RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
FloopiFloop wrote:
sup did you try uber atziri and shaper? with this damage it looks like it will be easy
now for me im playing on essence so no legacy gear do you think its possible to do uber and shaper without legacy gear? and how should my skill tree be at level 70-80?
also what do you think about adding warchief totem

Hi bud, this build is not reliable to do Uber or Shaper. You will need to have mad skillz with Flame Dash because these fights involve a lot of manual dodging. I plan to try Uber Atziri soon if I can figure out how to deal with the regular mob packs - I'll probably have to use Ice Crash and Decoy Totem. Unfortunately they hit too hard (both ranged and melee mobs) and we can't use Ondar's Guile like the old days. In terms of doing the individual bosses (Uber Vaal, Uber trio, Atziri) I believe I won't have any issues, it's just the regular mobs that are a HUGE pain to deal with.

Anyway, I do not recommend this build if you want to farm Shaper/Uber Atziri

Shaper and the other T16s bosses have extremely high HP - you cannot one-shot or freeze these guys. Most of them have phases as well which is extremely annoying. GGG is forcing players to have a prolonged fight with these T16 bosses, which hurts a lot of builds that cannot sustain flasks - which is pretty much every build except Blade Vortex. Either that or you will have to TP in and out to refill flasks multiple times.

Anyway, I'll probably try the new T16 Vaal Temple map but the other T16s I'll just wait to try until they get cheaper.

gottcha goddam thats why everybody is playing blade vortex man fuck that well thanks and good luck :D maybe you will somehow be able to do thos bosses and then i will punch them in the face too XD
im pretty bummed, i got my rigwalds and now i dont wann play the build. so if anyone needs ill sell you mine haha
I will be trying a modified version of this build as a duelist champion for perma fortify and a pretty decent damage boost, I'll post results but I'm hoping it will make T16 and Shaper possible even if it will be a reduction in damage.

The plan is to link warchief with frenzy, ice golem, then multistrike and alter your 6 link with infernal blow. Idea is to grab about 7 - 8 frenzy charges using frenzy then going at the boss with infernal blow. Rinse and repeat.
"
I will be trying a modified version of this build as a duelist champion for perma fortify and a pretty decent damage boost, I'll post results but I'm hoping it will make T16 and Shaper possible even if it will be a reduction in damage.

The plan is to link warchief with frenzy, ice golem, then multistrike and alter your 6 link with infernal blow. Idea is to grab about 7 - 8 frenzy charges using frenzy then going at the boss with infernal blow. Rinse and repeat.

Hi Im already in the middle of testing a champ dualist I'm lvl 68 with an amazing amount of survivability using 6l frenzy for single target and 4l shield charge for dodging and some aoe clear look on page 12 and 13 for skill tree and gear

Last edited by VsDreaMz on Sep 14, 2016, 3:35:21 PM
"
VsDreaMz wrote:
"

Hi Im already in the middle of testing a champ dualist I'm lvl 68 with an amazing amount of survivability using 6l frenzy for single target and 4l shield charge for dodging and some aoe clear look on page 12 and 13 for skill tree and gear

I feel the build you have is more geared towards a HC league even with abyssus. What I'm hoping for is moderate survivability while keeping a lot of the intended damage. Although I won't know for sure until I actually get the necessary items all together. I plan to use shield charge only as a way to move around and never use it for clearing.
Hi everyone !

Im a little bored of doing bow rangers now since i do alot of them in past leagues. So Im very interesting in this build. But im curious about which chest is best in slot for survive? Im focused on Belly, Lightning Coil, and Kintsugi. Belly was #1 priority in my oppinion when the build provide not much +life pool. But Coil and Kintsugi have thier place in some situations ( like some hits that make ur HP down from 5k to 0 in less than 1 second when u just only entered the boss room or when lagging / and we use Abyssus which will hurts a lot).So anyone has any suggestion on those chest armour?

Tks #Ceryneian for release an unique and strange build for us!
Last edited by levinh07 on Sep 16, 2016, 1:30:07 AM
"
levinh07 wrote:
Hi everyone !

Im a little bored of doing bow rangers now since i do alot of them in past leagues. So Im very interesting in this build. But im curious about which chest is best in slot for survive? Im focused on Belly, Lightning Coil, and Kintsugi. Belly was #1 priority in my oppinion when the build provide not much +life pool. But Coil and Kintsugi have thier place in some situations ( like some hits that make ur HP down from 5k to 0 in less than 1 second when u just only entered the boss room or when lagging / and we use Abyssus which will hurts a lot).So anyone has any suggestion on those chest armour?

Tks #Ceryneian for release an unique and strange build for us!

Hi bud, thanks for checking out the build. I think LC is great, but fitting resistances is too hard. Kintsugi I haven't tried yet but would also be a nice option. However, I did try and make a tankier version with Kaom's chest. I posted a few back and I have copied it below:

Basically I got above 5k life, ~400k DPS, then I added Arctic Armor, and Vaal Pact too (which is ridiculous with Vessel of Vinktar):

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Been working on some updates and when I saw that a Kaom's chest is going for about 15 chaos - 1ex - I had to try it on this build.

Since the damage is so high already you can switch to Kaom's Heart and run your main attack on a 4-L and still hit absurd DPS.

- Frenzy 4L was giving me 560k DPS
- 500hp Kaom's Heart gets me to 5.2k life (compared to 3.8k life with no chest -> 4.4k life with Belly). I think with 1000hp Kaom's I could get to 6.5k.

Then I wanted to add Arctic Armor as well for some phys mitigation (was planning to incorporate ECs into the build but didn't get a chance).

I didn't want to drop Hatred or Assassin's Mark on Blasphemy, so I had to run Enlighten level 3 and get ~12-13% reduced mana from the tree. So I dropped 8 points from the claw circle and got the reduced mana between Ranger and Shadow. This saved me an extra point so I used that point on Vaal Pact.

