[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

"
Dravel60 wrote:
"
You are looking at about 50 dps per point of area damage. The AD amplifies the strength of the impact (raising your total combined damage) just as stacking physical damage.

Physical damage falls a bit short of that. It's roughly about 45 dps per point (just a tiny bit less).

You are better off stacking area damage in general when you can (applies to I think every skill with AoE) as even if the values are the same (8 area dmg vs 8 physical), AD still out performs... but only by a hair.

Alright, I'll go with AD then, thanks for the clarification!

Just go for the bigger value with regards to physical vs AD. You can just think 1% AD = 1% phys. They are too close for it to matter really.
Deliver pain exquisite
Hey, im a new player and this build seems cool so I decided to re roll my tree to it. Only problem is I only have 3.5k armor and i feel like I messed it up somehow? Anyone mind going over my tree/gear and tell me if there's any thing I fucked up on? Im still learning and im not sure. Thanks!

Tree - https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBLhE0wUIBRNFHEX4RiRGjga5CFVIZAkNyb4JyAnLyz7LdIwdzkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgRrdHfk3jTjJQR1hjWfNZ_l4TXz9f0GEhYVJkUmVNZadnm2hlaPJqpXKpdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiI-KIozPkFWRzpLQl3mfPqIAouqmV6knqZSsqq4-rlCvbLc-u-28n702vqe_CMBmwKbBo8T2xq7G2M9-2L3ZfNw94mHkUeoQ6hjvDu9O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-F_46_xL_TD-Cg==?accountName=Chrisalex75&characterName=Chrisalex

Last edited by Chrisalex75 on Mar 29, 2016, 9:39:29 PM
Martial Experience is a colossal waste of nodes imo. If you want more dps, you're better off taking the melee and melee and life nodes by the base of the tree:

14% physical node by Splitting Strikes
12% physical (+10 armour and 20 str, which is another 4% physical) with Path of the Warrior
16% physical (+16 life) at base of tree

That's 48% phys to the 50% you lose in just three nodes. The attack speed is pretty irrelevant as this build is better served through raw power than speed.

Like so: Tree Link

Personally, I'd back off the two nodes for the extra endurance charge and take the remaining one from above and get Indomitable. I run 6 charges and it's more than enough. You'd lose 2% physical and a single charge, but gain more life, armour and resistance against those "oh shit" hits.

In any case, from your gear and tree, which isn't too bad, 3500 seems about right. You can't really screw this up. You equip items with high armour rating. Then profit.

If you think you should have more, then you're probably glamorized by all the screenshots in people's builds that are bumped up by flasks and whatnot. Don't ever trust those unless you know exactly how they got it and can replicate it the exact same for comparison.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Mar 29, 2016, 11:43:04 PM
Hey thanks for all the advice. My biggest upgrade right now would be to 5 or 6 link my axe right? Also would Kaoms be a big enough upgrade to warrant the cost or is belly of the beast a good enough alternative?
"
Chrisalex75 wrote:
Hey thanks for all the advice. My biggest upgrade right now would be to 5 or 6 link my axe right? Also would Kaoms be a big enough upgrade to warrant the cost or is belly of the beast a good enough alternative?

I dont know how low or high ur current budget is but even this 4L Axe would last you for a long time!
Also seeing that Disfavours are droping really fast in prices you might get one for 3.5 Ex in the next one, two or three days if ur willing to do some farming and save up ur money.

Also yes, Kaoms would be a huge upgrade to your lifepool. Keep in mind tho that you'll lose a possible gem setup wearing kaoms. If ur fine making that sacrifice for a shitton more HP, go for kaoms.

Also if you want to get more HP or dmg. first is up to you. :)

If you want more HP, get kaoms 1st, if more dmg. save up for a disfavour.

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Hello sir. Im currently playing PHC, would u say that this build is viable for hc? and would u switch to jugger?
"
Fokusera wrote:
Hello sir. Im currently playing PHC, would u say that this build is viable for hc? and would u switch to jugger?

Yes I would say that this build is indeed viable for HC.
7 end.charges + should reach about 9k HP with similar gear and a few lil changes in the tree.
I wouldnt switch to Juggernaut tho. I would keep Berserker and pick: Pain Reaver + Cloaked in Savagery (too insta leech when getting a huge scary hit) + Rite of Ruin (6% reduced dmg. taken + stun immunity if killed recently).
Keep in mind tho that picking these perks you lose ALOT of dmg. but gain awesome defensive mechanics which IMO fit really well to HC.

This would be the tree I would use if going HC:

poeurl.com/A5G

This picks up alot more life%, reduced crit + soul of steel for another "pseudo" end charge.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also "gm08872" asked me via pm:

"
"Hey sorry to bother you, i was wondering what map mods can this build not do or what does it struggle with."

To answere this for everyone:
I would avoid running no life/mana regen/no leech maps and physical reflect maps!
For ele.reflect just turn off your auras and remove added fire + wed gem in ur setup and replace them with fortify + whatever other red gem you see fits best! :)
For blood magic maps also just turn off auras.
Everything else was doable so far.
Of course there can allways be very dangerous map mod combos to watch out for like monster dmg. + vulnura + speed + bossdmg/speed and so on.... you get the point. :P

Cheers, Zahkriisos!

EDIT: Added HC tree + perks to the build!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Mar 30, 2016, 3:05:39 PM
"
Chrisalex75 wrote:

I wouldn't waste currency on your exiting axe. Save up for Atziri's and then dump your jewels and fuses to 6-L. The Hez is a leveling weapon, not an true end game weapon. And a 4-L Atziri's may actually be equivalent to a 6-L Hezmata anyway (or at least 5-L for sure).
Deliver pain exquisite
For those wondering about reflect in maps, Physical Reflect is possible by subbing Physical to Lightning for MS. It will turn your damage into about 80% elemental (fire and lightning). Your leech and tankiness can buttress you without worry.

Elemental Reflect is a lot harder to mitigate. About half our damage is physical and since we hit so hard, I personally wouldn't risk it. It can be done I'm sure if you take off Added Fire Damage but with sll th gem swapping and risk, I wouldn't bother. Roll over it or just use a different hero in your arsenal.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
For those wondering about reflect in maps, Physical Reflect is possible by subbing Physical to Lightning for MS. It will turn your damage into about 80% elemental (fire and lightning). Your leech and tankiness can buttress you without worry.

Elemental Reflect is a lot harder to mitigate. About half our damage is physical and since we hit so hard, I personally wouldn't risk it. It can be done I'm sure if you take off Added Fire Damage but with sll th gem swapping and risk, I wouldn't bother. Roll over it or just use a different hero in your arsenal.

One would have to recolour his/her weapon tho just to switch in PtL for MS which just isnt worth it at all for a single map.
Against ele.reflect tho things look alot easier by just turning off auras and droping AF + WED for the likes of Fortify and Life Leech (for example).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info