[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

It seems we won't have 100% pierce chance anymore after Prophecy.

Deadeye's sub-ascendancy is going to be nerfed from 50% to 30%. This is a minor nerf, but it has to be considered.

In the next week, I will update some info about the build, with eventual Prophecy variations, and a Trickster CI version of this char which should be very good for the upcoming league. I'm just waiting to have the full picture of the balance changes to publish the complete guide.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Flavourius wrote:
Hey, it's me again, you promised me to make some screenshots about def stats you remember?
With the new league coming out, I have to fine tune my build, would be really appreciate it, if you could do that.

Thx in advance.

Hey mate, sure I remember you!

I am currently working to extend this thread and publish a trickster version of this build.

Both classes are quite enjoyable to play, and when I'm done with the whole picture I will post all the stats (buffed with potions and un-buffed in hideout).

Stay tuned!

If you want I can share some experience with dodge/eva trickster hybrid hp build (5.4k effective hp with discipline, 50% eva and 61% spell dodge). The only downfall I had with this build is my lack of patience (only do 23k dot with ED) and my cockiness of jumping right in the middle of mobs and dying when I least expect it, because I feel almost immortal. Never had any problems at all up to T14 (never did T15 by myself because my map dropchance sucks). It was kinda a blind build from the beginning (haven't played since release) and was really surprised how much I could succeed with this build without even having a 6L.

Just pm me if you want more info, cya.
I've published the Shadow / Trickster version of the Essence Drainer in the appropriate sub-forum.

It's probably stronger than the Scion one, especially in 2.3. The damage is sligtly lower, but the defensive mechanics are insanely strong.

Still work in progress, but you can get the idea. Going CI assures an insane survivability, the damage is very good (about 39-40k ED dot component at higher levels), 10-14k ES depending on how good the gear is.

I will also try to update this Ascendant version of the ED build when 2.3 comes out, some adjustments will be made because of Scion/Deadeye sub-ascendancy pierce chance nerf.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 2, 2016, 1:12:20 PM
Hi, i'm trying your build i'm sort of noob on some things yet. Your post says to use AA but in the gear description is not in any socket. How you use it? or you use it until you get tricurse and then you drop it?
"
Hi, i'm trying your build i'm sort of noob on some things yet. Your post says to use AA but in the gear description is not in any socket. How you use it? or you use it until you get tricurse and then you drop it?

Hey mate, I haven't still updated this build for 2.3 because in this patch the best way to play Essence Drain is going Trickster, especially after the Ascendant nerf and Trickster buff. If your character level is not too high, I'd suggest a quick reroll.

If not, AA has to be used when Heretic's Veil becomes available and all the mana reservation talents are in place. So you can use three curses AND Arctic Armour. The gear section is kinda outdated, because I went Trickster to properly use ED in this patch.

Always check the patch tag before the build before going for the one you prefer! :)

I'll put a performance warning about the difference between Trickster and Ascendant in the main post of this build when I get some time.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 15, 2016, 7:22:44 AM
Hi, I have a question. Why did you chose to use slower projectile as the 6th gem rather than faster projectile? Also why not use poison support for the additional dot or iron will support for the increase in spell damage?
"
Cale_L wrote:
Hi, I have a question. Why did you chose to use slower projectile as the 6th gem rather than faster projectile? Also why not use poison support for the additional dot or iron will support for the increase in spell damage?

Hi!

Slower projectiles gives a "MORE" multiplier. Faster projectiles only gives an "INCREASED" multiplier.

So, slower proj is a lot better when it comes to pure damage.

If you need poison, The Consuming Dark provides it for free. It's very useful especially in tough single target fights.

BTW, as you can see from the thread title tag, this was a 2.2 build and it has been "replaced" with a different solution to play ED in 2.3, the CI Trickster. :)
Last edited by djnat on Jul 29, 2016, 9:11:53 AM
UPDATE: I'm testing new gear combos + a new passive tree because of the 2 extra ascendancy points we get in 2.3.

We can have both the Deadeye and Occultist ascendancies, and this was already amazing in 2.2. In 2.3 we can also start from the Ranger area: this frees 5 passive points and we also get an extra passive point in the process. So we can get all the projectile damage nodes at the Ranger start which are insanely good for ED.

In addition to this, playing life based with cospri + breath of the council lets us free 3 more points from a skill duration cluster, and solve the hexproof maps problem. We also get "free" poison without being forced to use the support gem or the Consuming Dark. Since we can get extra projectile / chaos nodes in this patch, which double dip with the poison damage, and the scepter gives insane chaos damage, the poison becomes very strong even without speccing into fatal toxins.

In the upcoming week this build will get a massive update for 2.3. Stay tuned!
Last edited by djnat on Jul 29, 2016, 12:10:08 PM
Build UPDATED for 2.3!

Leveling section still work in progress.

Some screenshots with damage / defensive stats will be added soon.

A video section is planned to be added in the next days!
Looks awesome! I plan on using this build for my league starter in 2.4, can't wait!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info