RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

is this uber atziri viable? along with uber lab and such. Also with the new voidheart id imagine it would benefit this build in some way?
Last edited by Dark676 on Jun 14, 2016, 9:47:55 PM
"
Dark676 wrote:
is this uber atziri viable? along with uber lab and such. Also with the new voidheart id imagine it would benefit this build in some way?

Hi. The only 2 bosses I have left to try on this build are Core and Uber Atziri. Haven't tried either yet but I'm sure I can do them once I get back to my PC (I've been playing on a tablet the past few months so I lag a lot hehe). I'm confident I can do Uber with a few customizations.

Uber lab is fine.

Voidheart is interesting but doesn't have much damage and this build doesn't really use bleed or poison since we oneshot the vast majority of content in the game. Res are also tight on this build
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 15, 2016, 6:23:33 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Dark676 wrote:

Hi. The only 2 bosses I have left to try on this build are Core and Uber Atziri. Haven't tried either yet but I'm sure I can do them once I get back to my PC (I've been playing on a tablet the past few months so I lag a lot hehe). I'm confident I can do Uber with a few customizations.

Uber lab is fine.

Voidheart is interesting but doesn't have much damage and this build doesn't really use bleed or poison since we oneshot the vast majority of content in the game. Res are also tight on this build

thanks for the quick reply, currently saving up to try this build out. just wanted to know its end game ability.
"
Dark676 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Dark676 wrote:

Uber lab is fine.

thanks for the quick reply, currently saving up to try this build out. just wanted to know its end game ability.

It's definitely endgame viable. I thought going life ev melee with Abyssus would be suicide but I've been very surprised with how much content I can do with this build. Thanks to the high freeze ability, dps, fast life regen from flasks, and high damage avoidance.

Ofc I always preface that this is not a tank build, so you CAN take serious damage if you are not careful - but that's why I love melee it's risky and exciting.

But there are many fun changes you can do to the build, and I'm happy to help if you want a customized version of this build for your own style. My goal was to try and do end-game bosses so that is how I have made the default build.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 15, 2016, 3:08:40 PM
Currently trying out the build, currently lvl 68, hit about 350k on a 5L with melee splash with flask and charges up. My only issue is the low life i have, still have scion life to pick up and some resists to sort out. The build is a bunch of fun, even tho i sometimes get randomly oneshot xD
"
zeblol wrote:
Currently trying out the build, currently lvl 68, hit about 350k on a 5L with melee splash with flask and charges up. My only issue is the low life i have, still have scion life to pick up and some resists to sort out. The build is a bunch of fun, even tho i sometimes get randomly oneshot xD

Hi buddy thanks for trying the build. Since you are already at 350k DPS so early you can customize and add Fortify as your 6L and then just spec defensive nodes for level 69+ plus.

I'm curious - which skill are you using?
Hello,
I've already done a raider in this league but as more rigwald's curse appear in Prophecy I might take a shot at another class to do this build.

So maybe I'm a bit out of the topic here, but as you go crit, what do you think of the Inquisitor (IB or IC combined with P2L) or Assassin, based on power charges instead of frenzy ?
Assassin's tree could be more or less the same, for Inquisitor probably a high armour/high HP version using the marauder area (but then, no idea how to mitigate the ele reflect damage...)

Also what do you think of juggernaut as a pure defensive options ? Juggernaut would negate the abyssus with high armor, improved fortify, and the accuracy+attack speed node is a good cheap boost to a crit build, but I really don't know how much DPS you would lose for all this.

A last question, what about vaal pact ?

Thanks, and great guide !
"
Ningishzida wrote:
Hello,
I've already done a raider in this league but as more rigwald's curse appear in Prophecy I might take a shot at another class to do this build.

So maybe I'm a bit out of the topic here, but as you go crit, what do you think of the Inquisitor (IB or IC combined with P2L) or Assassin, based on power charges instead of frenzy ?
Assassin's tree could be more or less the same, for Inquisitor probably a high armour/high HP version using the marauder area (but then, no idea how to mitigate the ele reflect damage...)

Also what do you think of juggernaut as a pure defensive options ? Juggernaut would negate the abyssus with high armor, improved fortify, and the accuracy+attack speed node is a good cheap boost to a crit build, but I really don't know how much DPS you would lose for all this.

A last question, what about vaal pact ?

Thanks, and great guide !

Hi bud, thanks for checking out the guide.

Bottom-line I would say you can definitely make Inquisitor/Juggernaut/Assassin work. Also the Duelist Ascensions can work. But I really believe Raider is the most efficient.

Inquisitor would definitely be awesome to build for the crit and elemental bonuses. Even if you were not using full-conversion IB or IC you still do a lot of elemental damage on this build - for example with Frenzy my highest damage source is actually lightning and cold, with the lowest damage coming from phys.

Unfortunately, the tree is very hard to do for Templar. If you build more on the Templar/Marauder side you will miss getting claw nodes, Acros, frenzy nodes, crit clusters, as well as dex and accuracy node clusters - which are all key parts of this build for damage and defense.

My guess is you will take a significant DPS reduction (even factoring in Inquisitor buffs), but will have better life and more mitigation. You would have to build for high blocks instead of high dodge which will take more points as well.

The other option is to just do the main tree on Templar and just shift start by the shortest route (9 points) - then I think you will have better DPS. You will have to remove 9 points from the base tree which is probably 8 points from the claw wheel and maybe 1 dps or 1 flask node somewhere, so you can use those points to connect to Templar start instead.

Same would apply for Juggernaut as what I wrote above for Templar except you are trading more DPS for more defense, but could still work well.

Assassin is definitely a great class for the high crit bonus on first hit (Ambush) and the power charge bonuses. The only downside is we do not really get many power charges so you will need to lose at least 2 frenzy charges to get 2 power charges (bandit + Ascension), and then you will have to shift your strategy to maintaining power charges (since you are investing in power charge bonuses) by using PCOC or Skyforth to make sure you don't lose power charges 1v1 vs bosses.

To be honest I don't think Assassin is worth it - Ranger start is very nice for the exra life, and Raider is just a perfect fit for this build; also Diamond flask has been fantastic to use making me crit nearly all the time.

Vaal Pact: I did try this for a bit but it honestly was not that impressive since you need a good amount of leech %. Even using the life leech gem didn't feel great, unless you hit a big pack of monsters.

To make Vaal Pact worthwhile you would need to use VoV -> for some very nice high instant leech since lightning damage is our highest source of damage. VoV is also perfect for Raider who can get ele status immunity.

However, for me I'm finding my life flasks give me such fast regen (see Vinktar Square boss fight vid) that I do not need instant leech. Being able to regen to full life extremely quickly without being in combat is great, however it's a personal choice so I can see some people preferring to go Vaal Pact with VoV.

great build!! i like it

can i ask how to get 9 FCs???

and what's P2L????

sorry my english is not good
"
great build!! i like it

can i ask how to get 9 FCs???

and what's P2L????

sorry my english is not good

Thanks bud, I get 9 FCs from:
Base: 3
Tree: 2
Ascension: 1
Darkays: 1
Corruption on Darkrays: 1
Bandit (Help Kraityn Merciless): 1

P2L is Physical to Lightning gem for massive damage gain, as well as shock on crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info