[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Fox why not just build Low life and Crit since you take Pain Attunment and all the stun avoidance anyway why not fully benefit from them? More EHP more DPS and you don't have to rely on orb of storm for double curse you will be tri cursing warlords/assassins/flammability with all the extra auras you can run being LL.

Something like
http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwMAAuMFQgceB6UNfA3RDkgPxBEPES8RUBGWEmkTNRZAFvMXHBekGGoagRslHRQgbiL0JjwqCyo4Ko0rCiycL501uTbYOVI7DTt8PpdBlkZSRnFJG0lRSbFJskuuTLNQMFF0WAdca1yKXfJfal+wY0NknWaea3psC20Zb55wUnF5dwd713/GghCDCYRIhMWFfYcTidOMNox2jmSPRo/6kyeVLpuhm7WcpKEvoqOmmacrrJius6+NtAy2+rcxuMq5k76KwfPDCcM6w23Iv8pKytPQ0ND118/ZW9te34rfsOOE6QLquuv17FXviO/r8NXxbPId96b31/k3+tL8TA==

what stun avoidance?

"
Mothren wrote:
FoxTactics I know that Arc is almost your signature skill (Played your arc build in sacrifice of the vaal expansion :) ).
However, what about using Magma Orb for example? (1060 max damage at level 21)

You only take elemental and fire damage nodes from the tree. Burning damage still double dips.

You can swap out paragon of calamity for Liege of the Primordial and swap in a flame golem for 40% + 40% damage boost. Sure, you'll lose the 8% reduced damage taken, but damage-wise, stuff will be even better since you'll swap out cold to fire with iron will or some other gem (conc effect? - slower projectiles?).

You can drop avatar of fire, call of the brotherhood ring to use another ring, won't give further suggestions here since possibilities are endless.

Can you at least give it a try? Really considering your build for the next league. Thanks!

you would lose shock and magma orb has a terrible aimrange while arc's autoaim is super-duper!
"
evilch3n wrote:
you would lose shock and magma orb has a terrible aimrange while arc's autoaim is super-duper!

Magma orb bounces through the whole room, just one hit will proliferate anyways. Plus Elemental Conflux ensures you also shock, chill and ignite with fire damage. So I think you are wrong about the shock part.

My question still stands, I think it would proliferate excellently and free up a ring slot.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Fox why not just build Low life and Crit

Well, Vaal Righteous Fire gets you to 1 HP for a split second and therefore you benefit from Pain Attunement's bonus. He probably built the build as HP based and then didn't care since he one-shots packs anyway. But lowlife should definitely be viable imo. Don't know about crit though, since mechanics like poison and burning don't double dip with crit multi and elemental overload keystone is a very cheap investment for a huge boost to both.
Last edited by Mothren on Apr 8, 2016, 10:15:04 AM
What would you change for more Tanky i mean HC Viable ? why ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD if you never crit?
"
What would you change for more Tanky i mean HC Viable ? why ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD if you never crit?

I agree hitting a crit is difficult, am sitting at a 9% crit chance having not touched any of the nodes. Personally I'd want to swap out the gloves for voidbringers and use a diamond flask.

Nevermind, since I'm LL I've got access to the crit chance cluster near the ghost reaver keystone. After taking that I'm sitting at 13.8% crit chance, could be 15.4 if I opted for a diamond ring (using emberwake instead for super l33t burns). No more crit issues with this + a diamond flask.

@OP TRY OUT EMBERWAKE!!
Last edited by SuccYE on Apr 8, 2016, 1:49:48 PM
Orb of Storms procs EO very nicely and quickly
Orb of storms is for elemental overload, its mechanics make elemental overload have pretty much 100% uptime and its linked with flammability, you get 1 passive that increases some crit and there is also crit on the doryanis scepter to bring oos to 9.5%. No need for voidbringer, or any larger changes to the build imo, put a lot of thought into it, might be some flaw or oversight in the minmaxing part but. If you wanna make an ll\ci version go ahead, but its not something im going to make, ci\ll vs life, both have flaws and benefit. i like the phys mitigation from coil, the 700l\200m instant hallowed worm flasks, and wyrmsign gloves that are also hp based. But you are welcome to discuss another version in this thread. also check some posts i made on the reddit thread about future questions you might have https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4dqrfh/hellfire_arcer_twinned_t14_dominus_well_that_went/[/quote]
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 8, 2016, 5:59:29 PM
double post
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 8, 2016, 5:59:06 PM
"
My_Lego wrote:
So in other words, yes it is only to be able to double dip the heart of flame node since that is the only cluster that scales fire damage together with the lightningcoil interaction (which is mandatory then).

Got it.

That begs the question, is it worth eating both the ringslots for it? Maybe it is.

all the jewels have fire damage % too
Added writhing jars reasoning and some short gear explanation.
Added my own setup, it differs a bit from the guide for a number of reasons, explanation inside the spoiler.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info