Account Hacked during gameplay

I understand the initial assumption that when something like this happens to someone that they must have done something wrong, intentionally or otherwise to be at least partially responsible for their misfortune.

I considered this as well, upon the realization of what was most likely happening, my mind was flooded with recollections of all web browsing I had done concerning PoE. The only site's I've visited have been the official PoE site, poeex and links to youtube videos originating from the PoE forums. No fishy links, no downloads.

Session ID hacking is not beyond the realm of possibility, neither is it inconceivable that my own security was in some way breached. I'm not saying either way exactly what did or did not happen. Just recounting my tale in hopes that if someone else encounters a similar situation they can take quick action and possibly prevent the same unfortunate outcome I was subject to.

Thats why I created the thread. No more, no less.
Last edited by ArchAngelZorak on Feb 18, 2013, 10:24:20 AM
"
I understand the initial assumption that when something like this happens to someone that they must have done something wrong, intentionally or otherwise to be at least partially responsible for their misfortune.

I considered this as well, upon the realization of what was most likely happening, my mind was flooded with recollections of all web browsing I had done concerning PoE. The only site's I've visited have been the official PoE site, poeex and links to youtube videos originating from the PoE forums. No fishy links, no downloads.

Session ID hacking is not beyond the realm of possibility, neither is it inconceivable that my own security was in some way breached. I'm not saying either way exactly what did or did not happen. Just recounting my tale in hopes that if someone else encounters a similar situation they can take quick action and possibly prevent the same unfortunate outcome I was subject to.

Session ID hacking has been claimed by blizzard to be impossible for their game, I guess I don't know how GGG's backend works, but I think it's pretty silly to say "Hey, this might be possible. I don't have the slightest shred of evidence this is happening, but it could be".
"
Lask001 wrote:
"

Session ID hacking has been claimed by blizzard to be impossible for their game, I guess I don't know how GGG's backend works, but I think it's pretty silly to say "Hey, this might be possible. I don't have the slightest shred of evidence this is happening, but it could be".

And you expect professionalism from a company that lets a retarded troll like you roam around the technical subforum?
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
"
Zalmoxis wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:
"

And you expect professionalism from a company that lets a retarded troll like you roam around the technical subforum?

Waht? That doesn't even make sense.
"

poeex can steal your data for example if you have Java activ
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
"
Lask001 wrote:

Of course it makes no sense to you. I can't sink as low as to explain reason to utter idiots.

Oh and it's "what". Have you skipped school that much, or do they just throw you out for dumbing down the entire place?
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
"
Zalmoxis wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:

Of course it makes no sense to you. I can't sink as low as to explain reason to utter idiots.

Oh and it's "what". Have you skipped school that much, or do they just throw you out for dumbing down the entire place?

It's been fun, but I'm growing tired of you. Until you bring something of subsistence to the conversation, I'm ignoring you.

Peace.
"
Lask001 wrote:
"
Zalmoxis wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:

It's been fun, but I'm growing tired of you. Until you bring something of subsistence to the conversation, I'm ignoring you.

Peace.

"I've grown tired of you"
That last sentence is so dumb I won't even bother rephrasing it to something that makes sense. Use dictionaries before using big words.

Well, I would bring candy if I cared, since you cannot comprehend anything that isn't retarded. Don't forget to use a helmet when you go outside!
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
I just found out my friend got hacked recently, and he's not stupid enough to share his password/download anything so it's clearly something GGG should look into - that or my friend isn't telling me something.
Last edited by Zachary5391 on Feb 18, 2013, 11:55:42 AM
"
Zachary5391 wrote:
I just found out my friend got hacked recently, and he's not stupid enough to share his password/download anything so it's clearly something GGG should look into - that or my friend isn't telling me something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info