[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

"
Vepar90 wrote:
OFC no one would not use less duration, its perfect for EQ.
But i had a friend come to me asking if Multi makes the proc time shorter cuz thats what he got from your guide. if Your swing time is an exact or just a bit over the time of the duration of EQ (0.69sec) Multi doesn't give u more procs

Dude, let me tell you something. Even with the same amount of aftershocks you'll be dealing way more damage with multistrike since you'll be hitting mobs more often -even if you don't leave a fissure-. Normal attacks deal damage too, you know.
Some of you exiles are alright. Don't go to Highgate tomorrow.
Last edited by Barentor on Apr 3, 2016, 4:53:36 PM
"
Shadow_Flash wrote:
"
Vepar90 wrote:
OFC no one would not use less duration, its perfect for EQ.
But i had a friend come to me asking if Multi makes the proc time shorter cuz thats what he got from your guide. if Your swing time is an exact or just a bit over the time of the duration of EQ (0.69sec) Multi doesn't give u more procs

Dude, let me tell you something. Even with the same amount of aftershocks you'll be dealing way more damage with multistrike since you'll be hitting mobs more often -even if you don't leave a fissure-. Normal attacks deal damage too, you know.

100% besides the point. Adding Phys to Lightning would result in more dmg aswell, so would added Cold, Fire penetration, Conc, and 30 other things. We are talking about the misrepresentation of the proc time of EQ aftershock

Because of this video and this guide i had a friend come to me saying Multistrike gives u more procs, which is not correct. Thats why im here
Last edited by Vepar90 on Apr 3, 2016, 4:58:49 PM
"
Vepar90 wrote:
Here are some Numbers if u are at all interested cuz u cant seem to understand

the base Duration of EQ is 1.5sec
adding a 20/20 less duration makes it 0.69sec
Using "Warped Timepiece" (unique amulet) adds another 12% reduced making it 0.59sec

[not sure if Rapid Decay works]

Besides those NOTHING in the game will make it proc any faster.
you can Use multistrike, FA, stack attack speed untill u attack 1 million times a sec You can NOT make EQ proc any faster (without going over 20/20 on less duration)

This is why i have a problem with this Guide. it generalizes the Multistrike situation. The only reason it procs EQ more for u when using it is because your swing time (without Multistrike) is just a little shorter than the Duration of the fissure effect of EQ. resulting in u hitting again b4 the effect procs and then it doesnt start again until the next time u hit with your EQ. What multistrike does it shortens that duration (BUT ONLY IN YOUR SITUATION)

But how u have presented it is Multistrike makes it proc more for everyone, always.

I get what you mean and I am interested. Sorry but english isnt my mothertongue!

Maybe I missspelled / confused something there, in this case thx for telling.

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
Vepar90 wrote:
100% besides the point. Adding Phys to Lightning would result in more dmg aswell, so would added Cold, Fire penetration, Conc, and 30 other things. We are talking about the misrepresentation of the proc time of EQ aftershock

Point taken. But about what you just said, I've tested out all those gems and "30 other things". The gem setup in the build gives the highest overall dps. I'm not sure why you're so against multistrike, but it's the best option out there. Try it out, use it for a while and talk again. If you still don't like it, it's your loss.

Btw if you don't actually calculate and tune your attack speed to perfectly time fissures, multistrike will most likely reduce the duration between aftershocks and fissure placement which will actually result in more aftershocks. That's probably what OP wanted to explain.
Last edited by Barentor on Apr 3, 2016, 5:10:31 PM
"
Shadow_Flash wrote:
"
Vepar90 wrote:

Point taken. But about what you just said, I've tested out all those gems and "30 other things". The gem setup in the build gives the highest overall dps. I'm not sure why you're so against multistrike, but it's the best option out there. Try it out, use it for a while and talk again. If you still don't like it, it's your loss.

im not saying its Bad...
i am just against the reason that was given and the Video at the start of the guide.
"
Vepar90 wrote:
im not saying its Bad...
i am just against the reason that was given and the Video at the start of the guide.

"
Vepar90 wrote:
Dont use Multistrike!

