Path of Exile in China

i just hope they get the money to fix quality issues of the game itself. and having so many issues with certain cards and computers like soundblaster cards or other type of sound cards that crash the game or just the actual framework itself to keep from crashing or lagging out with certain skills or like perandus or ground effects in maps. and wish they would increase map drops also. yes there is a grind but as a solo player this game gets boring running low maps all the time on a 88 chr cant get past t6 bc no maps drop. there just needs more shit done to the game to help it and fix the issues and stuff
rawrawr
Tencent bought a majority share in RiotGames aka League of Legends a few years back. Writing on the wall?
"
SzejkM8 wrote:
Releasing PoE in China will have only one result. I have experience from other games. The game will be P2W, "VIP Accounts" etc. Hordes of Chinese will switch from Chinese version to International and they'll start botting resulting with economy's collapse. Call me racist, but I'm not, I respect everyone. Those are just facts from several games I was playing before.

Yep, i could see that becoming a problem too.

I think people that think this will have no impact on the international servers are blind and naive. If the chinese gold farming industry realizes PoEs potential it will take days before they swarm the international servers too.

I think the deal with the devil is the only way you can get into the chinese gaming market. You can ask Valve questions about that, they are fighting for years now with Perfect World as a publisher for the huge DotA 2 crowd in china, because it is so hard to get the values you want to have in your game shipped over through a middle man.
Last edited by DE3me on Mar 28, 2016, 6:03:58 PM
It'll be entirely separate from EU/US I take it?

One of the things that drive this game is the economy.
As long as chinese private realm cannot be migrated from and to (never ever), the PoE as we know it won't be affected by the Tencent policy, whatever it becomes. Like a league, but without the transfer at the end.

GGG, please clarify or confirm this, lots of players are worried. Thank you.
I think Tencent is part of the Sesame Credit system which is basically Chinas online nazi state police where they slowly take your rights aways and those rights becomes privileges for the subservients. It's easy to forget but China is still a shithole of propaganda and oppression.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34592186

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

The worse it gets the faster they will revolt though.
I too acknowledge that there is a chance that TenCent will turn it in to an RMT paradise, I only hope that GGG have put measures in place. It is after all how the Chinese do business.

To quote a friend of mine, who was BORN in Hong Kong (Pre hand back), he calls them *[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Sarah on Mar 28, 2016, 5:57:06 PM
kinda funny how when china is introduced to the game

theres an imminent war against botters and gold farmers

poe has golds now to farm hrmm?
Awesome news congrats ggg
R.I.P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info