[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

So, I decided to level this toon up as I had enough currency to get a shavs. So far, im only level 57.

Here's what I did to level up so far.

Equipped a Tabula, Wanderlust, Doedre ring, and Karui Ward Amulet and bought spark + pierce + onslaught + lesser poison. I then used a Goldrim and swapped it out for a Three dragons for the resists later + a lil extra ES later (if you have something better use it). For weapons I used dual Lifesprigs. Use this setup until you reach Merveils Caverns. Go back to town and purchase Essence Drain, Void Manip, Contagion. You can swap out 1 of your lifesprigs if you find a shield that has better spell dmg increase if you want. Later you can use the heartbreaker for better spell dmg + the ability to shield charge + culling strike - Makes izaro normal/cruel a bit easier.

Use Essence drain and get the appropriate support gems as you go. Controlled Destruction, Efficacy, Swift Affliction. I like to use Decay for extra single target, but you can use whatever you want really. Faster Casting, spell totem, wither, increased AOE etc.

Essence drain will seem a little slow early because we are scion and the increased chaos damage nodes are a little far away. But it should still work somewhat decently. As for the passive tree, what I did was beeline straight to the shadows area and pick up all of the increased chaos damage nodes -

Should look something like this.

After you get that stuff done, you want to go up and grab the other chaos damage nodes then start getting some ES nodes. Dont forget to grab Discipline when you can. tree should look like this -

Then after that just follow the builds tree and get what you see as fitting. I've died a few times mostly because of stupid mistakes and not having good resists. I've since fixed it for now and im doing pretty good. I have about 3.1k EHP since I havn't switched to low life yet nor have I upgraded my gear at all (which is kind of crazy to me at level 57 imo), All i've been running is clarity + discipline. I did put a Poachers Aim Jewel in the jewel slot next to the power charge in the witch side just for that 1 extra pierce - it's amazing how much of a QOL it is :)

For pantheons I've chosen Soul of The Brine King to help mitigate some stuns, and Soul of Aberrath to avoid burning ground which makes my energy shield not recharge(not sure its the best choice overall, but it helps against harbingers).

Current tree -

current gear -

Spoiler

This is just my advice for if you're looking to how to level this toon up, goodluck and thank you for the build!
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Aug 15, 2017, 10:08:38 AM
Even though i use Brine King I don't know why i still got stunned.
"
Bnplay wrote:
Even though i use Brine King I don't know why i still got stunned.

Because Brine King's pantheon doesn't make you stun immune, but stunlock immune (i.e. you cannot be stunned multiple times in a row, but only once every 2 seconds).
Last edited by Murray_ on Mar 19, 2018, 3:40:36 PM
So, just for the record, even on a 4 link shavs this build can do up to t12 with a bit of duck and dodge. I've since then upgraded to a 5link shavs and added on 10k dps and now I can easily do them now no problem. Only at 6k ES but seems feasible. :)

The brine king pantheon is most likely mandatory if you arent planning on running at least an eye of chayula until you can afford a presence of chayula. I've also noticed that the soul of abberath is a big life saver. Theres a lot of burning ground that mobs leave behind and im pretty sure that without it I'd probably be dead 10 times over :D

I am currently playing this build on my twitch stream as well so for anyone wanting to check it out, ill be there. Again, thanks for this awesome build djnat! :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Aug 16, 2017, 2:23:16 PM
"
Do you think this is a good boss farmer in 3.0?

Kill times for bosses (except for guardians and Shaper) are slightly longer when compared to 2.6, but the build can kill every boss pretty easily in 3.0.

Map clearspeed is a lot better now. Contagion is super fast (and has an amazing radius after the 3.0 buff) and Shield Charge + Quicksilver Flask + Haste aura make the maps' navigation a lot smoother.

Chimera and Hydra are considerably faster than pre-FoO, Shaper himself is a bit longer but adds phase is a lot easier.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 16, 2017, 8:42:59 PM
"
xerofite wrote:
So, just for the record, even on a 4 link shavs this build can do up to t12 with a bit of duck and dodge. I've since then upgraded to a 5link shavs and added on 10k dps and now I can easily do them now no problem. Only at 6k ES but seems feasible. :)

The brine king pantheon is most likely mandatory if you arent planning on running at least an eye of chayula until you can afford a presence of chayula. I've also noticed that the soul of abberath is a big life saver. Theres a lot of burning ground that mobs leave behind and im pretty sure that without it I'd probably be dead 10 times over :D

I am currently playing this build on my twitch stream as well so for anyone wanting to check it out, ill be there. Again, thanks for this awesome build djnat! :)

Thank you for playing my build and for the accurate leveling analysis! I'll make use of your leveling experience in the upcoming update of the leveling section of the build. :)
Personally, really struggling with this build in maps since I lack items/good links, to the point where mapping just becomes an exercise in frustration.
Doing tier 5s at level 73, and my character feels so slow and weak.
"
Nomenanza wrote:
Personally, really struggling with this build in maps since I lack items/good links, to the point where mapping just becomes an exercise in frustration.
Doing tier 5s at level 73, and my character feels so slow and weak.

Shavs is pretty mandatory. Also, having over 4k es when you hit maps is pretty important. If you aren't low life yet you will lose out on a big chunk of damage. I did t12's on a 4 link shavs. I had empower 3, controlled destruction, and efficacy with essence drain.

This build is really good when you have the appropriate gear, but if you don't I can definitely see how it could be VERY difficult to proceed into maps.

I would look at your profile to get a better feel as to what you could do to improve faster, but your characters are set to private.

Goodluck!

"
djnat wrote:
Thank you for playing my build and for the accurate leveling analysis! I'll make use of your leveling experience in the upcoming update of the leveling section of the build. :)

Glad I could help. I love Essence Drain builds, this one takes the cake though :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Aug 17, 2017, 4:59:36 AM
Alright so I am wondering which is the best way to go

1. I can buy a shavs 5link and a presence of chayua
2. I can buy a 6 link shav's with no empower 4 or chayua
3. I can buy a 5link shavs with an empower 4

thanks for the feedback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info