[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

Hi, I wanted to make a scion build that makes use of the way she can span the tree with her ascendancies, didn't really care what skills the build uses so long as it did that. I looked at some other builds on the forums but they either didn't use scions alternate start at all, or just grabbed a few nodes around scion and mostly spanned out from elsewhere, so when I saw your tree I thought "bingo". That being said, I'll be playing on hardcore and you mentioned that your shadow version of this build is tankier. Can you suggest some alterations to make this build a bit tankier, or suggest a different scion build that's along the lines of what I'm looking for?

Thanks.
I'm currently at work and have no time to check if it's fully optimized at the moment, but I arranged a quick passive tree to make use of Path of the Witch and play ED as CI with the Scion class.

The gear would be the same of my trickster version, the survivability would be slightly lower (but still considerably higher than my scion lifebased version because of the huge ES pool and CI), but the damage would be higher because of the occultist sub-ascendancy. :)

Let me know what you think!
Last edited by djnat on Sep 15, 2016, 3:59:10 AM
"
djnat wrote:
I'm currently at work and have no time to check if it's fully optimized at the moment, but I arranged a quick passive tree to make use of Path of the Witch and play ED as CI with the Scion class.

The gear would be the same of my trickster version, the survivability would be slightly lower (but still considerably higher than my scion lifebased version because of the huge ES pool and CI), but the damage would be higher because of the occultist sub-ascendancy. :)

Thanks for doing this for me! I may use it if I don't find anything better, but it's not 100% what I'm looking for. My reasoning does not come from a place of logic, I just like the idea of having an (optimal) build that spans out quite far from scions start as well as another start preferably in opposite directions, which is why I was drawn to your original build. The draft you suggested is similar to other scion builds I've seen around where they do use one of the paths but not to much extent, as most of the tree comes from one starting point or the other.

Basically I just wanna be hipster, lol.
The fact is that - wherever the start is located at - the Scion "path" sub-ascendancies which allow to use another class start account to an optimization of 5-6 passives maximum. They are still good for this reason, but it's very hard to find a build which stays completely THAT far from the Scion start.
"
djnat wrote:
The fact is that - wherever the start is located at - the Scion "path" sub-ascendancies which allow to use another class start account to an optimization of 5-6 passives maximum. They are still good for this reason, but it's very hard to find a build which stays completely THAT far from the Scion start.

Yes, I've started to notice that theme. Maybe my hopes and dreams will never be realized. I'll keep looking for now though, might end up just running your shadow build if I can't find / figure anything out.
"
djnat wrote:

I'm going to try this build but in a rags to riches way,eg:I'm still new with not a lot of currency/gear stashed,is it viable?

And any levelling tips are appreciated :)
Last edited by Banfae on Sep 28, 2016, 5:21:18 AM
I've really enjoyed playing essence drain so far. It's by far the easiest build to complete the atlas with, because it can do any map mod. For no life/mana mod I swap out empower for blood magic. I think slower proj is better in general (and it's significantly cheaper), but it's green so you can't swap it out for bm.

I tried a variation of mathil's passive tree, it's life-based that uses path of the witch.

Is it worth keeping contagion at level 1 for the cheaper mana cost? I just deleveled my gem for the 20% quality recipe and thinking of keeping it there.
"
skyscan wrote:
I've really enjoyed playing essence drain so far. It's by far the easiest build to complete the atlas with, because it can do any map mod. For no life/mana mod I swap out empower for blood magic. I think slower proj is better in general (and it's significantly cheaper), but it's green so you can't swap it out for bm.

I tried a variation of mathil's passive tree, it's life-based that uses path of the witch.

Is it worth keeping contagion at level 1 for the cheaper mana cost? I just deleveled my gem for the 20% quality recipe and thinking of keeping it there.
The mana cost of lvl 1 Contagion is considerably lower, so you can do it if you are struggling with mana. Contagion's damage is quite low even at max level because it only serves as an ED spreader.
"
Banfae wrote:
I'm going to try this build but in a rags to riches way,eg:I'm still new with not a lot of currency/gear stashed,is it viable?

And any levelling tips are appreciated :)

As it stands, the build is still more than viable for the majority of content.

The poison from Cospri's does not work against 2 of the 4 T16 guardians, so they can feel a little slower to kill, but still doable.
Thank you and grats on BOTW :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info