[2.2][ASS] The Limit Breaker - Exessive Crit (1000 Multiplier) Caster Build by Miacis

Introduction
Hello Exiles! My name is Miacis, and this is a build for crit caster I'm playing currently in Perandus Softcore. You can watch my video on youtube (I'll leave the link below) or just read it. The build itself tends to be a fun one rather than some tryhard "well-optimized Uber Atziri killer". I don't recommend this build for hardcore, it's too manly. In hardcore you're eithe pussy with Voltaxic or you're dead and this build cannot be performed as Champion class as well. Sorry hardcore players.
I will be glad to see any feedback and will try to answer to everyone! If you find a mistake or typo, I would appreciate if you PM me on that <3
This is my very first build posted here, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Pros and Cons

Pros:
Somewhat cheap before very high-end gear!
Easy progression into endgame!
Lots of damage out of shitty gear!
Atziri and endgame content viable!
Fun oneshotting gameplay!
Swag 1000 crit multi!
:)

Cons:
Ele-Reflecty mappies are no-no!
It's a caster (they are shit in general)!
Amount of HP is somewhat lacky without Jewels!
Next to zero sustain (since it's a caster)!
:(

Build Idea, Core, Mechanics and Synergies. Mandatory Uniques.

As I have said earlier, my goal was making a build with as much crit multi as it is possible, preferably going over 1k crit multi.
You will most likely be fine without that much, having around 800-900 and some flat spell damage instead.
You can use any viable spell you like with that build. "Viable" means something that is above Shield Charge level of usefulness. For example, Freezing Pulse, Spark, Flameblast etc are considered "viable". Lightning Warp is possible but might be hard. I like Arc the most since it is a lightning spell which synergises well with Herald of Thunder and Wrath.

This is a very cheap (like 1 chaos) yet probably the strongest amulet for a crit build. It gives 200% to 240% crit multi in return of making noncrit hits deal only 40% damage and cutting crit chance by 40% as well, meaning we should hardly overcap our crit chance on the tree and other gear. Also we are using Assassin as our Ascendancy class to get that sweet Deadly Infusion which gives 0.5 base crit chance per power charge.

Facebreaker finds itself in a very good places at crit builds nowadays because of its multiplier, since you can stack crit chance anyone else. Also the item 1 chaos worth.

1000 Crit Multi and DPS screenshot

Passive tree
Check my profile, you'll need character Gokusaishiki in Perandus SC https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AwakeningTheChaos/characters

Or open this link, which is direct link to the official tree.

Or copy paste this into offline skill tree builder https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXlxXn8Gtzs4w2VUuJ02HicFImlSoLFr9d8g5IEZbjhAcef8YbyA3RlS6iozBbNj3P3WND8NXB8w_ErJedqvGKSVGP-pUgO3yVh2yM6_VrFy0fuModg2KsZJ3DCbzqTLO0xfIduZPAVCBurrPQH8LsCPRqQ1AwQZbv6wW1214FQtD1jb8RDyycUUfUI36vrJjnVDfUMHyNGffXOlh0VST97T-NfeASm6FVxl8q_94j9tlfj0aD202S3YwdFI5k-tL3phZvZp62-iSq42oWQHIPNumFfVnzcYUaOMy3VymQVdV1RtcnL7FClG9mVA==

Bandits
Normal - Help Oak (40 HP)
Cruel - Kill all (skill point)
Merciless - Help Alira (+1 Power Charge)

Skill gems presets - Very important to read!

6-link - Arc (or any spell you like) - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Critical Damage - Lightning Penetration

If you are using 5-link, throw away ICS and don't use Marylene's Fallacy Amulet. Might also swap ICD with Controlled Destruction.
_____

For movement, use anything you like most: Whirling Blades, Lame Dash, Meme Warp. I'm using flame dash since I'm very used to it.
2-link Flame Dash - Faster Casting - any Golem (im using chaos, ice might be good for little bit easier cirt cap as well)
_____

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
VVVVVVVVV

4-link - Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Critical - Increased Critical Strikes - Innervate
This is our Power Charge Generator. Put it into pack of mobs and get instantly maximum of your charges. IF you're using 5-link and thus not using Marylene's Fallacy, drop Innervate for Increased Aoe for example.

