[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
zzang wrote:
Hey there cool build i might give it a shot. Im curious if this build can do the t16 bosses and shaper?

I think the answer is yes. I've not peronally tried it, but I'm pretty sure it can do it.

"
ryanzec wrote:
Are there any recommended skills / gear for making the early leveling process (pre-maps) as quick as possible as I am finding the leveling process much slower than other characters I have leveled?

If you get a +1 tabula (or even a normal tabula) the leveling process is quite smooth. I've never had problema in leveling as a pure ED character, maybe it's slower than other options but it's extremely safe and the clearspeed gets a lot better when you gain access to the increased AoE gem in the Contagion setup.

"
SoilnRock wrote:
Nice build - might respec into it with the next major upgrade. I always wanted to make a "purple" build including ED, Contagion and Wither - if only there was a way to fit in Death's Oath - I would be SO SO happy :-)

Until then I will have to use my 6L-Fur Shawl ;-)
I had the idea of a CI/ZO-Occultist wearing a Crown of Thorns. Rainbowstride seem to be some nice boots for the build. Maybe Voidbringer gloves?...?
What about Bino's ...?

Congrats for making it to the build of the week - looking forward for further optimization and adaptation to 2.5.0!

Death's Oath is pretty weak for this build, sadly. Crown of Thorns would not work as CI, since you would always be full life and never low life.

Bino's is a decent option if you want to spread the poison damage and not only the Essence Drain DoT. I prefer a spirit shield, btw. Better defensive stats, resistances and nice damage increase.

Rainbowstride are worse than Brinerot Whalers, and Voidbringer are subpar on a non-crit build. :)

"
MaysLanding wrote:
Ok, edit....

This build is quite fun!

I don't even have anywhere near optimized gems and gear and i'm walking through maps like crazy.

Glad you're enjoying it!

"
It is advisable to go leveling with the gems of build or have others that can be used in the meantime?

Obs .: It really would like the leveling session the skill tree had the link for each step. In my case that I do not know the right passive of names also help me a lot to have the visual aid of the passive order.

I don't know if other options are usable, but I've always felt quite comfortable leveling with ED + Contagion.

For the leveling tree with steps, I'll try to update the section when I get some time!

"
addiaboli wrote:
blablabla, league "specific gear".. blablabla.

And that build have nothing to do against CI on Grandmasters map.

This build includes no league-specific gear.

Brinerot Whalers have become a "common" item since prophecy league features have become baseline in PoE. So you can find them yourself, or get them in trade for ridicolus prices in any league.

The same goes for the Council scepter.

Hall of the Grandmasters is a no-go for this build, and this issue is explained in the thread starting post.

"
cK7 wrote:
You should drop 3 nodes from the life wheel and pick up the Cruel Preparation node (just under Witch fire cluster). You'd get the same amount of life + resistances/int.

Nice build though gonna try it out for sure

That's a nice finetuning, I'm going to update the passive tree right now! Thanks for your suggestion. :)
Congrats on Build of the Week! :) Your guide is well written and I'll definitely be trying this out when I get a chance.
Boy. I tested this build.

No wonder there is no video with it. Everybody could see how squishy is and how long it takes to actually kill ANY BOSS. And, any boss will kill it with one hit.

Friend: YOU OWE ME 25EX for testing. Plenty of agony. FOR THE PLAYER. Contact me ASAP WITH THE CURRENCY.

And GGG : Seriously? This is a build? You fooled me once. Thank you
Well, this build is definitely not for facetanking, it has been built around kiting by its core. If you couldn't realize that before u spend 25 ex on it - you're probably better off without them.

hi ... I was seeing the passive and was with a doubt as q vc has to go to the right side of the build, as you managed to put the points in pysics and chaos damage and projectile damage without link ... you could me explain because I am new to the game
I still wasn't contacted by you. If you feel somehow that my claim is unjust, just remember that nowhere is specified that to kill something orange you actually need luck + 15 minutes.
Our life is limited, our time is precious and for those whose chose to waste their time with something so weak... definitely I wait them to give me all their possessions and die.
"
Ravenshield11 wrote:
I still wasn't contacted by you. If you feel somehow that my claim is unjust, just remember that nowhere is specified that to kill something orange you actually need luck + 15 minutes.
Our life is limited, our time is precious and for those whose chose to waste their time with something so weak... definitely I wait them to give me all their possessions and die.

As you said "Our life is limited, our team is precious." If you had stopped to read the entire post and explanation that the creator of the build did, you would see the details of the build. This stretch I put here on the first tab of the session.

