[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Although my trigger hits do pure fire and physical damage, there is a concern about making enemies resistant to lightning damage with the Ball Lightning hits. While this would likely improve single target damage, it'll require some testing to verify. It's something I could check in a couple levels.

EE is something I'm considering, but it's currently a 3 pt investment. It would probably hurt AoE clear but help single target, from my initial mechanics thoughts.

On another note, 2.4 video added on main post under videos section.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Oct 10, 2016, 9:59:26 PM
Hi Savage, great video, tnx for it. What you suggest about quality gems? What ascendancy points we get first, in what order do we get them.

Btw i finally managed to buy
, it cost me EX, so a lot of rerolling for me in next few days. Also get romira for chaos.

Also i want to know what is the cap for this build (T10, T15, Guardians...)
Tnx again for the guide bro and sorry for my rusty english.
"
ReMa86 wrote:
Hi Savage, great video, tnx for it. What you suggest about quality gems? What ascendancy points we get first, in what order do we get them.

Btw i finally managed to buy
, it cost me EX, so a lot of rerolling for me in next few days. Also get romira for chaos.

Also i want to know what is the cap for this build (T10, T15, Guardians...)
Tnx again for the guide bro and sorry for my rusty english.

Gems you want quality on:
All the gems in Mjolner (ie Discharge, Ball Lightning, Lightning Pen).
-> It's more important to have level 20 spells and light pen until the 20/20 ones are ready, so I recommend leveling 2 sets of gems so you can reset a set to 1/20 with the GCP recipe while maintaining your high level ones.

Next priority is your Blasphemy gem and Warlord's Mark. You can just reset both of these when they hit 20 without a second set.

After that is all your Faster Attacks supports (main link and movement), your GMP on your main link, and your Fortify gems on your main link and movement.

A 20q Bloodrage is more attack speed, so you want that. And Reckoning and Vengance also function better with quality. And your Increased Duration supports will also want it.

Gems you don't need quality on:
Molten Strike, Multistrike
Lightning Golem (though you can; it makes it die less)
Leap Slam, Shield Charge (again you can; it's more damage but not needed)
Cast When Damage Taken, Vortex (a 20q vortex is more AoE so you can level another one in your spare weapon slots).

Ascendancy Order:
Normal - Undeniable (accuracy and attack speed)
Cruel - Unyielding (Damage and regen while fortified, fortify effect) OR Unbreakable (double chest armor, can't be stunned)
Merciless - Whichever one of the above you didn't take in cruel.
Endgame - Unstoppable (can't be slowed below base value, ie freeze immunity)

As for a cap for this build: I've done t12s, Atziri, and Uber Lab fairly comfortably. Haven't taken it higher than that (as my char is in STD and I've been playing temp leagues) myself yet. It might struggle with the t15 boss fights and t16 guardians (or just take a long time) as the DPS isn't the greatest.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hi what stats are you looking for on jewels ? I couldn't see if you mentioned it anywhere?
"
Hypertry wrote:
Hi what stats are you looking for on jewels ? I couldn't see if you mentioned it anywhere?

You're looking for:
1. Life
2. Lightning Damage/spell damage/area damage (in some form; could be while holding a shield)
3. Attack speed (in some form)
4. Attributes (if you can drop a notable or free a suffix on gear this is great)

Otherwise look for stats that are useful, like armor, resistances to overcap, etc.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Leech is enough to sustain, from my experience. The big thing with Izaro is there are a few mechanics that you cannot mitigate well. These are:

1. Trap damage (degens) - if you see Izaro casting the green circle, step out of it or be prepared to move away from whatever trap he teleports you too immediately.

2. Elemental damage - Izaro normally deals pure phyiscal damage, which this build can largely ignore. However, there are several mechanics present that add a lot of elemental damage to his attacks. I would recommend knowing these and trying to prevent the mechanic when it comes up in an earlier boss fight, esp if you are trying to complete a lab for the first time. It's usually better to be safe the first time through, and outside of Uber lab keys aren't really too valuable.

As for you gear, it looks pretty nice. I would recommend 4L-ing your helmet and socketing a Blade Vortex to help with PC generation. And consider purchasing a Romira's with a corrupted implicit to remove the extra crit chance (although you do have a min roll). And then try to get Decree of Fury on you gloves when you're comfortable.

As for your tree, I can see you've chosen to take a lot of the DPS nodes first. I would recommend getting more life nodes, and the Soul of Steel cluster, ASAP.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Thank you very much for the fast reply :).
Thanks mate for quick reply.

So i did some changes to my tree as you suggested and sitting at 32.6k armor without flask (58k with flask).
Add life to amulet + Shield and bought corrupted ring (why less critical strike chance is better?).
I don't have issue with charge generation, how BV will help in helm?

Gear Change
Spoiler

TREE
Last edited by commonjunks on Oct 15, 2016, 10:26:44 PM
"
commonjunks wrote:
Thanks mate for quick reply.

So i did some changes to my tree as you suggested and sitting at 32.6k armor without flask (58k with flask).
Add life to amulet + Shield and bought corrupted ring (why less critical strike chance is better?).
I don't have issue with charge generation, how BV will help in helm?

You want to crit occasionally to proc Elemental Overload, but every time you do crit you lose all your power charges, so critting less often is better.

BV in your CWDT will generate more charges for you. And there's nothing wrong with more charges; more charges = more damage.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Oct 15, 2016, 11:14:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info