[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

Just updated with a video from 2.4, make sure to check it out
"
5.5k HP pool. 1.3k mana pool. 5L with BV + Spell Echo + Added Fire + Controlled Destr + Phys to Light (I don't have a conversion Vinktar). 10k BV dmg with Hatred on.

Uber Izaro is destroying me in the last phase. No matter what I try. When flasks are out you need to keep running like a chicken through the room waiting for the adds to spawn. In the meantime, you have to keep an eye on Izaro and other on the traps. Feel like the crits are not recharging the flasks the way I thought it would. For Uber Lab I'm running 2 instant recovery life flasks, Vinktar, Quicksilver and a Mana flask.

Izaro being so aggressive leaves you few opportunities to charge BV and the CoH BV setup is unreliable. In a fight where the boss can 1 shot you it's really difficult to maintain stacks.

Is anyone struggling as well to get Uber Lab done?

Here's my updated gear:

no wonders you are getting destroyed, you need basalt + granite flasks at the very least to improve your physical mitigation from like 5% or whatever you have to 87%+.

Let me put it that way: you receive 95% of the damage with 5% armor and you receive 13% of the damage with 87% armor. Equip conc effect instead of PtL. You also can get something like lightning coil 5L (~1ex) if you are really really struggling for some reason.
Last edited by etofok on Sep 12, 2016, 12:30:55 AM
"
wftico wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
So what are the favorite ascension points in 2.4?
First I decided to go to Master Alchemist. I feel like the passive flask charges and the 20% chance of not consuming charges is pretty nice. Since I got Nature's Boon, I got Master Alchemist for the utility and damage.

Now I started wondering, with the nerfs to BV stacks, how useful is Master Surgeon's 10% flask charge on crit?
I only have 30% crit with charges (cause my gear is shit), but even with 50% crit chance, how many charges could you get vs a boss?

Wouldn't it be better altogether to respect into Herbalist and Bowyer instead of Surgeon and Adrenaline?

I personally still feel it is worth it, I just don't see how else you would sustain flask charges at bosses (especially bosses who don't spawn regulary adds).

Given you keep 20 stacks up (20 hits per second) and you crit for 30%, which means you get 6 crits (charges) per second. If a flask keeps up for about 8 seconds you have gained 48 charges. So with 30% crit chance and a good vinkar (~80 increased charges used) you'll need about 9 seconds to be able to use vinktars again.

So I guess when you can get ~35-40% crit you can use flask pretty much unlimited on bosses. Given you can damage all the time. :)

[edit]
I'm not sure about natures boon in regard of charge generation. It would take me 156 seconds until I could use my Vinktars again, if I assume my only flask generation is natures boon. I feel the only good thing about natures boon is the reduced damage taken (elemental) and 20% chance of a free flask use... but this feels wonky to me.

You must be hitting some hard liqour when doing that math.
20 stacks=20 hits/sec @ 30% critchance = 6 crits/sec.
Master surgeon gives you a flaskcharge on crit with 10% chance!
so crits/sec = 6*0,1 = 0,6 charges/sec. No wonder no one can keep the charges anymore. Pathfinder is deadish nowadays.. sry to say(played and loved BV pathfinder too)
i even tried a high crit version with 85% crit, but the refill singletarget is still waaaay to slow.(wich is 2,5 times as much crit = 1,5charge/sec. a pot usually doesn't last longer then say 6 sec. in wich you gain 9 charges IF u constantly hit the target at max stacks. = RIP pathfinder)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
"
etofok wrote:
"
5.5k HP pool. 1.3k mana pool. 5L with BV + Spell Echo + Added Fire + Controlled Destr + Phys to Light (I don't have a conversion Vinktar). 10k BV dmg with Hatred on.

Uber Izaro is destroying me in the last phase. No matter what I try. When flasks are out you need to keep running like a chicken through the room waiting for the adds to spawn. In the meantime, you have to keep an eye on Izaro and other on the traps. Feel like the crits are not recharging the flasks the way I thought it would. For Uber Lab I'm running 2 instant recovery life flasks, Vinktar, Quicksilver and a Mana flask.

Izaro being so aggressive leaves you few opportunities to charge BV and the CoH BV setup is unreliable. In a fight where the boss can 1 shot you it's really difficult to maintain stacks.

Here's my updated gear:

no wonders you are getting destroyed, you need basalt + granite flasks at the very least to improve your physical mitigation from like 5% or whatever you have to 87%+.

Let me put it that way: you receive 95% of the damage with 5% armor and you receive 13% of the damage with 87% armor. Equip conc effect instead of PtL. You also can get something like lightning coil 5L (~1ex) if you are really really struggling for some reason.

Yeah, Basalt and Granite Flask (of Iron Skin) are very important. Get surgeon's on both so you can refill the flasks through crits. You should be able to keep them up damn near 100% and face tank, just avoid traps.
"
etofok wrote:
"

Here's my updated gear:

Better to change some of those flasks like etofok says. More mitigation would help a lot. But where would he get enough life leech against Izaro if he doesn't use PtL? I'd change Controlled Destruction as it lowers crit rate which means more charges. His problem seems to rather be running out of flask charges. Also I'd check your belt as that matters a lot. Get increased duration and reduced charges needed on belt then it'll be better. That damage is more than enough to deal with Uber Izaro. And have surgeon on some of the flasks.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Last edited by Iceclad on Sep 12, 2016, 1:37:34 AM
If someone has troubles keeping "infinite" flask charges then there are tricks to handle that. Not all of them are needed. So adapt as you like.

