[2.2]Kinni's Assasin CoC Quill Rain [Atziri down]

Kinni's CoC Quill Rain Assasin Build

Introduction:
Spoiler
This Build is designed to clear medium Tier(1-12) maps in softcore as fast as possible.

Pros:
-> Really high DPS
-> Relly good clearspeed
-> Can run all map mods beside Elemental reflect
-> High single and aoe Damage
-> Can easy do Atziri(maybe uber viable, not sure)
-> Fast Lab Farm build, because of the high MS and clear speed

Cons:
-> Squishy
-> Can't do elemental reflect maps
-> FPS killer in group play

Offensiv stats:

Defensiv stats:
Since we have a lot of unique Items, we need to use jewels and the Skilltree to max out resitances

Spoiler
We are using Quill Rain for the high base attack speed and projectile speed.
We need all power charges we can get, to get a high base crit chance from "Deadly Infusion".
Since our AS is insane high, the passiv Point from the Assasin "Unstable Infussion" is enought to always have max charges.

The body armour is a generic rare, with as much resistance and life as possible, since we have nearly no resistance on other gear slots beside the belt and the ring.

Our main attack is socketed in the Body armour:
Barrage + CoC + GMP + Arc + Freezing Pulse + Fireball

The reason for this combination is, when our CoC Triggers arc hits first and shocks the enemies. After this initial hit Freezing Pulse freezes the whole screen. Fireball is used because of the high base damage.

In the weapon i use a 5l at the moment:
Bloodrage + Vaal Haste + Inreased duration + Smoke mine + Enhance

Bloodrage generates us frenzy charges and gives us a lot of AS. With the unique flask "Rotgut Quicksilver Flask" we have nearly permanent Onslaught, if our kill speed is high enough. The more FC we have the loger the Onslaught buff lasts. This means, a +1 FC amulet would be the best for this Build.

Vaal Haste is also for the AS and MS. Smoke mine only for boss fights and as MS boost in maps.

Since we Attack ~ 8 Times per second and 1 attack costs 18 mana we need ~ 140 mana per second. The best way to deal with this is:

This ring gives us infinite mana + really high lifesteal to sustain Bloodrage and heal up.

On the Helmet, Gloves, Amulet and Quiver we focus on Accuracy, crit chance, crit multi, life:

I am using Blink arrow + faster attacks + culling strike + item rarity to cull bosses, this is a really funny and challenging way to do it. It also gives me time to use:

For Boots you want the Atziri Boots, to deal better with the Elemental reflect. If you can, get the %increased Attackspeed enchantment.

Skill Tree at level 90:

Current Gear at Level 90:

Spoiler

In addition to this two heralds i am using Blasphemy with Assasins mark, for the faster PC generation and the crit chance. When my Enlighten gets level 3, i will change to Haste instead of Assasin's Mark.

Bandit Quest Rewards:

Spoiler
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help Alira for +1 to maximum power charges.

Jewels:
Spoiler
I am using 2 "Volley Fire" jewels, but i am not sure if you even need it :)
The last 2 jewels i use for maxing resistances and life.

From level 1 to 28 i leveled with Firetrap, Split Arrow and Blink arrow.
Skill Tree at 35 Points:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAMeBbURLxa_G8gfQSaVKgsrCjB8Mfo2PTnURXxRR1VLXfJh4mKsbIxwUnb3fyuJ04w2jb-Xl52qoJ-0OLTFwuzjhOUZ-_U=

On Level 28 i bought a Quill Rain and changed to explosiv arrow.
At this time i was also using HoT and HoI. On your gear you aim for resistance, life and AS.
This combination should easy clear all content before maps.

Skill Tree at 60 Points:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAMeBAcFtQ3RDkgRLxGWFr8byB9BIG4j9iT9JpUqCysKLR8wfDH6Nj051EV8TLNNklAwUUdVS1XGXfJh4mKsY0NsjHBSdvd_K3_Gg9uJ04w2jX2Nv5Ugl5edqqCfoqO0OLTFwfPC7M_d0B_jhOUZ51Tv6_GK-_X_3g==

