[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
Malk87 wrote:
How "well" the life base one (I can't go LL at season start cause no shavs lol) would compare to a CI Trickster/Occultist like the one you created yourself? Just asking ooc cause I wanna roll ED this league and I can't decide which class to go for! Thanks.

Going CI is a lot safer than lifebased. I didn't have the time to update the Trickster build for 2.6, maybe I will do it later on the league.

The lifebased version has a great damage output, especially on non-immune to poison targets. The CI trikcster has less damage, but a crazy survivability.

It's up to you. If you want to go Trickster and start lifebased then switch to CI or LL, take a look at Nedieth's guide, which I consider one of the absolute best for ED around the PoE forums.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 3, 2017, 10:50:20 AM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Malk87 wrote:
How "well" the life base one (I can't go LL at season start cause no shavs lol) would compare to a CI Trickster/Occultist like the one you created yourself? Just asking ooc cause I wanna roll ED this league and I can't decide which class to go for! Thanks.

Going CI is a lot safer than lifebased. I didn't have the time to update the Trickster build for 2.6, maybe I will do it later on the league.

The lifebased version has a great damage output, especially on non-immune to poison targets. The CI trikcster has less damage, but a crazy survivability.

It's up to you. If you want to go Trickster and start lifebased then switch to CI or LL, take a look at Nedieth's guide, which I consider one of the absolute best for ED around the PoE forums.

Yea you can tell that to my Raider in Breach lol, could facttank everything but Dark Forest boss cause stupid chaos damage wolf spam ahah. And yea I've been looking at that guide too to get a grasp of how an ED character works, I just got caught by your Scion build cause she is the black sheep of PoE atm (hopefully she'll get revamped in 3.0 as they said) and I like begin a special snowflake/playing underground builds lol.
"
Malk87 wrote:
Yea you can tell that to my Raider in Breach lol, could facttank everything but Dark Forest boss cause stupid chaos damage wolf spam ahah. And yea I've been looking at that guide too to get a grasp of how an ED character works, I just got caught by your Scion build cause she is the black sheep of PoE atm (hopefully she'll get revamped in 3.0 as they said) and I like begin a special snowflake/playing underground builds lol.

Scion is quite powerful for Essence Drain.

It is worse for other kind of builds, that's for sure. But the tree efficiency and the utilities it gets for the ED gameplay are quite amazing.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Malk87 wrote:

Scion is quite powerful for Essence Drain.

It is worse for other kind of builds, that's for sure. But the tree efficiency and the utilities it gets for the ED gameplay are quite amazing.

I think I'll give it a shot then, what about occultist tho which everyone says it's Best for ED?
Last edited by Malkybutt on Mar 3, 2017, 12:00:46 PM
Occultist is nice for ED because of Void Beacon (which is similar to the Scion's Occultist node, but it's slightly better because it's 20% chaos penetration even without the curses on the target, so it works in hexproof maps too).

But profane bloom is pretty horrible for map clearing. It often stops the ED spreading via Contagion because it has a bad interaction with Contagion itself.

To have a smoother mapping, Trickster is probably the best, but it lacks something at bosses. Occultist is great at bosses (and it's great for HC players because of the ES recharge mechanic which can be handy in some fights, especially Hydra), but lacks when clearing maps.

Scion is the great all-rounder which is good at both map clearing and boss fights. That's why I prefer her, and she has the greatest passive tree layout of all PoE classes.
"
djnat wrote:
Occultist is nice for ED because of Void Beacon (which is similar to the Scion's Occultist node, but it's slightly better because it's 20% chaos penetration even without the curses on the target, so it works in hexproof maps too).

But profane bloom is pretty horrible for map clearing. It often stops the ED spreading via Contagion because it has a bad interaction with Contagion itself.

To have a smoother mapping, Trickster is probably the best, but it lacks something at bosses. Occultist is great at bosses (and it's great for HC players because of the ES recharge mechanic which can be handy in some fights, especially Hydra), but lacks when clearing maps.

Scion is the great all-rounder which is good at both map clearing and boss fights. That's why I prefer her, and she has the greatest passive tree layout of all PoE classes.

Let's try the life based Scion then, I didn't know that Profane Bloom fucked up ED so badly (it's one of my fave passives ever lol.) Also What about Drillneck for The increased Damage with penetration and eventually a crafted bow with a Delirium essence (speculating hard here even cause we would drop the Unique scepter and such.) Thanks!
"
Malk87 wrote:
"
djnat wrote:

Let's try the life based Scion then, I didn't know that Profane Bloom fucked up ED so badly (it's one of my fave passives ever lol.) Also What about Drillneck for The increased Damage with penetration and eventually a crafted bow with a Delirium essence (speculating hard here even cause we would drop the Unique scepter and such.) Thanks!

Keep in mind that the lifebased Scion was born before the Atlas, so her endgame capabilities when facing guardians / Shaper are inferior when compared to the lowlife CWC iteration. Not for the DPS, which is very good, but for the survivability (ES > life these days, and I'm sure you already know it).
Been rolling a Scion successfully so far, just one consideration, what about the Acrobatics cluster on the right edge of the tree?
"
Malk87 wrote:
Been rolling a Scion successfully so far, just one consideration, what about the Acrobatics cluster on the right edge of the tree?

The problem with Acrobatics is that it requires a bit too many points to be taken in this build and it halvens the ES value.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Malk87 wrote:

The problem with Acrobatics is that it requires a bit too many points to be taken in this build and it halvens the ES value.

I was thinking to grab it for the Full-life version for extra survivability, mmm we'll see I'll spend some more points on health atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info