless one.

The real health scare of ecigs are, afaict:
- Using wicks for too long or running them too hot which causes burning of the wick material,
- Not cleaning the mouthpiece out often which increases risk of pneumonia,
- Buying poor quality electrical hardware or using damage hardware which is a fire hazard,
- Using untrustworthy sources for e-liquid, or using liquid containing flavorings that are harmful when boiled (but otherwise are GRAS).

I would love to see more papers talking about those things and more vendors working toward solutions for them.

If I were a conspiracy nut, I'd be convinced that attack articles, puffed-up studies, and anti-vaping internet bullshit are all paid for by incumbent tobacco companies that are losing revenue... but that would just be crazy and could never really happen, right? :P

---

EDIT: Some more light reading.
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 11, 2016, 4:36:31 PM
+1 to above - I am tired of explaining to people that these things are better than cigarettes.
Not a perfect solution by any means but much better than those old cancer sticks.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info