[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

"
Boozler wrote:
First thing I’d like to clarify is that +lightning to spells on Vinktar and another 65+ on your weapon totaling ~ 110 is not enough for proper leach correct? I like the idea of the cheaper one because PTL will nerf your damage due to elemental mitigation vs physical mitigation. Has anyone tried? If it’s just not enough that’s fine I’ll cough up the dough for the good one or use a PTL gem but I’d love to hear from anyone who has tried.

Can someone review this buy order and tell me if something is wrong:

#1 Rumi’s (I swung and missed on my first Earth Drinker turn in)
#2 Essence Worm
#3 Vinktar (I’ll get the PTL one if I have to)
#4 Rathpith
#5 6L
#6 Taste of Hate

Particularly unsure of when it’s appropriate to grab the 6L. Taste of hate just seems too expensive to put in front of anything else.

Vinktar should be no.1 on ur list. In the early league (essence) this is the first thing i bought and never regreted it. Phy to lightning is pretty good dmg too. U r underestimating ability to shock and its synergy with master bowyer ascendancy node.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 13, 2016, 7:01:42 PM
"
Boozler wrote:
First thing I’d like to clarify is that +lightning to spells on Vinktar and another 65+ on your weapon totaling ~ 110 is not enough for proper leach correct? I like the idea of the cheaper one because PTL will nerf your damage due to elemental mitigation vs physical mitigation. Has anyone tried? If it’s just not enough that’s fine I’ll cough up the dough for the good one or use a PTL gem but I’d love to hear from anyone who has tried.

Can someone review this buy order and tell me if something is wrong:

#1 Rumi’s (I swung and missed on my first Earth Drinker turn in)
#2 Essence Worm
#3 Vinktar (I’ll get the PTL one if I have to)
#4 Rathpith
#5 6L
#6 Taste of Hate

Particularly unsure of when it’s appropriate to grab the 6L. Taste of hate just seems too expensive to put in front of anything else.

Far from being an expert as I'm running a BV build for the first time.

From what I've learned in this thread, your primordial source of life and mana leech and damage too would be a vinktar. Since a conversion vinktar (the one that converts part of your physical damage to lightning) is expensive as hell, you can buy a cheaper one and use the physical to lightning damage in your setup. Secondly, the curse on hit BV with warlord's mark setup gives you not a great but a good amount of leech to help you survive while your vinktar is not recharged. Using a blasphemy + warlord's mark setup is ok if you don't have a vinktar, since it would be your only source of leeching, but you'll reserve mana and end up losing the bonus from the Clear Mind jewel and some survivability too, due to MoM.

Rumi's should be the second priority in my opinion, because you get armor and chance to block spells. In conjuction with Rathpith (which I couldn't afford yet), you will get a good amount of block chance.

As Bogok and another great players posting in this thread said, this build relies a lot on flasks to survive, so flasks should be your priority.

You should get a granite flask and a basalt flask as well (surgeon granite of iron skin and surgeon basalt of grounding). The grounding suffix is needed to remove the shock vinktar's give you, so you can negate the increased damage you should be taking as well.

After the flasks, I would go for essence worm, rathpith (it's expensive as hell too), 6L and taste of hate (pure damage).

Hope it helps, but take my words with a grain of salt, as I'm a noooooob lol.
Last edited by opethsland on Sep 13, 2016, 8:08:14 PM
You guys really overestimate the gg flasks.

Just check out this

I just did like 5 Abyss maps (coz they dropped) and I totally facerolled them.

I run the most generic BV variation possible - life + warlord's on blasphemy + hatred as aura. I dual wield wands, have no mom, no carcass, no worm: I decided that's too expensive and went with something of my own. I bought almost all of my gear for like 2ex with very recent exceptions of BV21-20 which was ~150c and Rumi for ~150c.

My flasks:

As you can see, it's pretty affordable - the only notable difference is hexproof, because without Vinktar I rely on Warlord's mark for the sustain. But I can probably equip Atziri / Lifeleach gem to circumvent that, which are, again, quite affordable solutions.

I think if you can buy Vinktar and ToH (I can't) you should transition to LL type of build and end up with a gg character.

