[2.5] HC Firestorm Hierophant (Dual-Curse, Cheap, Beginnerfriendly, Atziri Down)

yeah i feel like on the rigth side u take some nodes that give 3% life and big es, which is a bit wasted because you dont need the es and the life % is so low.
"
Krigro wrote:
yeah i feel like on the rigth side u take some nodes that give 3% life and big es, which is a bit wasted because you dont need the es and the life % is so low.

I know this sounds strange, but I get 15% Life for 4 points. I cant achieve this anywhere else on the tree. There are wheels with more Life I know, but then I need more travel Nodes.
You can get a 5link very easily and cheap nowadays...1 or 2 chaos for a white, alt/aug spam to a high life/resist, regal it and master craft another resist...With that being said, wouldn't that be better if you can't afford a kaoms? Basically would a high life chest/helm be better than a Belly?
"
You can get a 5link very easily and cheap nowadays...1 or 2 chaos for a white, alt/aug spam to a high life/resist, regal it and master craft another resist...With that being said, wouldn't that be better if you can't afford a kaoms? Basically would a high life chest/helm be better than a Belly?

If you go for a 5Link Chest, then you will miss out the Ele-Pen that you get from helmet. Therefor you need to get Firepenetration as a Sup Gem as well. So in the End I think it is just worth playing this build with a Linked Armour, if you got a 6-Link. With just a 5-Link you wont do more damage. But if you have a nice rolled Rare Chest with lots of Armour and Life+Resi, then you can also use this instead if Belly. But i think Belly will still be the better option (there is not that much %Life on tree like i want).
I'm wondering if this build can work with frostbolt & vortex?
Perhaps trigger curses on frost bombs ?
Why do you take "Pursiut of Faith" when this build doesn't take any totems?

Also, how do "Repetance" give any damage boost ? They only have a REDUCED Spell Damage and a good defense, but no modifier for damage???
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Jul 29, 2016, 11:58:58 PM
Pursuit of faith gives +4% damage per (recently) killed enemy by you or your totem. I've had this stack up to 40 times on my hierophant while mapping fast. That's 160% .

Repentance is giving iron will (strength damage bonus applies to spells). http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Will_Support
Last edited by daleyyc on Aug 2, 2016, 7:54:11 PM
Hello, can u step by step explain to me how build my acc? Im newbie in this game, i heard its not hard to use that build what u did so please help me :D
This is a real solid build, i went for the skill duration nodes instead of the right side of the tree and grabbed the %fire damage nodes above the witch's start. I also went into more curse effect and use blasphemy with enfeeble and warlords mark instead of anger.

Also, you can use a cybil's paw with 8 life gain on hit by your spells, two of them if you have dual wield block jewels, and you'll be able to get a solid 500-1600 life per second from life gain on hit alone when fighting a single target, more with more firestorms down, way more with lots of enemies on screen. I found that this in tandem with life leech from warlords mark, the occassional endurance charges (which vastly increase the duration of immortal call, using a CWDT setup with that + inc duration in one claw) and putting the blasphemy curses in your gloves works really really well.

An amazing build to start a league with, just pick up firestorm and echo/faster casting as soon as possible and you can just roll over everything once you get your ascendancy and have that 20% penetration going.

Also, something i think you neglected to mention, you can make a flame totem setup in your boots which roughly doubles your total dps by allowing you to drop 3 flame totems that have life leech, you can also use that to deal with reflect mobs/maps. extremely capable build, i'm running 5k life with crap gear, belly of the beast, rime gaze and repentance. I'm going to pick up a kaom's heart and doryani's fire belt and see how easy atziri is, seems like it'll be a cakewalk.

9/10, really like it, wish it cleared a little faster but it sure does offer tons of survivability and requires almost no gear investment, very solid build for starting the next league.
First off, thanks for posting a build that doesn't start with "Required Items: <insert 10+ex piece of gear>..."

This is an ele build and you don't have your weapon slot committed to anything, so there's an item that ought to be mentioned somewhere here-

Even 2 days into a new league, it's 1alch. Put a cold spell in it and you have another effectively six-linked spell, that utilizes Rime Gaze's increased cold damage. Maybe something like Arctic Breath for dropping chilled ground, to keep mobs in the firestorms longer and reap the defensive benefit. You could also make a case for just grabbing a rare wand with 100+ increased fire/spell damage, though...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info