[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

Doing the life version of this and was wondering how much life its possible to get? Have a hard time getting over 4K atm. Im only lvl 72 still but when switching for some of the gear u are suggesting ill lose tons of life and gain none of it back from some of the pieces. Taken all life i could in the Ranger and Scion area, not getting any for atleast 10 lvls or so now.

Getting all the good Uniques may seem good in teory but probably need to skip some of them, which ones would u say is the least important of the uniques?
"
Pickboaa wrote:
Doing the life version of this and was wondering how much life its possible to get? Have a hard time getting over 4K atm. Im only lvl 72 still but when switching for some of the gear u are suggesting ill lose tons of life and gain none of it back from some of the pieces. Taken all life i could in the Ranger and Scion area, not getting any for atleast 10 lvls or so now.

Getting all the good Uniques may seem good in teory but probably need to skip some of them, which ones would u say is the least important of the uniques?

With very good gear + jewels you can get about 5500-6000 life at lvl 90+ and 2000+ ES. This doesn't compete with the 10k+ you can reach in the lowlife version or with the 13k+ you can get with the CI trickster version. The life based version is less expensive when compared to CI or ES, but it's squishier and you have to be experienced with the ED gameplay to face the higher contents of PoE.

Probably in the current state of the game Heretic's Veil is replaceable with a good eva / es rare helmet with life plus resistances. If you go with Witchfire Brew you don't need Heretic's Veil at all.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 11, 2017, 3:44:58 AM
Hey, how do you deal with mana issues while leveling? Is there a node we should get?
"
Hey, how do you deal with mana issues while leveling? Is there a node we should get?

While leveling, elreon jewelry can be useful and a mana potion is heavily required.
Currently playing Elementalist pizzasticks, I was lucky enough to run into both a Shavronne's and a Consuming Dark on SSF Legacy, which, however, pretty much locks me out of Voidwalker and Presence of Chayula.
Given the lack of these two items (Eye of Chayula might be a less than stellar replacement), would you suggest that I switch to LL CWC-ED, or is it not worth it?

Edit: Woah, that response was fast.
Last edited by Arraphyn on Mar 14, 2017, 7:07:12 AM
"
Arraphyn wrote:
Currently playing Elementalist pizzasticks, I was lucky enough to run into both a Shavronne's and a Consuming Dark on SSF Legacy, which, however, pretty much locks me out of Voidwalker and Presence of Chayula.
Given the lack of these two items (Eye of Chayula might be a less than stellar replacement), would you suggest that I switch to LL CWC-ED, or is it not worth it?

You can still go lowlife with Shav, and play CWC with the Pierce gem in place of Slower Projectiles, using the Deadeye sub-ascendancy in place of the Trickster one. You'll lose 10% damage on ED (and 10% double dipping on poison) but you can still have 80% pierce (50% from the gem, 30% from the Deadeye ascendancy). I've not personally tested, btw, how aiming at targets feels in the CWC setup with the Deadeye double ED projectile; I'm not sure it would be simple to play.

You can also stay with the Trickster or Pathfinder sub-ascendancy and go for 50% pierce chance. Better than nothing.

If you happen to get Brinerot Whalers (or even Rainbowstride!), they are excellent substitutes until you try to get the Shaper boots which are BIS for this build by a large degree.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 14, 2017, 5:50:23 AM
Playing the build so far and enjoying it a lot. I'm leveling as low-life and I'm coming up to level 70. You say to take path of the witch as your last ascendancy. Does this mean you did uber lab with a fairly incomplete passive tree? You have a large chunk of points sprouting from the witch tree. Thanks
"
puffsley wrote:
Playing the build so far and enjoying it a lot. I'm leveling as low-life and I'm coming up to level 70. You say to take path of the witch as your last ascendancy. Does this mean you did uber lab with a fairly incomplete passive tree? You have a large chunk of points sprouting from the witch tree. Thanks
I simply connect from the shadow area to the witch one, ignoring the spell damage left start and heading from the east to the west side of the tree. Then, when I get the uber lab ascendancy, I unspec the useless travel nodes and take all the points of the witch's left start later.

I usually do uber lab around level 77-78.
Thanks for the reply. And how do you get enough strength to level your red gems?
"
puffsley wrote:
Thanks for the reply. And how do you get enough strength to level your red gems?

As you can see, we get 20 base strength being Scion and 40 from the passive tree. The remaining required strength is found on jewelry (Chayula has +16 to all attributes and I have got a ring with a strength suffix on it, plus if I'm not wrong I have a jewel with +str on it).

Usually Chayula and a good ring suffix are more than enough to meet the str req of this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info