The first investments when i started maping was a tabula rasa and a tri res Quiver(usualy really cheap). When you finished Cruel Lab and got your "Deadly infusion" Skillpoint, you can change to CoC.
In your Tabula Rasa you use:
Barrage + CoC + GMP + Arc + Increased Critical Strikes + Fireball
Also try to get crit items now: Rat's Nest, Shadows and dust, Quiver, amulet.
Skill Tree at 75 Points:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAMeBAcFtQ3RDkgRLxGWFr8abBvIHwIfQSBuI_Yk_SaVKU8qCysKLR8wfDH6Nj02xTnURXxMs02SUDBRR1VLVcZd8mHiYqxjQ2u3bIxwUnb3fyt_xoKbg9uFfYnTjDaNfY2_lSCXl52qna6gn6IAoqOnCLQ4tMXB88Lsz93QH9gk4XPjhOQi5RnnVOw47SDv6_GK-_X_3g==

Now you can start to optimize your Gear, ideal would be:
-> barrage AS Rat's Nest
-> crit chance, crit multi, life, accuracy Quiver
-> crit chance, crit multi, life, accuracy Amulet with +1 frenzy
-> high projectile speed Quill Rain
-> Atziri Step's with high roll and AS if you killed recently
-> Shadow's and Dust with high rolls
-> max roll Thief'S Torment
-> Trires Belt with good life roll

Also get the Frenzy Charges from the Skilltree now.
Final Skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAMeBAcEswW1DdEOSA_EEJIRLxGWFr8abBvIHwIfQSBuIzYj9iT9JpUnLylPKgsrCi0fMHEwfDH6MjI2PTbFN9Q51DpCOq062Dt8Ps9FfEt4TLNNklAwUUdTEFVLVYVVxl3yYeJirGNDZlRo8mu3bIxtbHBSdvd_K3_GgpuD24V7hX2J04wLjDaMdo19jb-QVZUgl5edqp2unjygn6IAoqOkeKXLpwi0OLTFuMq5fL3mwGbB1cHzwuzP3dAf1CPVptgk2YbdqN744XPjhOQi5RnnVOw47LDtIO0_7-vwH_GK-_X_3g==

Spoiler
For Atziri swap your 6 Link to smth like this:
Barrage + CoC + Fireball + Freezing Pulse + 2 Custom Skill Gems

I use Barrage + CoC + Fireball + Freezing Pulse + slower Projectiles + Glacial Cascade

I think Ball Lightning would be better than Glacial Cascade.
You can't use arc, because in the split phase the arc chains to the reflect Atziri and kills you.

->https://youtu.be/DQnjcj2dMP4

Atziri:
https://youtu.be/9iP31jqqFGc
I made some mistakes at this Atziri run:
->Use Vaal Haste for duo(i used before)
->Watch the ground at Trio, i died there for no reason :)
->My freezing Pulse was lvl 14 because i traded it for a q20 at vendor, so i missed like 30% damage
->Well, i did not do Atziri in a while, you can easy dodge most of her Abilities in the fight

I did like 5 Atziri runs out of 10 without a death :)

Outro:
This is my first build guide, i hope you guys enjoy it :)
Would be awesome if you could give me some feedback, what i could do better(in my build or in the guide).

Feel free to ask questions ingame: Kinni_CoC

Excuse spelling mistakes, English is not my native language.
Last edited by Kinni on Mar 29, 2016, 6:37:04 AM
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2016, 1:48:21 AM
hey i would recommend getting an "intuitive leap jewel" to safe 4 point... for those 4 point you could/should get vaal packt and swap out a spell for life leech
i will try to get an "intuitive leap jewel", but i don'T think i will get vaal pact, since i have amazing heal already, with the 30 life on hit on thief's torment. Maybe i can get some more life in the skilltree
Last edited by Kinni on Mar 24, 2016, 7:19:50 AM
looks really decent, i am using a very similar build with the same links, but with bladefall instead of fireball

and good to see someone else is using freezing pulse, very underrated spell imo

i don'T like bladefall in this setup, because i can't run elemental reflect maps AND physical reflect if i use both physical and elemental spells
This build looks extremely fun, nice work! Will definitely try it out if I can ever get a PC that can handle CoC :(
How are you using 2 volley fire jewels?
on the right side of the tree, one near the PC and FC, one on the right bottom of the tree near the FC and life
Hello, i'm starting to have a really decent character, but how did you gather so much crit chance ? Right now i have 50% chance when i'm fully buffed. While it's working, i'm way away from your 80+% .
for leveling play with only 2 spells and increased critical strikes, to get such a high crit chance you need all charges and full crit equip :)
also focus on accuracy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info