[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
djnat wrote:
@DasVawter: flask management is very important for any ES character. Make sure you have the right flask setup, the jade of reflexes + stibnite + basalt combo is super strong against porcupines in maps.

@aastr: Presence of Chayula is the strongest upgrade you can get at the moment, especially in Incursion League. The amazing chaos resistance and the extra ES that neck provides are invaluable. After PoC, you should get the Hungry Loop with the right ED setup, then 6L (or at least 5L!) your Shav and put the right Blight setup in it. It's very important to have strong setups on both ED and Blight, because you have a strong clearing AND single target that way. Empower 4 is the absolute last upgrade you need.

@Perce79: Presence of Chayula seems stronger in your current setup, but Shav is pretty strong too and you should try to get it as soon as possible after the neck. Getting the Presence and then the 5L Shav until you farm the currencies for the 6L one appears to be the wisest solution. And try to get a basalt flask instead of your hybrid one! It's a huge survivability upgrade for mapping! EDIT: oh, and get 20q on your spirit shield, it's free ES! ;)

Much appreciated! I just blew about 200 chaos on crafting my helmet so I'm a bit low on funds, I'll start working towards a presence :)

I'm just leveling gems to 20 now, when they hit 20 I'll stick 'em in the hungry loop I have waiting and incorporate a movement skill.
Last edited by aastr on Jun 17, 2018, 11:03:59 AM
I've been playing ED since I started around the time of Breach league, it's such an addicting playstyle! The Scion choice is so clever, though, because you solve so many clearspeed issues that Witch has, and sure you can have your 'boss killer ED witch' build or w.e, but I feel that PoE is a game where you can't avoid having to be good at everything somewhat, Scion is good for that. Finally I can make progress with the Atlas to get to the ultra-bosses without it being such a grind!

anyway. this is also the most expensive iteration of the build I've tried though so it's slow goings on building it up. Here's my current set up:

I'm still levelling my gems (which I've been levelling since lv.1 0% qual) and I've only just managed to afford the Presence and am thinking of what next to buy. Please could you answer a few questions:
Should I upgrade my helm, gloves, boots, shield, and ring before I save up for a 6L and Lv.4 empower?
Should I be looking for chaos res on them to cap?
How much might you expect to pay for each item for ideal stats?
Are there any other pertinent upgrades I should consider? (I already have the Watcher's Eye that you advise)
Getting a 5L Shav, Watcher's Eye (Haste Onslaught + Discipline Faster start of ES recharge) and Presence of Chayula as your first "expensive" items was the right move.

Now you should focus on:

1. 21/20 ED (1.5 ex)
2. 6L Shav (even with a lvl 3 Empower until you can afford a lvl 4 one, it's a super big single target dps gain), cost will be about 5.5-6 exalts
3. Better ES on gloves (170+) and boots (140+), expect to spend about 1.5-2 ex for the gloves and 3 ex or more for the boots
4. Empower 4 (about 3-3.5 ex)
5. Better shield (prices here are very unstable, very good shields are usually 5ex+)
6. Blight enchant on helmet (the most difficult thing to get, it's not a matter of price but the rarity of 270+ ES heads with 40% blight is impressive)

The last two things, when all the gear and upgrades are done, should be a corrupted and well rolled Bated Breath (20% discipline aura of effect implicit) and a lvl 21/20 Vaal Blight (very rare to find it in trade, you should go for temple runs and try to corrupt 20/20 ones with the double corruption device).

And another thing: are your non-unique jewels very good? Those can add a good chunk of damage and ES to your character. Usually, until I can get very good jewels (8% ES and AT LEAST two damage mods) I stick with two spreading rots.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 21, 2018, 6:29:12 AM
"
djnat wrote:
...And another thing: are your non-unique jewels very good? Those can add a good chunk of damage and ES to your character. Usually, until I can get very good jewels (8% ES and AT LEAST two damage mods) I stick with two spreading rots.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply! The price of 21/20 ED's have gone down it seems, so I've just bought one. My 3 rare jewels are just 3x damage rolls, no ES. I'll revise them if the ES is so paramount even now.
Have you tried Apep's Supremacy? Bleed imunity + good ES + a bit of damage + 3% max res (sometimes) and faster ES start seems pretty good to me. This will probably be my next build, I have ~30ex budget. Also, I have an ES recovery rate watcher's, should I buy a faster start?
Last edited by leolarizza on Jun 21, 2018, 11:03:23 PM
"
leolarizza wrote:
Have you tried Apep's Supremacy? Bleed imunity + good ES + a bit of damage + 3% max res (sometimes) and faster ES start seems pretty good to me. This will probably be my next build, I have ~30ex budget. Also, I have an ES recovery rate watcher's, should I buy a faster start?

Apep's supremacy doesn't do anything good for us.

We don't scale our damage with flat chaos bonuses but only with percentage increases. ES on the shield is nice but it completely lacks resistances and spell damage, which we both need.

The only very good thing on that item is the faster start of ES recharge.

I'd still go with a "classic" fossilised or titanium spirit shield with spell damage / good ES / resistances.

As to the Watcher's eye, I listed the best mods on the main post of the guide. Ideally the perfect 3-mods combo is:

- 40% faster start of ES recharge while affected by Discipline
- Onslaught on kill while affected by Haste
- 18% max mana as extra max ES while affected by Clarity

Faster start on Disci + Onslaught on haste are the best all-around mods for mapping, so I go with that combo; the extra ES on Clarity adds some extra survivability but isn't "needed". It's only a luxury if you are super rich.

The recovery rate isn't a good mod on Watcher's eye, we already have plenty of recharge rate from our passive tree + Bated Breath so faster start is a lot more important.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 22, 2018, 5:58:02 AM
I'm having a couple problems using Blight when bossing, particularly against the Guardians. Can anyone advise?
Great build. Played MoM trickster, Occ and Trickster indigon ED, and scion looks the best of them overall, still at lv 74, so only 6k ES, but the build is quite tanky and the dmg is decent, specially for a ED build. The only problem of this build is to get a 5L Hungry Loop, this will take ages, and only then my dmg will be enough to kill bosses. Very good build, totally recomend. Will probably buy a watcher`s eye now, after I get this fucking hungry loop to 5L.

My gear:

Most was self crafted, other ones was just really cheap
Last edited by leolarizza on Jun 22, 2018, 10:29:08 PM
"
aastr wrote:
I'm having a couple problems using Blight when bossing, particularly against the Guardians. Can anyone advise?

What kind of problems are you experiencing at bosses?

@leolarizza: usually the best thing to do is wearing the Allelopathy gloves until you complete your Hungry Loop setup. That way, you get a "pseudo" 6L setup for Blight in those gloves and you can temporarily put your ED setup in the Shav. When the ring is finished, you go for ED into it and you go for Vaal Blight in the Shav.
So, just an uptade: Currently lv88 and probably reached the endgame gear, won't be able to progress more than that without spending tons and tons of currencies, the only thing that could improve my build right now is 21/20 gems. Bought the watchers, and its very very good, it's just night and day without it, paid only 2ex. Just killed U-Atziri . Dropped a mask of course. Only 2 legit deaths

My Gear:

One tip i would give is to get only fire res on your shield, just so you can use rise of the phoenix for mapping for the +5% max fire res and the sweet mov speed, i go from 8k ES to 7.5k with rise.

to kill U-atziri:

Last edited by leolarizza on Jun 24, 2018, 2:49:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info