K
"
Vepar90 wrote:
Here are some Numbers if u are at all interested cuz u cant seem to understand

the base Duration of EQ is 1.5sec
adding a 20/20 less duration makes it 0.69sec
Using "Warped Timepiece" (unique amulet) adds another 12% reduced making it 0.59sec

EDIT: HEAD ENCHANT!!!

forgot about the head enchant, 30% or 45%
those are the most OP things ever.

Using 20/20 LD + Warped + 30% head enchant will result in 0.36sec explosion cooldown ... thats insane

but to be honest no one will use the Warped Timepiece so with only

20/20 LD and 30% head it will be 0.46sec
20/20 LD and 45% = 0.34sec
Thanks for this build!

So far i am doing extremely well with it [comparing to my riporino LA ranger :)]
OK guys, first off, read the wiki on the gem: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Earthquake before you come here trying to hang the OP for his build or comments. It clearly states that "The following gems and items reduce skill's duration: Less Duration, Rapid Decay and Warped Timepiece." Only those three items affect EQ, outside of the Ascendancy helmet enchantment.

If you apply all those to EQ (need a max rolled WT), you can get the delay of the aftershock down to 0.48 sec. Tune your attacks to 2.07 (73% +/-1 attack speed modifier). You will line up your melee attacks to the aftershocks you generate at a rate of 1:1.

With a 30% additional cooldown reduction from helmet enchantment, that number would fall from 0.48 sec to 0.36 sec. Which means you'd have to generate about 2.77 attacks per second. Still easy enough actually.

Now spam it. You'll see that through some finesse, you'll be able to generate aftershocks closer or farther apart depending on netcode and play variables.

Trying to time ASes to gauge if you are doing more isn't going to work. You have to assume that the math is the math. Either that or you better be sure the frames you're counting are controlled for.

You can't post up a video with your aftershock count unless you have math behind it. If MS is indeed increasing ASes, then the interaction between the two gems are bugged because MS affects melee attacks. It has no cooldown reduction or "reduced skill effect duration" as GGG calls it. Aftershocks are triggered by melee hits but themselves have a cooldown. The only way to increase the number of ASes is to lower this internal cooldown (realistically, no one is ever going to have a lower attack speed).

This gem is going to get a nerf anyway.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Solkan88 wrote:
Thanks for this build!

So far i am doing extremely well with it [comparing to my riporino LA ranger :)]

Hey nice to hear ur enjoying the build so far and hope you will in the future! :P

"
OK guys, first off, read the wiki on the gem: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Earthquake before you come here trying to hang the OP for his build or comments. It clearly states that "The following gems and items reduce skill's duration: Less Duration, Rapid Decay and Warped Timepiece." Only those three items affect EQ, outside of the Ascendancy helmet enchantment.

If you apply all those to EQ (need a max rolled WT), you can get the delay of the aftershock down to 0.48 sec. Tune your attacks to 2.07 (73% +/-1 attack speed modifier). You will line up your melee attacks to the aftershocks you generate at a rate of 1:1.

With a 30% additional cooldown reduction from helmet enchantment, that number would fall from 0.48 sec to 0.36 sec. Which means you'd have to generate about 2.77 attacks per second. Still easy enough actually.

Now spam it. You'll see that through some finesse, you'll be able to generate aftershocks closer or farther apart depending on netcode and play variables.

Trying to time ASes to gauge if you are doing more isn't going to work. You have to assume that the math is the math. Either that or you better be sure the frames you're counting are controlled for.

You can't post up a video with your aftershock count unless you have math behind it. If MS is indeed increasing ASes, then the interaction between the two gems are bugged because MS affects melee attacks. It has no cooldown reduction or "reduced skill effect duration" as GGG calls it. Aftershocks are triggered by melee hits but themselves have a cooldown. The only way to increase the number of ASes is to lower this internal cooldown (realistically, no one is ever going to have a lower attack speed).

This gem is going to get a nerf anyway.

You sir are killing it, again! (meant in a good way!) :)
Thanks once again for the very detailed math and clarification!
Cheers, Zahkriisos!
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info