^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
_____

3-Link Auras: low level Clarity (6 is enough) - Wrath - Herald of Thunder
Might also be 4L with Enlighten if you're rich guy (unlike myself ;( ) and want to have some extra free mana pool
_____

4-Link Lightning Trap - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Added Lightning or Lightning Penetration

I use this to rek single ele reflect mobs.

For Atziri
Have a Lightning Tendrls skill, swapping it with your Arc when fighting bosses. Be careful with double vaals though - I killed the first one too fast and then ripped 3 times on enraged second one... LT is very solid single target.

Current Gear, important note inside

How much you need to RMT to get all that gear
The most expensive slot here is 6-link chest which I bought white for 1 exalt (base is pretty shitty) and then alchemy-scouring spammed until decent stats. Boots are 5 chaos. Weapons are 20 chaos worth at most. All other gear self found/crafted or bought for 1 chaos. So, you don't need to sell your ass for RMT. It is a violation of terms of use anyway.

Note: Will be swapping Death Spiker to Demon Song dagger once resistances are capped >_>
Note 2: It is important to have Evasion + Energy Shield hybrid base
Note 3: That enchant on boots is a must have! Try getting them asap!

Theoretical Gear Progression
I have no Idea why I'm not using Atziri's Promise yet. Vessel of Vinktar might probably be good but it is nerfed and we don't have vaal pact soooo that 20% life leech wouldn't be as OP as it was when Vinktar was released. For weapons, ideally we would want to have ~70 spell damage, ~100 ICS for spells, 50avg Lightning damage to spells, >30 to Global Critical Strike Multiplier. Best choices for rings would be like my Diamond one, t1 life prefix is must have. Lightning damage is very good, resistances, etc.

FAQ

Q: Why use Elemental focus? You lose a lot of damage with shock debuff!
A: I am not. All targets that are not getting oneshotted can be shocked with Orb of Storms which triggers each time you cast a spell and will inflict shock on the enemy if it crits.

Q: How do I make this build HC viable/not so reflect-rippy?
A: Just take voltaxic and remove Marylene's Fallacy. Remove Lightning Penetration and use Controlled destruction. Could also remove ICD and take Faster Casting in its stead. Also don't forget to drop some crit nodes (Annihilation in particular) to not have your crit chance overcapped by a lot.
The other option is to take Ancestral bond and use dual totemes.
Last edited by AwakeningTheChaos on Apr 18, 2016, 9:23:20 AM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2017, 4:19:04 PM
Could you please update your tree so it can be viewed with the official skill tree planner?
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Could you please update your tree so it can be viewed with the official skill tree planner?

uhm ok I'll try (when I open official planner, it looks completely bricked)
Nice lightning build.

Is there any video to see dps and clearing speed?
"
4estor wrote:
Nice lightning build.

Yep, in "useful links" part there's a video guide + gameplay, just scroll forward about the half of it. I might be recording a new video with just a gameplay I think.
"
"
4estor wrote:
Nice lightning build.

Yep, in "useful links" part there's a video guide + gameplay, just scroll forward about the half of it. I might be recording a new video with just a gameplay I think.

Aw, I've just seen "... Neversink ... Neversink" and hidden it (:
Thank you for clarifying!

Edit: do not stay on corpses in Springs :D
Last edited by 4estor on Mar 30, 2016, 5:04:42 AM
"
4estor wrote:

Edit: do not stay on corpses in Springs :D

Especially with fire res not capped! xD
How do you get Gokusaishiki as a character? Im relative new to this game so i have no clue.
lol it's name of my character :D
Really nice build :)

It would be nice if you would add leveling trees.

Also when would you recommend taking Acrobatics on the tree? I am currently level 55 and I am worried I am going to get myself killed if I take it now.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info