Get increased duration:
- can get up to 48% from tree
- belt can get 20% (or Retch 60%)
Let's say without Retch and having a 12% belt you get 60% of increased duration. That's 7,68 seconds for a basic flask.

Get reduced flask charges used:
- Can get up to 15% from tree
- belt can get 20%
This is important as you can get 3 sips from a flask.

Those together are 20 seconds of flask uptime per flask (depends on flask and not with non-legacy Vinktar).

Next try to have at least 1 Surgeon flask as that can fill itself from crits. Rest will be filled with Master Surgeon.

Nature's Boon helps also as every 5th try will not consume charges. Also that 1 charge every 3 seconds does a bit.

Rest is about getting enough crit rate (if struggling against bosses try Increased Critical Strikes instead of Controlled Destruction). Most bosses have adds to help in any case and most Pathfinders do have a high increased flask charge generation already.

Then there's always the case of using only 4 of the most important flasks and leaving 5th flask for emergencies. That way you only have to fill 4 flasks instead of 5.

Personally I don't run out of charges with this kind of tricks.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Let's do a real calculation for a crit CI PF BV build:
55% crit with Controlled Destruction and 5 Power charges, 65% without CD.
Flask Charges gained = 1.3/sec
50% Increased flask charges gained (40% Tree, 10% Pathfinder)
1.3*1.5 = 1.95/sec
Nature's Boon (Affected by IFCG) = .33*1.5 = .495
Total flask charges gained = 2.445/sec
20% Unique Flask = 4.8sec Duration
68% Increased flask duration (48% Tree, 20% Belt)
4.8*1.68 = 8.064
8.064*2,445 = 19.716
Charges Used (20% reduced charges used belt):
80% Vinktar's = 48/60
Rest = 24/60

Basically, you can keep everything up except for Vinktar's for a pretty long time. This is assuming 100% single target. There's usually adds to get charges off and you can always TP, refill and come back.

If you really want perma Vinktar's you could use 2 Vinktar's I guess...
Last edited by Sanctumxz on Sep 12, 2016, 2:35:25 AM
Hey man! Im starting your build in EHC. I have about 4ex to spend on items and was wondering what items should i buy first? Was thinking about Vinktar, Rumis, Essence Worm abd Perhaps Divinarius or the Unique Shield. That should be around 4 4.5 exalts all together and just leave the Carcass Jack and Taste of Hate for the end.

EDIT: Shit i just realized the Vinktar you are using is about 4 exalts, do i need to buy that one or can o go for other versions and how would this affect the build?

Last edited by JerryVoy on Sep 12, 2016, 5:46:22 AM
"
Harmona wrote:
"
pailarkhan51 wrote:
"
When you were using Eclipse Solaris Crystal Wand.... What Gems did you have in it.

I bought it but never used it. i blew a load of chromes trying to get the right links, and in the end, as long as you are resist capped you can normally push though with mediocre gear to lvl 72, when i can get the dagger.

I am not dying a lot, but i have been down this route before, where the build starts strong and the dps is awesome, but you die all the time endgame and con not lvl or gear up past a certain point.

Its clear that the unique flasks are the key to surviving in this build but i will need to farm low to mid tear maps for quite a while unless i get lucky. a Taste of hate is like 4.5ex and the other 2 unique are about 65-80c which is about an ex anyway(not sure of exact exchange atm). In either case i wont be using them for some time.

I cant use blasphemy as part of this builds power is the clear mind duel which requires me to reserve no mana.

Anyway, i was wondering if this build always generated just 1-2 charges or if this is the result of the changes to triggers.

I am not sure what is your problem with trigger gems since this build is using none except the CWDT - Chaos Golem - Tempest Shield setup, which is unaffected by trigger gems changes.

I think you are forgetting the fact that this build uses a 2nd Blade Vortex setup to generate power charges via PCOC and to curse Warlord's Mark for the LEECH. NOT the endurance charges. Endurance charges are a plus. You NEED the leech from Warlord's Mark as it is your only source of leech until you buy a Vessel of Vinktar (flask).

I am guessing YOU not having enough LEECH is what is killing you, not the lack of endurance charges. With a Basalt + Granite flask setup (like the OP is using) you should have enough physical mitigation to make endurance charges redundant.

Until you get your hands on a Vessel of Vinktar, I advice you not to forget about your BV setup for cursing packs / generating power charges (this should be UP always), and to have quick fingers to use an instant life flask you should be always wearing.

The problem is, the Charges are NOT a bonus, they keep me alive. This build is touted as a good starting build for leagues, but its not really. The reason is, it relies on your flasks to survive. Now if i had Rumi's, Vinktar and taste i would not have the trouble, but right now i need about 8 EX to buy those, and i don't have 1 ex yet. I am using the same pre pot set up as author, and i just did Cole in merc lun. I had all my pots up, Warlords up and Cole killed me in ONE HIT.....no time for quick fingers, and i even pre-HP potted........

When i went back i used cry to get my 3 charges and although he still hit hard, i had time to pot though it. So, until i get those fancy flasks, this build is very rippy for anything that hits hard or crits high. Remember, there is no mitigation in the build, it comes VIA flasks and leeching.
"
This build is touted as a good starting build for leagues, but its not really.

Pathfinder BV is the most faceroll build there is. You literally just buy granite + basalt for 5c each, 6L body armor for like 25c, a decent belt and that's it. You won't be able to farm 4 key uber on hard days, but you should be able to go through Uber for the ascendancy point on like 1ex worth of gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info