Last edited by etofok on Sep 13, 2016, 9:04:00 PM
"
MarkRenton wrote:
Hello, I read the last pages of the thread and found nothing like my problem. I can't do tier maps > 8 because i get oneshoted. I don't know if this is normal. Taste of hate solve the problem? vinktar? carcass? or what else can be.

Here my gear.

my suggestion would be replace added fire ,chaos with increased crit chance and dmg.replace tabula with 5l chest with life nd high resists

replace ur rings and amulet with crit chance life and resists.replace ur quick silver flask with life flasks.change ur belt with phy dmg or buy reduced flask charges used

buy jewels with life mods and spell dmg. added increased duration in ur cwdt setup.

try to use a decoy totem
"
etofok wrote:
You guys really overestimate the gg flasks.

Just check out this

I just did like 5 Abyss maps (coz they dropped) and I totally facerolled them.

I run the most generic BV variation possible - life + warlord's on blasphemy + hatred as aura. I dual wield wands, have no mom, no carcass, no worm: I decided that's too expensive and went with something of my own. I bought almost all of my gear for like 2ex with very recent exceptions of BV21-20 which was ~150c and Rumi for ~150c.

My flasks:

As you can see, it's pretty affordable - the only notable difference is hexproof, because without Vinktar I rely on Warlord's mark for the sustain. But I can probably equip Atziri / Lifeleach gem to circumvent that, which are, again, quite affordable solutions.

I think if you can buy Vinktar and ToH (I can't) you should transition to LL type of build and end up with a gg character.

Could you please post your unbuffed def/off stats

thanks
info about my character here

Spoiler

I run no SE or FC so my "tooltip dps" is low. This is with AoE support. Also most of my gems are 19-20.

If I swap AoE to ConcEffect, pop up a random flask, get sulphur instead of diamond (just for the tooltip) and obtain 4 power charges my "tooltip dps" is 52k. I don't have FC/SE, with SE it should be like 70k or smth.

Tooltip for BladeVortex is quite confusing and doesn't pain a clear picture, because any source of CastSpeed inflates the tooltip a lot while not actually improving your real damage per second. "Spell damage" field is a more reliable indicator.

My def is 86% armor, 61%/20% blocks with flasks. Again, if you're struggling with defense you can run chaos golem which will put you at ~90% armor which is another 1/3 of the damage mitigation (14% -> 10% damage taken).

Last edited by etofok on Sep 14, 2016, 5:18:25 AM
ok, thanks a lot m8
"
Boozler wrote:

Let me rephrase this since I haven't gotten a lot of feedback.

Is ~1/3 less leech off of Vinktars (asking the 20% PTL crowd) acceptable? Will I need that extra 1/3 or is there wiggle room to be okay without it?
Thank you very much for your kind post.
I am a newbie to this build and even to POE itself.
I am following this guide, and I am lvl 47 now.
But I have a concern regarding how much this build(upto which tier maps) can handle without fancy flasks and gears.
I thoroughly read this post and searched items you listed here. Unique flasks are super expensive(about 5 exalted per each). and even the flasks you used before those unique flasks are 10c each. divinauris is about 30c.
Can I move along to high tier maps without those fancy flasks?
"
wow1929 wrote:
Thank you very much for your kind post.
I am a newbie to this build and even to POE itself.
I am following this guide, and I am lvl 47 now.
But I have a concern regarding how much this build(upto which tier maps) can handle without fancy flasks and gears.
I thoroughly read this post and searched items you listed here. Unique flasks are super expensive(about 5 exalted per each). and even the flasks you used before those unique flasks are 10c each. divinauris is about 30c.
Can I move along to high tier maps without those fancy flasks?

You don't have to start off with the expensive flasks right away. You mostly need that 4L BV/PCoC/CoH/Warlord's setup so you have some sort of mana sustain. You can also use an Atziri's promise in the meantime (about 2-3c in ESC) as a ghetto Vinktar's.

You can get Basalt and Granite flasks just from questing, and they will do you just fine through midtier maps until you can afford a Rumi's and Vinktar's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info