[2.5] HC Firestorm Hierophant (Dual-Curse, Cheap, Beginnerfriendly, Atziri Down)

Introduction

Welcome to my Firestorm Hierophant build guide. For me, I wanted to do this build, because it is realy cheap to get started, especialy in a new League. The other fact is, that i don't have the luck to get 5 or 6-Links. Maybe I don't praise Kuduku so much, but yeah that is how it is. So for all of you who cant get more then a 4-Link. I got you covert with this guide.

This build works because of the effectiv 7-Link we get in our helmet. We use Rime Gaze. Therefor we get a 5 Link plus the 20% Elemental Penetration from Hierophant plus Iron Will through Repentance.
For Defence we need a high Life Pool as well as good Armour that we boost with our Flask Setup to get good Physical Mitigation.

Passive Skill Tree

Spoiler

Level 86 Tree

For the Tree we focus on Life, Elemental Damage and Firedamage. Also important are the Increased AOE Clusters. In our helmet we are using Conc-Effekt to get the extra Damage. But with no AOS nodes this would reduce the Clearspeed alot. So with all the AOE nodes our Firestorm is hitting in a wider Area to increase the Clearspeed.

Level 100 Tree

At higher Levels I would take the Skill Effect Duration Notes as well. They are realy strong and basicly a More Multiplayer to our Damage. We can stack more Firestorm and therefor do way more Damage. For my char i didnt take it right now, because the Damage is good anyways and I didnt want to waste my passiv points to travel to the Skill effect duration notes and rather spec into Life.

As Ascendancy Class I take Hierophant (obvious). The notes I took are Illuminated Devotion for the Ele-Pen on our Helmet and the Inc-AoE on the gloves. The other 4 Passives are hard to decide. I went for Divine Guidance for the 10% MoM effect, which bost the effective Life Pool for a bit. But I didnt went for Sanctuary of Thought basicly because I dont have any way to help my ES to get full again. So I specced my last 2 points in Pursuit of Faith for the extra Damage boost.

For your Bandits you want:
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Passive Point
Merciless: HC: Oak / SC:Passiv Point or Frenzy Charge if you can get them

Items

Spoiler

Helmet

Spoiler

Rime Gaze is the best in-slot and the only needed item cause of the Conc-Effekt. Sure u dont get the Bonus from the Cold Damage, but the only alternativ would be Geofri's Crest. But for more Damage you want Rime Gaze.

Gloves

Spoiler

If you can get the needed Attributes with all your other items, then Rependance will provide a good Damage boost. Also because the 306 str are needed, you will be forced to get more str and therefore more Life.
If you can't get the needed Attributes, then just use some Rare Gloves with Armour, Life, Str, Resist.

Boots

Spoiler

Here you can use some Rare Boots wirh Armour, Life, Strength, Resist and Movespeed

Body Armour
Spoiler

Belly is a good item that provide All Resist and a high amount of Life. Also this item is the budget Version for the build. You dont need to Link it at all and can ignore all the Links and Sockets on this Item.

Another Budget alternative would be a High Armour Rare Chest with hight Life Roll.

If you have the money for it. Then go for Kaom's Heart. It is so good for this build because of the high Life and the Damage that this item provides.

Shield

Spoiler

Here you can decide what your prefer. I went with a High Armour Rare shield with Life and Stregth. But you can also go Damage with an ES Bases Shield with Spell Damage and Life. It is up to you.

Misc

Spoiler

For Belt, Amulet and Rings, just fill out the needed stats. What you need are Resistence (135 in Hideout or 169 in Hideout for Ele-Weakness Maps) Strength (306 for Repentance) and Life as high as possible. Other good Stats are Cast Speed and Fire/Spell Damage or Mana.

Flasks

Spoiler

Beside the Life Flask, these are the ones I use. Against Reflect i need the Ruby Flask. The Granit Flask is for the Extra Amour but can be swapped out for a Taste of Hate. I prefere a Sulfur Flask as well because of the Damage, the 4% Lifereg and the High Duration Bleed imunity.

