Someone logged into my account

They took stuff from one char (my highest lvl HC char), all my currency items from the bank, and my uniques.

But no other character is missing anything, which leads me to believe it was accidental. Someone might have logged into my account while trying to log into their own. Or it was just a dumb hacker. Whatever the case... this sucks.
Last edited by Scully on Feb 18, 2013, 7:36:14 AM
Hi, (i "spamm" it here too trying to reach as much people as possible)
i am here trying to help you a little bit, want to keep it short.
1. I assume no of you would ever use any 3partysoftware.
2. I never got hacked but alot, really alot, of my friends got in (D2)/D3 and other games. Its nearly always the same, for me i see the pattern and it works fine for 10 years or more.

Here are the facts:

-Most of my friends have not that big clue of computers
-Iam using no antivirprogramm
-Iam using only “spybotsearch&destroy” with his immunity tool
- For poe and (d3) i use unique passwords (the rest is all one password <-notgood i used this password two weeks in D3 its relativ simple i changed it as i saw these 10.000+ hacked acc in d3forum and cause my friends got hacked)
- I never search anything about this games in the www
- have disabled all addons in mozilla except Flash(shockwave) you need it for utube
- have disabled java since it got realesed
- only one Browser (mozilla)
- dont use "save password" in poe // delete the hash out of the .ini
- dont type password there is one other possiblity to do it(takes long but efficent)// clear cache after

I ll tell how it can work, if u havent java (others) disabled:

you go on google search maybe “poe builds” > klicking on one website like the biggest communitysites for the game > your browser loading the website > Account gone > you got hacked > you scanning you pc for trojs... You find nothing(no antivir can save you here)

And GGG i hope there comes the possiblity to use authenticators, this can help alot with them none of my friends got hacked again some still use java and these got hacked in one other game later. So for me its clear. Maybe this post helps u guys.

To GGG give us authenicators, i give you my money, this game is great,
Keep up the good work!
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
Last edited by kappikarpfen on Feb 18, 2013, 7:55:37 AM
Okay, looks like more than my account got hacked tonight. If it was the site itself that got hacked,I really hope GGG rolls back our accounts or give us something as compensation.
Last edited by Scully on Feb 18, 2013, 7:40:44 AM
LOL this kappikarpfen is funny. Your password is currently being saved in your config file. firefox + noscript if you think you are getting pass sniped. Also smart people letting browsers auto save logins
make one search with "spybotsearchanddestroy" post results here pls ! and dont tell me he found nothing cause he will ;D
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
"
diredusk wrote:
LOL this kappikarpfen is funny. Your password is currently being saved in your config file. firefox + noscript if you think you are getting pass sniped. Also smart people letting browsers auto save logins

Yes you are right, my post is just one part you can do to secure your account.
extracting the saved password istnt that easy like it is with java and u still need some other informations about your vcitim to do it or he is infected by a troj.
Last edited by kappikarpfen on Feb 18, 2013, 7:52:21 AM
all of these hacked threads really makes me think about the security of the game.
since the password is saved in a config file. i dont really feel safe by using the feature of remember password in the game.

i really want a dev/mod to clarify this issue, and also the dc-ing while changing instance in the game.
i edited my first post
Spybot only found low lvl threats, the normal browser tracker cookie kind. Nothing to indicate I was hacked through spyware etc.
Last edited by Scully on Feb 18, 2013, 8:30:59 AM
"
kappikarpfen wrote:
"
diredusk wrote:

Yes you are right, my post is just one part you can do to secure your account.
extracting the saved password istnt that easy like it is with java and u still need some other informations about your vcitim to do it or he is infected by a troj.

I'm scanning with various malware tools right now. I think it unlikely I have a Trojan I run my browser in a sandbox. There has obviously been a 'wave' of attacks not that that means anything. I did have 'save password' selected, i know sloppy but i am confident in my security. for the life of me I can't think hiw they could get that file off my system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info