[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

The cost of gear for LL/ES would be astronomical though, so not suitable for temp leagues.
Some gear pieces can be cheap, but still need a good ES (if CI) or Shavs 6L.

I still use a tabula, and not sure if I can get enough currency to buy 6L LC before the league ends.

"
lunaticwoda wrote:
Hey Fox can you post some screens with your tooltip damages and defense? Currently struggling to do merc lab at 83 with all the uniques minus coil still trying to link it heh

Get at least 4500 life, unspec some dmg nodes if needed.
Have at least 3L Lightning Warp, preferably 4L.
Have a 4L Flame Totem.

In first 2 fights kill all the adds of course.

Use LW to teleport behind Izario as soon as he starts any wind-up attacks, this way you can evade almost all of them.
Resummon the totem as needed, so even if you dodge the totem still deals some dmg.

Fast LW makes the fight much easier than it would be otherwise.

Also, important - replace Spell Echo with Faster casting.
Echo locks you into an attack animation which is longer than a single cast with Faster Casting gem.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jun 19, 2016, 10:50:04 AM
"
Shajirr wrote:
The cost of gear for LL/ES would be astronomical though, so not suitable for temp leagues.
Some gear pieces can be cheap, but still need a good ES (if CI) or Shavs 6L.

I still use a tabula, and not sure if I can get enough currency to buy 6L LC before the league ends.

'Astronomical' seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, the only required extra expense for the LL version is shavs, which is ~8ex on PSC. For a very casual player, perhaps that is out of reach, but I think it is easily attainable for most people in a 3 month period.
Last edited by Aderp on Jun 19, 2016, 3:49:16 PM
Hi,

any advice for the 2 extra ascendancy point? Golem or pendulum? I'm running the 2nd version of the build.

Thanks a lot
"
Scappotto wrote:
Hi,

any advice for the 2 extra ascendancy point? Golem or pendulum? I'm running the 2nd version of the build.

Thanks a lot

Golem ascendancy (adding in light golem assuming you were using fire golem previously..) gives you an additional 100% inc dmg to initial hit and 60% inc burn dmg, 18% cast speed, and tanky golems. Pendulum ascendancy gives 100% inc dmg to initial hit and 100% inc burn dmg, 25% area radius, and 4% cast speed (node before it).. only part of the time though. To me, it'd be a hard choice even if pendulum was up all the time, but since pendulum is only up 40% of the time - it's a pretty easy decision imo.
Tested the Pyre Ring with this build and it works with Beacon of Ruin, so there's no need to have cold to fire gem in the 6L, unless you want more cast speed from a ring
"
shiodas wrote:
Tested the Pyre Ring with this build and it works with Beacon of Ruin, so there's no need to have cold to fire gem in the 6L, unless you want more cast speed from a ring

That's weird. The wiki says that the body has to stay for the proliferation effect. When it gets destroyed the effect should vanish.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Status_ailment#Proliferation
Maybe it's an overlook?

But nethertheless what alternative 6L-setup would be more beneficial with Pyre?
Is added cold still good enough? For the extra red slot is an empower porbably very suitable.
Is Beacon of Destruction really important for this build? The AoE is so tiny and arc already obliterates the packs so easily already...
"
Wizzy09 wrote:
Is Beacon of Destruction really important for this build? The AoE is so tiny and arc already obliterates the packs so easily already...

It isn't strictly necessary (lots of arc builds without it), but I think it is a really nice touch on this build. It seems to increase clear speed quite a bit by reducing the number of chains required in a pack, and will jump to other packs that may be outside your screen. Non-prolif arc chains can also leap between packs, but one arc chain that prolifs burn can wipe out a pack entirely by itself. It is actually very common for me to arc and have my screen + the entire next screen wiped out at the same time. Also, having the corpses prolif the burn means any mobs that try to run over it insta die as well (aka every time you aggro a pack and they start running towards you). You wouldn't think it's a big deal, but you really notice it when you run a status immune map.
"
Wizzy09 wrote:

As Aderp said it's very important for clear speed, though if you end up with a collection of well-rolled fire resistance + immune to status ailment red maps then it could potentially be worth switching to Mastermind of Discord to clear them, but... the cost is pretty high so it'd have to be a lot of really great maps and it's definitely going to be weaker if you aren't against fire capped immune to ailments guys like that.
Does this build rely on a 6-link? Can this build still do comparable damage with just a 5-link. It is obviously going to be lower with a 5-link. I am just curious if I were to do this build if it is even worth it unless I have the currency for a 6-link LC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info