[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

Hello fox.

Why do you need to convert all of your damage into fire?

Instead of converting your Arc into fire damage, keep Arc as lightning. You hardly get any "fire only" passives on your tree so instead of wasting a ring slot AND a gem slot, you can use a proper ring with life/cast speed/armor and use the Hypothermia gem. Your links should look like:

Arc - Spell Echo - Lightning penetration - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Empower

Since we won't be focusing on fire damage anymore, we should respec a few points. For example, Heart of Flame can be respecced into Shadow start elemental nodes and Elemental Focus cluster. You will still 'double dip' your damage as long as you stack elemental damage from the tree.

Beyond this change, everything else should stay the same.

If you argue that Hypothermia is an overkill addition and that reflect will be a problem then you can always use Increased Burning Damage instead. This allows you to boost the ignite prolif without having an overkill initial hit.

I also use Blood Rage to get 4 frenzy charges (Merciless reward = Frenzy). It makes the general gameplay so much smoother. The tree provides just enough regen to counter the degen from Blood Rage. If not, Stone Golem to the rescue!

Last edited by gtrans on Apr 10, 2016, 4:45:35 AM
"
gtrans wrote:
Hello fox.

Why do you need to convert all of your damage into fire?

Instead of converting your Arc into fire damage, keep Arc as lightning. You hardly get any "fire only" passives on your tree so instead of wasting a ring slot AND a gem slot, you can use a proper ring with life/cast speed/armor and use the Hypothermia gem. Your links should look like:

Arc - Spell Echo - Lightning penetration - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Empower

Since we won't be focusing on fire damage anymore, we should respec a few points. For example, Heart of Flame can be respecced into Shadow start elemental nodes and Elemental Focus cluster. You will still 'double dip' your damage as long as you stack elemental damage from the tree.

Beyond this change, everything else should stay the same.

If you argue that Hypothermia is an overkill addition and that reflect will be a problem then you can always use Increased Burning Damage instead. This allows you to boost the ignite prolif without having an overkill initial hit.

I also use Blood Rage to get 4 frenzy charges (Merciless reward = Frenzy). It makes the general gameplay so much smoother. The tree provides just enough regen to counter the degen from Blood Rage. If not, Stone Golem to the rescue!

Most of the fire damage is coming from jewels, and i use a lot of jewels because % life and castspeed combo, the sad part is jewels cant roll elemental damage, if i count my jewels its roughly 105% increased fire damage + 15% from amu, sure one could argue this would be spelldmg instead or lightning% but that wouldnt help the burn on my vrf. The synergy lies within the vaal righteous fire, what would i put on my jewels, just spelldmg to benefit both arc and vrf, but that wouldnt help the burn? Rise of the phoenix is the option for most hardcore players ive talked to who is doing this build on hc, a pure lightning build cant do this. So this is the way its gonna stay.

PS, check the setup im using on this build, it doesnt use heart of the flame either, and barely any pure % dmg passives. "its in the bottom of the build thread", Its instead extra jewel slot, armour and castspeed, i value castspeed higher since the build feels limited by how fast it warps, not the dmg output. bloodrage wont work with vaal pact if you are doing the vrf version that degen is going to be disgusting. Used bloodrage for a while on my other version that didnt have vp but the regen is part of that version and it almost needs rotp because of no vp, my own version will allways differ from the guide due to a lot of things one being i need to think about people doing the build who are lvling, and not picking up any % damage nodes untill later of anykind is gonna be tedious, its the little things you know.

Pps: the deal breaker with your setup, 4b coil, cant recommend it, sorry, not in a league where chromes are 700:1 "Edit: just looked at chrome prices, 650:1"

Thanks for the comment!
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 10, 2016, 11:30:58 AM
How bad is freezing pulse and magma orb according to your tests? Compared to arc, their damage are higher.
Last edited by Mothren on Apr 10, 2016, 11:59:34 AM
Last edited by gtrans on Apr 10, 2016, 4:31:57 PM
Any tips for merciless izaro?! No chance, I can kite him for hours but can't do any dmg to him..

Spoiler

"
kewkie wrote:
Any tips for merciless izaro?! No chance, I can kite him for hours but can't do any dmg to him..

Spoiler

You should have no problem with that gear. Are you familiar with lab? As in kill or disabling his helpers?

Beyond that slot tendrils instead of arc on izaro fights. Because you want to target and arc cant do that. Kill or disable his helpers before him on first two phase.

When in final phase warp in and out of danger, carry a basalt flask, and tendril him down.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 10, 2016, 6:01:17 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
kewkie wrote:

Spoiler

You should have no problem with that gear. Are you familiar with lab? As in kill or disabling his helpers?

Beyond that slot tendrils instead of arc on izaro fights. Because you want to target and arc cant do that. Kill or disable his helpers before him on first two phase.

When in final phase warp in and out of danger, carry a basalt flask, and tendril him down.

Have done a few labs, but my other bulds were able to almost facetank him (which made it easier, obiously), but kiting him without doing damage made be tired and I died. But thanks for the tip with tendrils, will try it soon.
Why is pain attunement taken in the second version of the tree?
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
This Build looks so nice.

But one question, why'd you took the Pain Attunement on the VP Tree? isn't it worthless?

I would love to see you doing a map with Lightning Warp (lvl 20 ofc) instead of Arc, just beacause. :D

What LikeMaHStatus said before me and probably what the warp would look like on a map if i continued that build: https://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/v/55610324

Thx guys for the clarification :)

edit: missed the correct quote... lol.

Why PA? Because of VRF, it triggers after you go low life -> moar Boom Boom.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Apr 11, 2016, 4:35:40 AM
Nice build, using VRF atm, but i have some questions

- about double dip, is only fire or elemental damage do it? what about spell damage?
- what do u think about Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt? up to 30% fire damage + armour + some resist + some leech
- what do u think about drop orb of storm, take double curse and use assassin's mark? testing this atm, still dunno is it better or not
- about Melding wheel and jewel slot near, is it worth using Energised Armour? its like 15% maximum life + 70% armour

sorry for my bad english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info