[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

"
echelontee wrote:
"
Bawtzki wrote:

Regarding flask spam - are there any legal ways to decrease the very good chances of getting a carpal tunnel syndrome? I'm aware of the 1 press 1 server action rule, is there anything that works within these confines and makes using flasks a little more bearable?

I would just tinker with your hotkey setup until it's comfortable for you. Here's mine for example:

LMB - Walk || M4 (thumb mouse button) - CoH BV || RMB - Main BV

Q - Whirling Blades || W - Totem || E - Hatred || M5 - Vaal Haste || MMB - Portal

Flasks: 1 = Health || 2 = Rumi's || 3 = ToH || 4 = Basalt/Ruby || R = Vinktar

My general gameplay is holding Q to move around, navigating with my mouse. Bogok has his WB on a mouse button, but for me it feels uncomfortable over long period of playing. If I'm fighting an easy pack, I can just use my left middle finger to hit 2/3 for Rumi's/ToH, without having to shift hand position.

For harder packs, I move my left ring finger to hit 2, while my middle and index finger hit 3 and 4. Then I seamlessly move my index finger down to hit R. Thus hitting my 4 flasks in a fluid motion of 234r. I found that having my flasks as 2345 or QWER didn't allow as smooth a motion.

Lastly both BV and Vaal Haste on mouse buttons, so right hand can focus on attacks while left hand focuses on flasks. For me this made playing this build a loooot more bearable over 8hrs of play, but definitely take breaks and stretch and all that stuff.

The problem I'm facing is that I have no extra mouse buttons :). This build (at least the SC version) is pretty skill light though so I actually ended up with two free skill slots on my bottom bar (3 if I hide aura). I've rebound one flask to E but this obviously conflicts with other character(s) I play so I have to change every time I switch between them. Also, muscle memory is a real bitch.
if you buy legacy vinktar, talent in passive tree life leech instant, no need?
I solved my flask problem by switching to QWER completely, the flasks in this build are basically skills anyway. I just wish the game offered profiles for keybinds ;_;.

Also, I think Veteran Bowyer is much better than Master Alchemist as 6/8 ascendancy. My flask regen on maps went through the roof after I got it and it made mapping much more enjoyable.

So far I'm _extremely_ happy with the build (thanks Bogok!), did a t14 map earlier thatwas full of strongboxes which I yolo opened one after another. At some point I took a full group DD to the face and survived - thanks Vaal Pact! This is my gear at the moment:

Spoiler
Last edited by Bawtzki on Jun 26, 2016, 1:49:34 PM
Hey currently running the build on prophecy softcore , im loving it bigtime.
Only issue im having is the flasks , they are super expensive atm , taste of hate is 3.5 ex and vinktars with 20% conversion is 89 chaos :(

Any tips for farming the currency to buy them ? Or any methods to work around ?
"
azraelnight wrote:
Hey currently running the build on prophecy softcore , im loving it bigtime.
Only issue im having is the flasks , they are super expensive atm , taste of hate is 3.5 ex and vinktars with 20% conversion is 89 chaos :(

Any tips for farming the currency to buy them ? Or any methods to work around ?

Run low tier maps, pick up every rare items and do unid chaos recipe. You can also do Flame totem + culling strike + item rarity for bosses.
Just reached lvl 70 with this build on psc and tooltip dps of my 5linked bv setup is 6k, is that good at this point? It's hard to compare with the stats in the first post.

Current gear:
Spoiler

Also I need to get my gloves setup going.
Last edited by Mukaujoka on Jun 27, 2016, 5:22:34 AM
If u are not playing HC a tabula is way better than a 5L carcass imo.
A 5L carcass will cost u like 30% dps and u'll gain a bit of life, not worth it.

I tested a 5L carcass, cuz I wanted the prop challenge, but sold it immediately after.
Just use tabula and save up for 6L carcass, which will cost u around 9-10ex.

When I do uber lab, I just use conc effect all the way. Tooltip is 26.3k dps with everything on.
Last edited by JaTochNietDan on Jun 27, 2016, 5:44:57 AM
I'm playing HC and still using a Tabula up to lvl 90. Not sure if it's the intelligent choice, but the DPS boost is huge. Killing bosses before they can kill you seems like a good strategy so far

gear
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
This build so laggy for me... especially with vinktar. Any ideas, how i can fix this? I play on coc discharge before and it was not laggy on my PC, but bv unplayble.
Last edited by StoryOff on Jun 27, 2016, 6:36:01 PM
Yeah the lag's insane, I actually disconnected earlier on dry peninsula (allies cannot die aura boss) because my fps dropped to 1 and stayed there.

Otherwise I really love this build, finally did the 1000 killstreak challenge with it today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpYc5oAoiVU&feature=youtu.be .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info