Weapon

Spoiler

To be able to use Whirling Blades, you can use a Dagger with Hight Spell Damage and Added Damage to Spells. If you dont want to use Whirling Blades you can also go for a wand with Spell Damage, Added Damage to Spells and Cast Speed.

Jewel

Spoiler

For Jewel you need to look for Maximum Life and some Damage Mods.
Usefull Mods are Firedamage, Spelldamage with Shield, Cast Speed or Areadamage.

Gem Setup

Spoiler

Our Main Skill goes into the Helmet because of the Conc Effekt and the 20% Penetration. What I use are:

4-Link: Firestorm- Spell Echo- Faster Casting- Controlled Destruction

In the Gloves goes the Curse Setup because of the Increased Area of Effect. Here we use:

4-Link: Orb of Storm- Curse on Hit- Flammability- Warlords Mark

Rest are:

3-Link: Whirling Blades- Faster Attacks- Fortify

3-Link: Cast on Damage Taken- Immortal Call- Increased Duration

Stone Golem, Anger, Flame Dash, Arctic Armour can be socked there-ever you got Space for it.

My Gear

Spoiler

My Stats

Spoiler

Defense/Offense in Hideout

Spoiler

Defense/Offense in Combat with Flask and Elemental Overload up

Spoiler

Atziri?

http://imgur.com/BmWfdnG

Conclusion

If u have any Question, then feel free to ask me. And be gentle, this is my first Build Guide and I hope I covered every aspect of the Build.
I also like to apologize for the mistakes you will find within the text. Feel free to ignore them as long as you still understand what I want to say.
Last edited by Kandes on Jan 16, 2017, 5:49:15 AM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2017, 10:25:24 PM
great build!
Can't open lvl 100 tree. Trying this build. Thanks.
Last edited by Zuzuexec on Mar 26, 2016, 11:06:36 PM
"
Zuzuexec wrote:
Can't open lvl 100 tree. Trying this build. Thanks.

Should work now. Good Luck =)
Looks like a really good build to start with. WOuld you start with Firestrom from the beggining or should we take a different gem to start with them move to firestorm? I'm thinking of using this build just to make my life easier since I have bad luck all the time, #feelsbadman
Is this build safe for potato computers? I play on a Thinkpad...
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Is this build safe for potato computers? I play on a Thinkpad...

I cant answer if it will work on your pc. But you can always test it. Just take a Firestorm linked with Spell Echo+Faster Casting and see if it will drop your FPS to zero.

"
Toxiin wrote:
Looks like a really good build to start with. WOuld you start with Firestrom from the beggining or should we take a different gem to start with them move to firestorm? I'm thinking of using this build just to make my life easier since I have bad luck all the time, #feelsbadman

I started leveling with Firestorm from Lvl 12. It is good from the beginning, especialy if you get Elemental Overload. Just use a Lifesprig and/or Reverberation Rod. And yes it is realy nice to start with and doing good on budget. (It is also Atziri viable, will add screen later)
Last edited by Kandes on Mar 31, 2016, 3:42:16 AM
"
Kandes wrote:
I started leveling with Firestorm from Lvl 12. It is good from the beginning, especialy if you get Elemental Overload. Just use a Lifesprig and/or Reverberation Rod. And yes it is realy nice to start with and doing good on budget. (It is also Atziri viable, will add screen later)

Thanks for the information. I saw the image. If you could add vids it would really help a lot of people to see how this build really works. Nonetheless, It is a great build. I'm working on a new char and I'm going to become a beast with this build hahaha. I really love the part where we are all unlucky with the sockets GG.
"
Toxiin wrote:
Thanks for the information. I saw the image. If you could add vids it would really help a lot of people to see how this build really works. Nonetheless, It is a great build. I'm working on a new char and I'm going to become a beast with this build hahaha. I really love the part where we are all unlucky with the sockets GG.

I know everyone likes Vid's. But i never was into this kind of stuff, but i can try if i find the time for it.
what do you think about using a "consuming dark" as weapon? could help against reflect?

love the build :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info