[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Hey,

any thoughts on using

in combination with this build?

It provides an extra power charge, strength and int, life and it also lowers your crit chance.

So you get +1 PC and less chance to lose your charges, which should in theory be quite a bit of extra damage.

I certainly felt like I did more damage but it's hard to say with Mjölner due to proc fluctuation affecting your damage.

Also, whats your opinion on Orb of Storms for single targets?

Last edited by Ahtras on Jul 9, 2016, 2:39:37 PM
"
commonjunks wrote:
How do you mitigate spell damage? Every time i fight any boss who do spell damage, i have to run around and cannot face tank while attacking them (Phantasmagoria boss).

Typically if I need to mitigate spell damage I pop a resist flask of the appropriate type (ruby, topaz, sapphire - if I have one). If I know that a boss of a map has a dangerous elemental attack, I may use a flask for that map boss to help counter it.

That said, here's a few things:
1) You don't need to be doing maps like Phantasmagoria at level 71. You will get no exp penalty in the Dried Lake till level 75. I usually take my characters to 74 or 75 there (it's very fast), then start with T1 and T2 maps, working my way up as I level. Extra levels will mean more life, of course. At level 90 my character has nearly 5.8K life, which is about 33% more than what you have right now.
2) The Phantasmagoria boss is overtuned. It does a crapton of damage. I would not recommend facetanking it in general anyways, regardless of the build.
3) Also, using good life flasks can help you tank for a while.

"
Ahtras wrote:
Hey,

any thoughts on using

in combination with this build?

It provides an extra power charge, strength and int, life and it also lowers your crit chance.

So you get +1 PC and less chance to lose your charges, which should in theory be quite a bit of extra damage.

If you can spare the stats it could be a great addition. I'm sure EO would still proc enough. Also the minor MoM can be a buff to tankiness.

Again, if you don't need an insane amount of stats it could work very well.
"
Ahtras wrote:

Also, whats your opinion on Orb of Storms for single targets?

You meant Ball Lightning, right? Orb of Storms only triggers if you cast the skill yourself. Since Mjolner does it for you, you won't get extra shocks from it at all.

But Ball Lightning is a great swap out for Arc for single target scenarios.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
You meant Ball Lightning, right? Orb of Storms only triggers if you cast the skill yourself. Since Mjolner does it for you, you won't get extra shocks from it at all.

No I meant Orb of Storms.

Hm, I was under the impression it worked with Mjölner (at least this guy here says so from gameplay experience).

I guess I'll do some further testing with low lvl spells in the Mjölner.

EDIT: Back from testing, does indeed not work.

On another topic, may I ask why you skill the three crit nodes below Annihilation instead of going around it with two int nodes? It's not like Mjölner needs any additional crit to keep up EO.

And wouldn't Celestial Punishment/Judgement be better than Heart of Thunder? It's 81% lightning/Ele Damage + 2% penetration + 5% chance to shock/freeze/ignite for 6 points vs. 71% lightning damage + 3% pen for 7 points.

Dropping the crit nodes for the int and Heart of Thunder for the Celestial cluster would also allow you to grab the Jewel socket near Instability in your 93 tree.
Last edited by Ahtras on Jul 10, 2016, 5:07:52 AM
I def agree that dropping the crit nodes would be a good idea. But the spell damage per power charge node is quite valuable and efficient. So I'd like to keep that.

I originally thought that the 25% dmg against shocked, ignited, or frozen enemies wouldn't do much, but with the extra ignition chance we get it from molten strike pretty efficiently.

I also ended up dropping Occultist's Dominion for the jewel socket right below MoM and a little progress on the Celestial wheel.

Dropping crit chance seems to work quite well and the celestial wheel does feel better for damage.

Passive tree after changes @ lvl 90
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Jul 10, 2016, 11:00:13 AM
Totally forgot that wasn't a PC duration node, dropping it is of course out of the question in that case.

Since dropping Occultist's Dominion saves another point there still isn't any need for extra skill points, nice.
Last edited by Ahtras on Jul 10, 2016, 1:43:24 PM
Hi, in regards to ascendancy passives, would it be worth picking up unflinching and unrelenting? If so, which others would you drop? unbreakable and unstoppable? Would the extra endurance charges boost both dps and survivability by a lot?
"
churbo wrote:
Hi, in regards to ascendancy passives, would it be worth picking up unflinching and unrelenting? If so, which others would you drop? unbreakable and unstoppable? Would the extra endurance charges boost both dps and survivability by a lot?

No, it would not. Since this build doesn't use Voll's, it has no way to rapidly generate Endurance charges consistently. The only endurance charges we gain are on kill from Warlord's mark, and are not significant, esp versus bosses.

So those nodes will not really help this build at all. Also, Unbreakable is very important to this character, as he uses high armor to compensate for not having the endurance charge CWDT IC like a Voll's build would.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
How does this build do against uber lab?
"
InfantWhale wrote:
How does this build do against uber lab?

I haven't ran it myself yet (cause not really playing standard), but I wouldn't expect to have many problems. The build has enough armor that Izaro should not be a threat unless he has significant buff effects on him.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Managed to clear uber lab without too much issues, i swapped determination out for enfeeble and it made all the difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info