This is not a leech build, so we have to adjust our gameplay accordingly. Dodging whatever mobs throw at you is important, especially in the highest tier maps and unforgiving fights like Uber Trio, Atziri, Core Malachai, Village Ruin duo, Crematorium Megaera or Colosseum Daresso.
"
Ravenshield11 wrote:

WTF DID U JUST READ !!!
YO. HOW COULD YOU GET AWAY FROM MENTAL HOSPITAL?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHRAx4EswceCdkNHw5ID6sRLxGWE20UCRa_GFYYahmKGo8byBzcHcIfQSSLJogmlSj6KwotqDE1MtE1kjY9OuE8BTwoQYdFR0WdSRNJUUrITeNSr1NSVUtYB1pSXEBd8mHiYlpirGf8aHRo8mqMbIxuqnWedoJ4L3tue8N85YLHhMWHB4fLieCPGo9Gj_qTH5UulwaXIZrgm12boZu1nL6dqqEiogCiQKLZplemr6cIp5uomq_rsNi00bVItfK3MLc-t9a4k7tNu-O-gMBmwXzDOsSiyAzIFMpGzxXP3di92mLbWd1f35jireZY62Pr7u988B_w1fGK8kXyl_T49W_22vfX-ej7Cf4K_o_-ug==
125pst out of 123pts
and the trees dont connect how does that work? i know im new but idk how that is uspposed to work
First of all, I want to say that I'm very sorry I couldn't play (and answer the forums) in the last two weeks.

I want to thank GGG for choosing my Scion as the Build of the Week.

And I want to say "thanks" to all the people who liked and tried it.

I usually appreciate criticism when it's sort of constructive. I've read a lot of comments on both youtube and the PoE site of this kind:

1. Hey, another ED build!
2. Hey, another META build!
3. Hey, the clearspeed is retarded slow, go play bladevortex pathfinder br0!
4. Hey, this is a very expensive build which is too squishy for its cost! It can't even kill the Shaper!!!!1

So I want to answer this kind of comments.

1. The fact this is another ED build is written in the main post. So you are saying nothing new for me or the people who are reading.

2. I wrote this build when ED was considered kinda crap when compared to the META builds of that specifical moment of the game (hey, Frost Wall + KB or LA, I'm watching you! Hey, 100% chaos conversion caster builds, I'm looking at you! Hey, quasi immortal juggernaut, I'm talking about you! Hey, Voltaxic Spark, I'm saying hello to you! Hey, Vaal Molten Shell Elementalist, how do you do?) and I tried to keep it updated with the "new" features the game introduced from time to time (ascendancy classes and new itemization). And I'm glad to see it has stayed very playable and enjoyable despite of some minor nerfs (poison, pierce support gem, curse effectiveness against bosses). So, who says this is a META build isn't considering the moment it was written at all.

3. There are better builds when it comes to the clearspeed debate, that's for sure. This is an ED build, so if you like the skill, you can stick with it and enjoy it. Are there faster skills around? Yes. But not everyone plays a build because it's the fastest of the world, not everyone focuses his / her gameplay around being super fast, not everyone wants to reach level 100 with his / her character.

4. Is the build expensive? If you want the perfect items, yes, that's for sure. Every build is expensive if you want to get some minmaxing out of it. But, like every build, it can start from a cheaper gear, then get better and better with some practice and currency grinding. Can't it kill the Shaper? I haven't personally tried because in this league my playing time is near to zero (hard work + RL commitments are overcoming my free time, sadly), as you can see from my challenges done in Essence. But I'm quite convinced of the fact that the Shaper is not impossible if you play properly. Is the build squishy? Yes, it's written in the guide.

Apart from this rant, I want to say I'm back to the forums for answering any question, so you're welcome if you have any doubt.

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHRAx4EswceCdkNHw5ID6sRLxGWE20UCRa_GFYYahmKGo8byBzcHcIfQSSLJogmlSj6KwotqDE1MtE1kjY9OuE8BTwoQYdFR0WdSRNJUUrITeNSr1NSVUtYB1pSXEBd8mHiYlpirGf8aHRo8mqMbIxuqnWedoJ4L3tue8N85YLHhMWHB4fLieCPGo9Gj_qTH5UulwaXIZrgm12boZu1nL6dqqEiogCiQKLZplemr6cIp5uomq_rsNi00bVItfK3MLc-t9a4k7tNu-O-gMBmwXzDOsSiyAzIFMpGzxXP3di92mLbWd1f35jireZY62Pr7u988B_w1fGK8kXyl_T49W_22vfX-ej7Cf4K_o_-ug==
125pst out of 123pts
and the trees dont connect how does that work? i know im new but idk how that is uspposed to work

The Scion has access to extra passive points in her ascendancy tree. So at level 100 you have a total of 122 points from levels and quests + bandits and 3 extra points from the ascendancy sub-tree = 125.

The fact the trees don't connect is due to the "path of the ranger" sub-ascendancy point, which allows for pathing starting from two different classes: the scion start and the ranger one. :)

This answers OfficeBoy question, too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info