Tree:

This allowed me to run Hatred + Assassins Mark on Blasphemy + Arctic Armor.

However taking out the claw nodes dropped me to 390k damage or so.

Then with Raider full Avatar of the Veil you are immune to shock when Phasing, and you are always Phased at maximum frenzy charges. So using Frenzy skill allows you to use VoV and be immune to ALL elemental status ailments. This gives a massive boost to survivability when combined with Vaal Pact for high instant leech.

With this new tanky version, by changing 8 points on tree, I really liked it because the damage was still high and the defenses were VERY good:

Kaom's Build Profile:
- 5.2k life on regular Kaom's (6.5k on legacy)
- ~400k AOE DPS 4L Frenzy (Frenzy + MPD + Melee Splash + Multistrike)
- Arctic Armor (damage mitigation and chill of nearby enemies)
- High dodges (64%, 40%) and high blocks (48%, 19%). Add in Vaal Grace for max dodges (or quartz), and add in Stibnite for superb defense against attacks
- High lightning damage and Vaal Pact for crazy instant leech
- Ele status immunity

To use VoV you can swap Taste of Hate, thus VoV will still serve as a damage+defense flask like Taste of Hate.

If you prefer to have high mitigation you can keep Taste of Hate to combine with Arctic Armor, and just swap Lion's Flask or the Diamond flask for VoV.

Res may be a bit tight so you may need to grab the extra fire res node at Scion or take out a Puglist jewel and add another jewel with life and res.

Thanks to the 8-point Ascension: you can play very defensive on Raider and get the Phasing path + Onslaught path.

- Phasing path will give you more dodges and ele status immunity
- Onslaught path will give you more EV%. May be ideal to use Rotgut or a Silver flask to keep your Onslaught buff up.

With just Blind from Stibnite I hardly ever get hit by regular monster packs, so combining Blind with the more % EV from Avatar of the Chase - is a bit ridiculous.

Note!: this Kaom's version is much nicer for feeling safer on mapping, but it is NOT necessarily safer for killing bosses. I still prefer the higher-DPS version for boss killing as the damage is more than twice as high so you spend half as much time tanking the bosses and it makes most T14 and below bosses trivial.

Then if you add Fortify and Decoy totem you'll be good to go

The other option if you want more tankiness is to build a different Ascension i.e. Champion or Gladiator.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 16, 2016, 5:14:13 AM
Hi!

Tks for ur respond, I will stick with ranger first, very helpfull for me. I checked Belly price today and i was "wow"... 10ex for 6linked good roll one in Essence League. I might probably go for kaom's version first since it much more cheaper than belly and i already got 8ex for all gear stuffs required. Then I would spec into high-damage version later when its (belly) price go down. Do you think its possible or i stuck somewhere else?

And two more things:
- is it important to get Taste of Haste or VoV ? I never used them before (im just a casual player, have a bit knowledge about the game but not all the mechanics).
- Will a 800% FB works well ?
Last edited by levinh07 on Sep 16, 2016, 1:26:40 PM
"
levinh07 wrote:
Hi!

Tks for ur respond, I will stick with ranger first, very helpfull for me. I checked Belly price today and i was "wow"... 10ex for 6linked good roll one in Essence League. I might probably go for kaom's version first since it much more cheaper than belly and i already got 8ex for all gear stuffs required. Then I would spec into high-damage version later when its (belly) price go down. Do you think its possible or i stuck somewhere else?

And two more things:
- is it important to get Taste of Haste or VoV ? I never used them before (im just a casual player, have a bit knowledge about the game but not all the mechanics).
- Will a 800% FB works well ?

Yes that would work, I think you will probably like Kaom's version and just stick with it. But if you want to respec to Belly version and increase your DPS - it is only 8 point difference between the two trees

VoV vs. ToH on Kaom's - is a bit tricky, you see each of these flasks have both offensive and defensive capabilities:
VoV: high lightning penetration (majority of our damage is lightning with P2L) + instant leech with Vaal Pact (this assumes you do not have legacy VoV which does not need Vaal Pact to give you instant leech)

ToH: high cold damage (for greater freezes when we crit) + physical damage mitigation

For me, I never used VoV before on this build because with Belly of the Beast you get much more life recovery from your flasks - so if you roll a "Cautious" life flask like I use, then whenever you go below 35% HP you get SUPER FAST regen when you use the life flask.

And I also preferred to have more cold and phys mitigation.

HOWEVER, with Kaom's you do not get the boost to your life flasks like with Belly, so your life flask will not give you as much life. So VoV may be a better choice.

With the amount of lightning damage we do on crit - VoV + Vaal Pact will give you full HP instantly on your crit attacks.

So really up to you bud, you can't go wrong with either flask, but I would recommend VoV for Kaom's version since we get so close to Vaal Pact (just 1 point away) we might as well use it.

Yes 800% FB works well, you will have lower DPS #s than what I got on the Kaom's version, but since you are focusing on tankiness it is not a big deal.

EDIT: Also if you want to get VoV get the one with Lightning Penetration.

PS - maybe as a cheap alternative you can try Atziri's Flask with Vaal Pact if you find VoV too expensive but still want nice instant leech. You will get less leech ofc, but Atziri's flask gives higher damage than Taste of Hate.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 17, 2016, 5:07:17 AM
Tks again for explained very details. Haha i was lucky to get my Belly with a good roll 6ex yesterday, so im gonna try both version!

Im thinking of spent some regrets on my current bow ranger (lv 90), or make a new char instead. And now i understand how flasks performance like ToH or Vov ( didnt know why those were too expensive). I will continue report status, and try... as much as I can to reach T16s with this build.XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info