[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

"
2spoons wrote:
Going CI might be really nice if for no other reason than that one of the T15 map bosses gating one of the Guardians is going to be the Chaos Warband.

CI eventually going into lowlife might be were it's at. Shame really, I was testing this in a std character and it's the most comfortable life-based char I've used in a while
So...how is the 20 stack change going to play out regarding vinktar? Out with master herbalist/veteran bowyer, in with master surgeon + master alchemist, and go CI, with a flask belt? Sounds like a loss of a LOT of damage by forgoing poison.
Up your crit, drop some mana. Run the Magnate.

CI is a good idea, although not necessary. Build is still top tier. You won't lose DPS by dropping poison for the most part, given that the build does 60%+ more damage now.
"
Glick wrote:
Up your crit, drop some mana. Run the Magnate.

CI is a good idea, although not necessary. Build is still top tier. You won't lose DPS by dropping poison for the most part, given that the build does 60%+ more damage now.

Okay, so let's say you've got 100% crit.

You're still talking about 2 flask charges a second before flask buffs. So say you have 4 charges a second with primal spirit + druidic rite + magnate. You still need to get 56 charges for vinktar. At 10 charges a second with 50 BV stacks, that was in the realm of achievable at very high end on single target.

Now?
Now you're still fine. You just need to play slightly more carefully with the rest of your flasks.
"
Glick wrote:
Now you're still fine. You just need to play slightly more carefully with the rest of your flasks.

My question was a math one. How are you supposed to sustain Vinktar's 40-56 charges on a 20 stack BV on single target? The math seems to not be there anymore.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
Glick wrote:

My question was a math one. How are you supposed to sustain Vinktar's 40-56 charges on a 20 stack BV on single target? The math seems to not be there anymore.

You don't because that was beyond broken as shit. Now you time your Vinktar usage for periods when you need extra leech, and use your other flasks strategically to reduce the window where you need heavy leech.
"
Glick wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
Glick wrote:

You don't because that was beyond broken as shit. Now you time your Vinktar usage for periods when you need extra leech, and use your other flasks strategically to reduce the window where you need heavy leech.

AKA you were being glib. That's not fine. Having the main reason for investing in your ascendancy gutted is not "fine". Pouring 100 exalts into a build so you can sustain one flask was not "broken as shit" given the shenanigans and clear speed other ascendancy classes have.

Build still works completely fine, and likely can clear anything.

Yeah, one broken mechanic that should have been nerfed months ago is finally nerfed. I'm sorry your Skyforth CI variant won't be invincible. This does not break the build, it just breaks a very silly interaction.

If you're that upset, play something else.
Last edited by Glick on Aug 31, 2016, 12:26:43 AM
I'm not sure how you consider a build that revolves around building around a 20-40 EX pair of boots "broken". If you can make a build around those, I'd think you'd deserve the power.

Also, I'm not sure if clear speed was ever the issue with blade vortex. Yeah, it'll be even better against trash, but since when was damage against trash ever the issue?

Edit: how is perma-vinktar a "very silly interaction"? Even the Pathfinder's introductory video stated that sustaining unique flasks was its purpose.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Aug 31, 2016, 12:39:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info