[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

Is this build "fixed" in 2.3 or can I go with this? :P
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
Is this build "fixed" in 2.3 or can I go with this? :P

We get extra damage from buffed scepter implicits (should be 40% on catalyst)
Half damage from reflect
30% more aoe on bacon of ruin
And a bunch more damage from second golem (who has ele immunity)

So unless writhing jar gets nerfed, it's stronger than before.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Mastermind of Discord is excellent because I generally lightning warp on top of the boss and unless VRF

Golems are really powerful as well. Elementalist might have become the hardest choices across all my builds. All nodes are extremely useful. Reflect isn't an issue for me on single target rares at all with just RotP.

So I am going Beacon of Ruin and Mastermind of Discord or Beacon of Ruin, Liege of the Primordial, then Pendulum of Destruction.

With some timing and the former, VRF damage should skyrocket.
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
ANyone know if he got 100 with this? Fox has given up this game for some Nintendo DS Looking BORING game he plays on stream now. Tried talking to him many times and not even sure why he streams anymore....

Nope, stopped at 40\40 challenges and lvl98, couldnt find the strenght to keep going since i made a lvl100 in talisman, it was more a test of patience then the lust for making my first lvl100 ever. Rather save my strenght for next league.

"
Yagamai wrote:
Why not take burning damage passives? These should give a huge dps boost? I was thinking just full lightning damage with the burning passives to save a ring slot and replace cold to fire gem with increased burning damage.

Because increased fire damage passives are both %inc dmg and %inc burn rolled into one. And the conversion was to be able to deal with reflect in safe manner which has allways been arcs weakest part. The really high maximum range can really harm you later on, Now with the acendancy passive saying "50% reduced reflect" that might change.

----------

Anyway, some might have seen that i've been streaming some games but it was for friends on my teamspeak wondering what i was playing. So i havent been very social there :D.

This build should function the same as in 2.2, and a lot stronger, the only thing i can think off that would change it.

Possible unforseen cons in 2.3:
If arc or some support gems gets nerfed.
The writhing jars gets nerfed or changed.
The conversion on how you get 100% conversion from lightning to fire could change, - Call of the brother hood or cold to fire support gem changes, or even avatar of fire?

Known pros in 2.3 "might change"
Elementalist gets +1 extra golem.
50% reduced reflect dmg
Larger proliferation radius
2 Extra acendancy points
Scepters\wands get higher implicits values (40) ish

Other then that it should be the same build as in 2.2 and in 2.3.

- Allthough i might not start off with this build, it might be my second build, so the update of this thread will depend on it i suppose. But the main concept will probably remain the same, it depends on after ive tested the %reduced reflect acendancy passive to maybe take it into a crit version of pure lightning, well see.

Last edited by FoxTactics on May 27, 2016, 2:50:32 PM
Probably gonna start prophecy with a similar build but I am going to drop the lightning to fire conversion, don't see a point to it.
Here is my tree so far:
poeurl.com/DHK (Going BM because I hate dealing with mana)

Focusing on taking elemental damage to scale arc/vaal rf and burn.
Probably going to duel wield catalysts.
Gonna run 1 aura in essence worm, not sure what aura yet. Wrath is good for arc but doesn't do anything for vaal rf.
For gems the plan is Arc - Pen - Echo - CD - Life Leech - Added Lightning/ Empower 4
Going to test if 0.6 leech (2 catalysts and invitation) + atziri flask + boots enchant for leech is good enough for general mapping, if so I will drop life leech gem.
Last edited by CoronaLVR on May 27, 2016, 4:41:13 PM
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
ANyone know if he got 100 with this? Fox has given up this game for some Nintendo DS Looking BORING game he plays on stream now. Tried talking to him many times and not even sure why he streams anymore....

Nope, stopped at 40\40 challenges and lvl98, couldnt find the strenght to keep going since i made a lvl100 in talisman, it was more a test of patience then the lust for making my first lvl100 ever. Rather save my strenght for next league.

"
Yagamai wrote:
Why not take burning damage passives? These should give a huge dps boost? I was thinking just full lightning damage with the burning passives to save a ring slot and replace cold to fire gem with increased burning damage.

Because increased fire damage passives are both %inc dmg and %inc burn rolled into one. And the conversion was to be able to deal with reflect in safe manner which has allways been arcs weakest part. The really high maximum range can really harm you later on, Now with the acendancy passive saying "50% reduced reflect" that might change.

----------

Anyway, some might have seen that i've been streaming some games but it was for friends on my teamspeak wondering what i was playing. So i havent been very social there :D.

This build should function the same as in 2.2, and a lot stronger, the only thing i can think off that would change it.

Possible unforseen cons in 2.3:
If arc or some support gems gets nerfed.
The writhing jars gets nerfed or changed.
The conversion on how you get 100% conversion from lightning to fire could change, - Call of the brother hood or cold to fire support gem changes, or even avatar of fire?

Known pros in 2.3 "might change"
Elementalist gets +1 extra golem.
50% reduced reflect dmg
Larger proliferation radius
2 Extra acendancy points
Scepters\wands get higher implicits values (40) ish

Other then that it should be the same build as in 2.2 and in 2.3.

- Allthough i might not start off with this build, it might be my second build, so the update of this thread will depend on it i suppose. But the main concept will probably remain the same, it depends on after ive tested the %reduced reflect acendancy passive to maybe take it into a crit version of pure lightning, well see.

Just out of curiosity, what will be your first build?
Still no one posting their arc tooltip?
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
Probably gonna start prophecy with a similar build but I am going to drop the lightning to fire conversion, don't see a point to it.
Here is my tree so far:
poeurl.com/DHK (Going BM because I hate dealing with mana)

Focusing on taking elemental damage to scale arc/vaal rf and burn.
Probably going to duel wield catalysts.
Gonna run 1 aura in essence worm, not sure what aura yet. Wrath is good for arc but doesn't do anything for vaal rf.
For gems the plan is Arc - Pen - Echo - CD - Life Leech - Added Lightning/ Empower 4
Going to test if 0.6 leech (2 catalysts and invitation) + atziri flask + boots enchant for leech is good enough for general mapping, if so I will drop life leech gem.

All off this sounds good, Well see how much calamaity takes away of the reflect. Bm is what i ran last month of the league on this build and it works great, lets you avoid another couple of map mods. Reason for wrath before was that vrf didnt need a boost in dmg, it could oneshot kaom in t15, so might aswell boost arc. Anyway the reasons for the shield was that i was pushing high lvls and dying was a bad thing, so survival came before dmg output, but i did kill myself on a reflect when testing dual doryanis and ll gem even with vaal pact, thats how crazy the dmg was :D. But thats prob solved now with calamity.
Last edited by FoxTactics on May 28, 2016, 2:20:14 PM
Build looks fun, may try it in 2.3
How do you plan on fitting on 2 golems (gem-wise)? It'd be ~100% inc damage/40% inc cast speed, which is pretty huge.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info